Live From The Getaway..... 1-8-2023

Laszlo

On 11/2/2022 at 11:32 AM, Laszlo said:

A quick edit / add. I had originally booked and paid for Vibe passes 2-3 months ago when you could get them online. Since we are now booked in the Haven I canceled them. I must have spoke to 5 different people at NCL customer service. First person said I had to go thru my TA, second person didn't know how. I'm not sure about the third or forth, I got transferred to managers who never picked up. I finally go to someone who said no problem. Within 10 seconds it was done, at least it's not on my reservation anymore. Hopefully in 7-10 days my CC will get the refund

Loved watching your videos thanks for sharing and nice meeting you!  The underwater shipwreck was SO cool even the slide on the ship was fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markn06074 said:

Loved watching your videos thanks for sharing and nice meeting you!  The underwater shipwreck was SO cool even the slide on the ship was fun.

Thanks Mark! It was nice meeting you also!

More videos to come, keep watching my channel

Traveler, my experience has been similar to yours, but what I was referring to was this particular review. Never have I been on an NCL cruise where the main production was only done once. With FDR's entertainment cuts, this may be the sign of the future. I loved Burn the Floor but not 3 or 4 times on the same cruise. I would like to know, (and never will) how many people missed out because of this. 

3 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Haven tour on the Getaway

So appreciated! This is wonderful. First Getaway cruise coming up in April and this was a great preview of what looks like another wonderful Haven area.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post. You made a lot of people very happy!

Warmest, Amy

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

Traveler, my experience has been similar to yours, but what I was referring to was this particular review. Never have I been on an NCL cruise where the main production was only done once. With FDR's entertainment cuts, this may be the sign of the future. I loved Burn the Floor but not 3 or 4 times on the same cruise. I would like to know, (and never will) how many people missed out because of this. 

Million Dollar Quartet was shown the last three evenings. 

• Like 3

On 1/24/2023 at 6:09 AM, Laszlo said:

So who all from the cruise is feeling sick? I've seen a number of reports people testing positive for Covid. Knock on wood, my wife and I are still feeling fine

I kind of assumed we would be sick when we got back but both of us feel great. I didn’t really notice a lot of coughing on the cruise. Maybe a little more the last few days. Only heard one person with a cough that sounded terrible when I was sitting on the top sun deck. 

30 minutes ago, Fischmom said:

I kind of assumed we would be sick when we got back but both of us feel great. I didn’t really notice a lot of coughing on the cruise. Maybe a little more the last few days. Only heard one person with a cough that sounded terrible when I was sitting on the top sun deck. 

I didn't notice any coughing or people saying they were sick. I saw at two ports somebody left in an Ambulance

4 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

Lazlo, who did your snorkel with turtle tour in Barbados?  If it was through NCL, do you know who the subcontractor was?  Thanks so much.

https://silvermoonbarbados.com

Silver Moon!  5 Stars..

The take 12 people on their boats, they have room for 50. It was great, we only had 8 people total and three crew members. All drinks, snacks and a really nice grilled lunch is included. 5 hours long, I think it was $120 each. At one time we were next to a catamaran with about 100 people from our cruise, I'm glad we were with Silvermoon

3 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Silver Moon!  5 Stars..

The take 12 people on their boats, they have room for 50. It was great, we only had 8 people total and three crew members. All drinks, snacks and a really nice grilled lunch is included. 5 hours long, I think it was $120 each. At one time we were next to a catamaran with about 100 people from our cruise, I'm glad we were with Silvermoon

Thank you so much!

So far my whole family is - thankfully - still healthy.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 8:48 PM, Laszlo said:

Silver Moon!  5 Stars..

Thanks for the recommendation. I think I’m going to book this! Probably a silly question but do the turtles bite? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LauraAnneC said:

Thanks for the recommendation. I think I’m going to book this! Probably a silly question but do the turtles bite? 

They will bite, just don't stick your hands / fingers in front of their faces. They will think your feeding them a small fish

Edited by Laszlo

On 1/29/2023 at 8:49 AM, LauraAnneC said:

Laura Anne, there are 5 of us who are going on the Silver Moon on our cruise (6 Feb) but because of port arrival time it's only from 2:45 - 6:45p. afternoon cruise.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Outta My Work Clothes said:

Laura Anne, there are 5 of us who are going on the Silver Moon on our cruise (6 Feb) but because of port arrival time it's only from 2:45 - 6:45p. afternoon cruise.

I plan on doing this too. Are you doing the trip that includes food? I haven’t booked yet as I was trying to decide which one to book. I’m in two minds whether I want the food option. Packing this evening as I leave for NY tomorrow 😄