Semi-Live Regal Princess BCN to FLL 11/6 to 12/2

Denmal

12/2...last update...after several days of no internet we got it back yesterday at around 4pm.  Overall the cruise was great. After 26 days on the ship I am ready to be home.  The staff of the Regal is amazing!! They could not do enough for us.  Only real problem was our last meal ar crown grill.  The staff was overwhelmed and in the weeds.  We had a reservation for 6:50.

Not seated until 7:15...another 15 minutes to get drinks. Ect.  Food was good but not one of our best meals on the ship.  

Still happy with Princess brand and cruises...next up Panama Canal in February..

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Denmal said:

12/2...last update...after several days of no internet we got it back yesterday at around 4pm.  Overall the cruise was great. After 26 days on the ship I am ready to be home.  The staff of the Regal is amazing!! They could not do enough for us.  Only real problem was our last meal ar crown grill.  The staff was overwhelmed and in the weeds.  We had a reservation for 6:50.

Not seated until 7:15...another 15 minutes to get drinks. Ect.  Food was good but not one of our best meals on the ship.  

Still happy with Princess brand and cruises...next up Panama Canal in February..

Agree - it was a great cruise overall and did much to allay some skepticism I had about the brand.

You mentioned the staff - they were amazing and did a great job, particularly under trying circumstances as they were noticeably short-staffed. The kitchen off the Symphony DR had to be closed down because they couldn't adequately staff it! That meant that the hard-working servers in the Symphony had to go up to the Concerto kitchen on 6, by stairs, for everything. Try walking down a flight a stairs with ten plates on a tray! 

Another thing we noticed about the staff: primarily Philippine, but many were challenged with the English language, both in speaking and understanding. Never noticed that before to this extent on previous cruises. But I don't fault them - they were too good to us!

• Like 2

we too disembarked this morning....it was a wonderful cruise! the crew members were beyond outstanding and made for a great experience.

the ship is in  perfect condition, the food to us was superior.

the only negative? and it didn't in any way spoil a wonderful experience......

Denmal was spot on about the sub par experience in the crown grill......

we greatly anticipated the crown grill experience on Sunday night ....but it was exactly as Denmal described...sensing our disappointment, we were offered  a voucher for another night....we declined the offer....not wort the wasted time and noise level at full capacity....

we have already booked another cruise on the Regal next spring...., its that good!

• Like 3

On 12/2/2022 at 8:43 AM, Denmal said:

No matter how long a cruise, by the end, DH is always ready to go home 🙂 

Sorry the last night was sub par. We always do specialty dining on our last night and this would have been a disappointment. 😞 

Edited by jennybenny
typos

we disembarked yesterday after 15 days....my observation ....and its  just my experience.......mask wearing was very minimal to non existent , with staff and very few passengers...I saw some signage at elevators suggesting limiting the number of people (maybe 8?) to enter an elevator .Apparantly many of the passengers are reading impaired ....as they overloaded the elevators with12 -14 people....the  girth and perfume  smell created the opportunity to make the moment memorable but certainly not pleasant!

I heard no crew announcements or discussion about numbers of cases ....

As usual, the usual hacking and coughing seemed to increase as the days went on...

Really, from the the buffet ,to the bars, to venues it was very similar to pre pandemic experience.....

you are absolutely going to enjoy the cruise....the captain and crew are remarkable....safe travels!

5 minutes ago, tml1230 said:

we disembarked yesterday after 15 days....my observation ....and its  just my experience.......mask wearing was very minimal to non existent , with staff and very few passengers...I saw some signage at elevators suggesting limiting the number of people (maybe 8?) to enter an elevator .Apparantly many of the passengers are reading impaired ....as they overloaded the elevators with12 -14 people....the  girth and perfume  smell created the opportunity to make the moment memorable but certainly not pleasant!

I heard no crew announcements or discussion about numbers of cases ....

As usual, the usual hacking and coughing seemed to increase as the days went on...

Really, from the the buffet ,to the bars, to venues it was very similar to pre pandemic experience.....

you are absolutely going to enjoy the cruise....the captain and crew are remarkable....safe travels!

was on the same cruise but for a total of 48 days....from Oct 15th onwards, crew wearing of masks increased, as did pax wearing them. Coughing increased and mention of covid isolation also increased.

Crew were fantastic. Food was pretty good for the most part.

Enjoyed our time very much.

3 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

We’re on the Regal next cruise, curious about reported Covid + passengers and crew? Thanks. 

Covid was present but minimal. We did know of at least two cases of isolation on Emerald deck.

There was a minor sinus cold going around, with negative tests.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:43 AM, Denmal said:

@Denmal I came across your semi live blog on your BCN to FLL Regal Princess cruise. Really enjoyed to read your experience and photos, I felt like to follow your footsteps in 2023. Was it a back2back cruise? Thank you. 

On 12/5/2022 at 11:16 AM, fannym123 said:

@Denmal I came across your semi live blog on your BCN to FLL Regal Princess cruise. Really enjoyed to read your experience and photos, I felt like to follow your footsteps in 2023. Was it a back2back cruise? Thank you. 

Yes..an 11 day from Barcelona to Rome then a 15 day Rome to Ft. Lauderdale