Eastbound TA cabin preference and laundry question

topnole

I’m considering an eastbound TA from Fl to Barcelona.   Been a while since my last TA so I can’t remember which side of the ship we prefer   Anyone have an opinion on port side vs starboard for your balcony given the eastward direction in spring?   

Also,  as D+, do we get just one small bag of laundry for free or is it 2 on a longer voyage?   I’m looking at both 12 and 14 night cruises.  Yes I know the deal with the bag (small and they bake your clothes) and have used it several times.  I just don’t remember if we got 2 on our last TA.  

25 minutes ago, topnole said:

I’m considering an eastbound TA from Fl to Barcelona.   Been a while since my last TA so I can’t remember which side of the ship we prefer   Anyone have an opinion on port side vs starboard for your balcony given the eastward direction in spring?   

Also,  as D+, do we get just one small bag of laundry for free or is it 2 on a longer voyage?   I’m looking at both 12 and 14 night cruises.  Yes I know the deal with the bag (small and they bake your clothes) and have used it several times.  I just don’t remember if we got 2 on our last TA.  

We just got off a 10 night, one bag each.  Eastbound will only get the sun on the Starboard side. 

3 minutes ago, topnole said:

Think it is too much sun on starboard?   March/April timeframe?

It is pretty much all or none.  I remember on Westbound TA'S we kept the curtains closed often.  That being said we will always get a sunny side of the ship cabin on a TA. Too hot and too sunny is better than always dark and cold.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

We just got off a 10 night, one bag each.  Eastbound will only get the sun on the Starboard side. 

I think there is a threshold for laundry and you get two bags free?  Maybe 14 night or longer?

5 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Even on our longer cruises I don't think we got more than 1 bag each. (Did 2 cruises totaling 35 nts circling Australia and we each only got 1 bag for each cruise.)  Amazing how much we can stuff into that bag!

Thanks.  Oh well.  At least I can get underwear and tee shirts done once.   I won’t put a lot of items in those bags else they would be ruined.  Gotta be careful as they really nuke the clothing.