Current MSC Promotion - A MSC nightmare

tbmrt

My friend had a mixup on her original booking for a 3 night cruise on 11/3 that included $100 OBC. They gave her cabin away and put her in a less desirable balcony at approximate same price without $100 OBC. However, they told her it included Easy Plus package and internet for 2.  I'm thinking she may be better keeping this "new deal".  She keeps getting different information every time she calls MSC.  Does anyone know if MSC's current offer does include  2 people for both Easy plus package and internet?  

I did a dummy booking and saw the following:

ScreenHunter 192.png

Better to keep this deal, really. If I had deals like that from where I live to Barcelona, I'd just to pick the less desirable inside of all ship and snag some 2 or 3 consecutive 3-4 nights cruises just to be out of my routine!... Meanwhile; I believe you're talking about the Divina, sure? Classy ship for a quiet cruise. Wonderful!... The deal is clearly for 2 devices.

Edited by Nunagoras

25 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

The deal is clearly for 2 devices.

It clearly says "2 devices" here, but in other places it says 1 device. I can confirm that once you actually book this offer (FREE DRINKS AND WIFI), the confirmation shows each passenger as having the Easy Plus drinks package and the "Browse" internet package for 1 device.

This is for 2 guests, I don't know what happens if you have 3+ in the cabin (I would assume the others get nothing).

Sounds like this deal might be better than what she was getting initially. Is the drink package and internet for two worth more than the $100 OBC? I dont drink alcohol, but I used their drink package for non alcoholic beverages. I guess it depends on whether she values $100 OBC more than the two included additions. Cabin location - I guess that value depends on whether or not she thinks the new location is horrible. Good luck to your friend. 

27 minutes ago, hawkeyetlse said:

It clearly says "2 devices" here, but in other places it says 1 device. I can confirm that once you actually book this offer (FREE DRINKS AND WIFI), the confirmation shows each passenger as having the Easy Plus drinks package and the "Browse" internet package for 1 device.

This is for 2 guests, I don't know what happens if you have 3+ in the cabin (I would assume the others get nothing).

3+ need to pay catalog prices for both drinks and internet packages. Minors will have the minors nonalcoholic drinks package, no internet.

Edited by Nunagoras

22 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Sounds like this deal might be better than what she was getting initially. Is the drink package and internet for two worth more than the $100 OBC? I dont drink alcohol, but I used their drink package for non alcoholic beverages. I guess it depends on whether she values $100 OBC more than the two included additions. Cabin location - I guess that value depends on whether or not she thinks the new location is horrible. Good luck to your friend. 

A few bottles of water plus a coffee drink after meal time plus a nice cappuccino with breakfast and perhaps a hot chocolate before bed time mostly pays for a drinks package discounted at that level while bundled in the cruise fare. To each their own.

12 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

A few bottles of water plus a coffee drink after meal time plus a nice cappuccino with breakfast and perhaps a hot chocolate before bed time mostly pays for a drinks package discounted at that level while bundled in the cruise fare. To each their own.

Morning. I'm not sure if your reply is for the OP's consideration or me. I dont drink coffee beverages so I didnt use the plan for those options. But, cool for folks that drink coffee beverages.

I'm not sure how much the Internet cost factors into the promo in addition to the drinks. 

Do you know how much internet for 2 people costs if she adds that without the promo? And how much the drinks package costs for 2 people if adding that without the promo? But, both of those are assumed if she wants those two options or not. It's a really short cruise do perhaps she might not want to add one or both. 

Not related to beverages, but I might have missed if the OP included how many people her friend is booking the cabin for. Not sure if its 2 or more. I saw the replies with comments about number of passengers. 

Edited by blueslily
Fixed my spelling error

25 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Morning. I'm not sure if your reply is for the OP's consideration or me. I dont drink coffee beverages so I didnt use the plan for those options. But, cool for folks that drink coffee beverages.

I'm not sure how much the Internet cost factors into the promo in addition to the drinks. 

Do you know how much internet for 2 people costs if she adds that without the promo? And how much the drinks package costs for 2 people if adding that without the promo? But, both of those are assumed if she wants those two options or not. It's a really short cruise do perhaps she might not want to add one or both. 

Not related to beverages, but I might have missed if the OP included how many people her friend is booking the cabin for. Not sure if its 2 or more. I saw the replies with comments about number of passengers. 

Yes, I added that for OP's consideration exactly.

No; I don't know what the price per item of those things purchased separately; but they're very, very likely far more expensive; to let alone that if purchased onboard there'd to be a 15% service charge added and MSC doesn't permit those purchases onboard on less than 4 nights cruises. Obviously the deal would be less desirable in the event of a 3+ guests in same stateroom, but even then not by a large margine. I'd go for it!

• Like 1

These are the pre-purchase prices I am seeing for an upcoming 7-day Mediterranean cruise (booked in USD):

Easy plus package $51 pppd, and everyone in the cabin must purchase it (if purchased onboard it's even worse because they add gratuity)

"Browse" Internet package 1 device: $62.09 (for the whole cruise)

2 devices: $99.33 (two people can use this if you don't mind sharing one login)

So as add-ons, drinks and wifi for 2 people for one week would cost over $800. Whereas the "free drinks and wifi" fare was less than $300 more than the base rate (that's total for 2 people).

Edited by hawkeyetlse

They don’t seem to sell the drink packages a la carte on three day cruises, so the promo is a great way to get it. We have never bought a drink package before but snagged this promo for a three day cruise. We never would spend money on a cappuccino usually. It will be nice to not have to worry and order drinks, special coffees and fresh squeezed OJ. Also, I hear soft serve is included in the easy plus package. MSC has started charging for

soft serve. The promo  is the mid grade beverage package which is nice. I’m usually a well drink person, so again it will be a treat. 

I prefer no Wi-Fi while on a cruise, so that didn’t even factor into my equation. 

• Like 1

Also, I believe it is for two devices but may be easily confused as one. That is because one person gets two devices. (Technically) The other person doesn’t get any. But of course I could use one of my husbands two connections. You just decide which to devices to connect wisely as you can’t change which devices mid cruise. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tbmrt said:

My friend had a mixup on her original booking for a 3 night cruise on 11/3 that included $100 OBC. They gave her cabin away and put her in a less desirable balcony at approximate same price without $100 OBC. However, they told her it included Easy Plus package and internet for 2.  I'm thinking she may be better keeping this "new deal".  She keeps getting different information every time she calls MSC.  Does anyone know if MSC's current offer does include  2 people for both Easy plus package and internet?  

I did a dummy booking and saw the following:

ScreenHunter 192.png

Yes it includes the people on her booking, in her stateroom.

We booked our last cruise and our upcoming December cruise using that offer

Both of us had WiFi browsing, we used it on our phones. (You cannot use it on more than one device per person)

Easyplus is also a good package. It satisfied our drink needs (cocktails up to $9 including frozen drinks, specialty coffees and smoothies etc)

16 hours ago, mawvkysc said:

Also, I hear soft serve is included in the easy plus package.

There used to be something about some extra-charge food being included in the more expensive packages, but that's gone now. The (alcoholic) drink packages are for drinks, period. The terms explicitly say that the ice cream menu is excluded.

(The alcohol-free package still mentions soft-serve ice cream.)

Scooped ice cream is free in the buffet and dining room anyway, so I've never gone looking for soft-serve.

Edited by hawkeyetlse
  • Thanks 1