Greenland passport

LadyBeBop

Yes, you are leaving the United States and entering the Kingdom of Denmark.
In addition, if you are a citizen of a country (but not USA) from which a visa to Denmark is required, a visa is also required to travel to Greenland.

58 minutes ago, mom says said:

And not to forget that a passport is required for cruises stopping in Canada too.

Not for US citizens on a closed loop cruise from a US port. Any number of WHTI-compliant documents including an official birth certificate and government-issued photo ID such as a drivers license are sufficient. An enhanced drivers license or a passport card are also sufficient. 

Some cruise lines...primarily luxury lines...require all passengers to have a passport regardless of whether other documents are legally sufficient. 

Edited by njhorseman

Thanks for the responses. 

Looks like it’s a no-go. We were looking at the round trip from Baltimore in 2024. But, due to my granddaughter’s natural-born father, we don’t want to get her a passport until she turns 16. And she doesn’t turn 16 until October 2024. 

Maybe 2025. 

13 hours ago, LadyBeBop said:

Thanks for the responses. 

Looks like it’s a no-go. We were looking at the round trip from Baltimore in 2024. But, due to my granddaughter’s natural-born father, we don’t want to get her a passport until she turns 16. And she doesn’t turn 16 until October 2024. 

Maybe 2025. 

Personally, I would check with the cruiseline on this.  Most closed-loop cruises do not require passports; however, there are some destinations which will require them.

2 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

Personally, I would check with the cruiseline on this.  Most closed-loop cruises do not require passports; however, there are some destinations which will require them.

The closed loop cruise exception only applies to cruises calling on Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas, Bermuda and most of the Caribbean. 

Greenland is part of Denmark and is not part of the closed loop cruise exception areas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1