Drink package but dont drink

Handle63

7 minutes ago, Handle63 said:

I am going on the NCL Encore in Nov. Just wondering are "Mocktails" available on the premium drink package?

Thank you

I can't answer that, but i do know you can have the drink package removed from your booking. Your cost for the cruise will go down several hundred dollars. Of course if you're really interested in mocktails the drink package may be worth the cost of the taxes and fees associated with the free packages.

Personally, I only drink wine, and I like to be able to drink ones I know I like, so I bring wine onboard and pay to $15 fee per bottle. To me, its better to have good wine than on overpriced one from their wine list.

I don't drink. At all. Literally have never even tasted alcohol, but I get the FAS package. In the past, I've enjoyed virgin Pina coladas and daiquiris. I'm looking forward to trying a virgin mudslide and (if I get this wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me) a virgin mango madness. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EvanBedar said:

Recovering alkies in our household, so this online promo package wasn't our thing.

Though especially now that the basic package includes water cartons, if mocktails are of interest it may still make economic sense to keep the package.  

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, herbanrenewal said:

I can't answer that, but i do know you can have the drink package removed from your booking. Your cost for the cruise will go down several hundred dollars. Of course if you're really interested in mocktails the drink package may be worth the cost of the taxes and fees associated with the free packages.

Personally, I only drink wine, and I like to be able to drink ones I know I like, so I bring wine onboard and pay to $15 fee per bottle. To me, its better to have good wine than on overpriced one from their wine list.

I think it’s great that you can now bring on all the wine you want for free if you have the UBP, I used to pay corkage in addition to the UBP because I can drink wines I like, and in the cabin.

just to be clear, if you cancel the drink package you only save on the 20% gratuities.  You don't save anything on the cruise fare.  To actually save on the cruise fare, you'd have to pick a sailaway cabin, which would mean not picking your own cabin and you'd lose all the free at sea promos, except you'd still get the shore excursion credit

22 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

just to be clear, if you cancel the drink package you only save on the 20% gratuities.  You don't save anything on the cruise fare.  To actually save on the cruise fare, you'd have to pick a sailaway cabin, which would mean not picking your own cabin and you'd lose all the free at sea promos, except you'd still get the shore excursion credit

True.  For two people the Premium Drink pack is $136 pd pp.  For our trip that would have been $828 total if we didn’t get it as a promtional addon and just paid for it.   After I canceled ours we received two refunds:   $390 and $108.  

Edited by EvanBedar