TV channels on Meraviglia

Elsammo46

On Divina 2 weeks ago we had CNN, TMC, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Discovery, Cartoon Network, Nick Jr, ESPN & ESPN2. I would think Meraviglia is the same, as those are the channels I remember from my January cruise.  

As an FYI, if you are interested in sports, the ESPN channels are primarily Caribbean / International versions and show a lot of soccer & cricket. The did show the national NFL games from CBS & Fox on Sunday afternoon, & Sunday, Monday & Thursday night football. They showed 1-2 college football games on Saturday and a couple of the MLB playoff games.

Edited by JT1962

I'm so glad people are asking TV questions. Getting ready for dinner, getting ready for bed and some times during the day are where so many like a good movie or even some "Law and Order"- LOL

Hopefully MSC will understand some of us Americans love our TV 😊📺 Heck-I need it to sleep at night.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Debde said:

I'm so glad people are asking TV questions. Getting ready for dinner, getting ready for bed and some times during the day are where so many like a good movie or even some "Law and Order"- LOL

Hopefully MSC will understand some of us Americans love our TV 😊📺 Heck-I need it to sleep at night.

Hahaha, Actually when I started reading the thread, I was like, "tv channels. What do you need that for?" Hahaha. I've actually never watched tv while on a cruise, lol. I look at my cruise account or the cruise line's stuff, but I don't ever recall regular watching tv or movies. I like to get away from that mess when on vacation. I can do that back at home 😁 So, this is an interesting thread to me. Oh, and I use a mini fan for white noise, if necessary.  Happy cruising!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blueslily said:

Hahaha, Actually when I started reading the thread, I was like, "tv channels. What do you need that for?" Hahaha. I've actually never watched tv while on a cruise, lol. I look at my cruise account or the cruise line's stuff, but I don't ever recall regular watching tv or movies. I like to get away from that mess when on vacation. I can do that back at home 😁 So, this is an interesting thread to me. Oh, and I use a mini fan for white noise, if necessary.  Happy cruising!

This is an interesting post to me.  
Yeah well we aren’t the same.   Thank gosh.  
I personally enjoy relaxing watching some tv b4 bed. I like to fall asleep to a tv every night.    Also don’t mind watching a movie some sea days to break up the day while maybe taking a power nap or just to decompress 

that’s why I always have my iPad with Netflix with shows downloaded.   
and I’ll bring an HDMI cable just incase I can mirror to the tv.    

• Like 4

Don't know how to do the IPad thing. [son lectures me often LOL] that being said what's on TV is somewhat important to us.

I think a while back Royal had a channel called drama. It was a pre-taped TNT kind of channel. Hubby was in his glory.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Debde said:

Don't know how to do the IPad thing. [son lectures me often LOL] that being said what's on TV is somewhat important to us.

I think a while back Royal had a channel called drama. It was a pre-taped TNT kind of channel. Hubby was in his glory.

Princess discovery had the best selection of tv shows I’ve ever seen.   So many options.    I was in heaven in alaska.  Lol.  

21 hours ago, JT1962 said:

On Divina 2 weeks ago we had CNN, TMC, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Discovery, Cartoon Network, Nick Jr, ESPN & ESPN2. I would think Meraviglia is the same, as those are the channels I remember from my January cruise.  

This

As one who enjoys watching TV while on a cruise (like admitting you don't like little puppies to some),

I am very disappointed that the lineup on Meraviglia is the same as Divina.  I can assume, like Divina, they also do not have free on demand movies.  Ugh.  At least on Meraviglia there will be a TV larger than the postage stamp one on Divina.  Although it still won't be worth watching!

But we loved the YC experience, so we will make do!

On 10/31/2022 at 5:30 PM, GonzoWCS said:

This

That matches our experience on Meraviglia last week.  Meraviglia does have the port and aft underwater view channels, but they are only useful during the day, and were not always on.

• 1 month later...