Two Teens + Two Adults = One Cabin??

JBCall

11 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

We are still not ready to cruise again because the thought of being quarantined in a cabin is terrifying.

Too each his/her own.  We just completed our third post-Covid and have several more coming up.  Things are probably back to as close to normal as they will ever be.  

• Like 2

Me and my two teen boys (17 & 15) will make it work in an inside cabin I think. I know, cramped. But I think this is part of the memory making. We will laugh and have fun, and if we really don’t like it, we will do it different the next time. Thanks for all of the comments. Really makes this fun and exciting to plan and anticipate. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Me and my two teen boys (17 & 15) will make it work in an inside cabin I think. I know, cramped. But I think this is part of the memory making. We will laugh and have fun, and if we really don’t like it, we will do it different the next time. Thanks for all of the comments. Really makes this fun and exciting to plan and anticipate. 

Good for you!  I applaud that kind of attitude.  Can you bottle it and pass it out in the CC lounge?  🤣

It's the polar opposite of the "If I can't sail Haven, I'M NOT SAILING....D%MN%T" that we hear way too often.  @ChiefMateJRK says that "cruiser who boards cruise with @New2cruise2022attitude will have a fantastic time."😎

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Actually, not hard, as I stated I’m very claustrophobic, the lack of a window would make it impossible. We are still not ready to cruise again because the thought of being quarantined in a cabin is terrifying.

That's why you book a fancy room with a balcony so if you do get quarantined you're still able to get fresh air and not go stir crazy.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

That's why you book a fancy room with a balcony so if you do get quarantined you're still able to get fresh air and not go stir crazy.

Well, the simple answer my 🐀sister is don't get quarantined!  jk  I sail steerage.  It's who I am (well, let's just go with that 😁)   I don't need no stinkin' balcony!

(disclaimer: I've sailed balcony on my last three cruises)

• Haha 2

On 11/2/2022 at 10:12 PM, JBCall said:

Hi all,

Are the balcony cabins big enough to hold 2 teens (14, 16) plus their parents?  Should we be looking at a Club Balcony Suite or two cabins?  We are looking at a spring break cruise on either the Joy, Bliss, or Encore. 

We are experienced cruisers but have not been on NCL before.  Are there significant differences between the three ships?

Thanks.

We have done four in a balcony.  It can be a little bit tight if everyone wants to do the same thing at the same time, but it can be done and help save a lot of money, especially if you catch a 3rd/4th free or 3d/4th $99.  Most people do not spend a lot of time in the cabin anyway so I would at least consider it.  It is not as horried as some would have you believe.

Read about the ships at this page https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship

11 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

We always get a balcony, I spend a lot more time out there than in the small cabin (yes balconies are small but feels much bigger bring outside). During Covid folks were moved from their cabins into ocean views.

11 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Well, the simple answer my 🐀sister is don't get quarantined!  jk  I sail steerage.  It's who I am (well, let's just go with that 😁)   I don't need no stinkin' balcony!

(disclaimer: I've sailed balcony on my last three cruises)

I'll get you into that Haven 3br garden villa one of these days...

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

We always get a balcony, I spend a lot more time out there than in the small cabin (yes balconies are small but feels much bigger bring outside). During Covid folks were moved from their cabins into ocean views.

Most recent policy for covid + people is they stay where they are in their existing rooms (as of my September sailing at least). So folks who booked a suite got to stay in that suite.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pickle11 said:

I can have fun at home for half the costs.  You have to pay for fun on a cruise ship.  The more you pay the more fun you have.

?!?!  If you're referring to pay for a cruise vs. staying home, then I'm with you.  😎

Hopefully, you're not suggesting that somebody who pays twice as much for their cruise has twice as much fun as the peasant in steerage (i.e. @ChiefMateJRK)  That would just be plain crazy talk.  I have just as much fun as anyone on the ship and I can PROVE IT!! 🤣

(I also have reason to believe that I have a lot more fun on CC than many)

17 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Hopefully, you're not suggesting that somebody who pays twice as much for their cruise has twice as much fun as the peasant in steerage (i.e. @ChiefMateJRK)  That would just be plain crazy talk.  I have just as much fun as anyone on the ship and I can PROVE IT!! 🤣

(I also have reason to believe that I have a lot more fun on CC than many)

No   I am not suggesting but you just did.  Why did you think this?  And why "hopefully"?  Taking my 11th cruise since the restart next month on the Bliss to the Panama Canal.  Cruises cost money.  They are not cheap.  But there are ways to minimize costs.  And I can have just as much fun as you.  I can PROVE IT.........Not

11 minutes ago, pickle11 said:

I am not suggesting but you just did. 

Did what?

12 minutes ago, pickle11 said:

Why did you think this? 

Think what?

12 minutes ago, pickle11 said:

And I can have just as much fun as you.

Absolutely.  Everybody can have tremendous fun on a cruise.  Hopefully you're in the fun club with the rest of us over here on the sunny side of the street.😎  That said, we have ample evidence right here on CC of folks who seem to spend half their cruises just looking for stuff to B%&ch about.

We have cruised in a single cabin for four at least 15 times.  In fact, we have a cruise book for January in a balcony cabin on the Escape.  My "kids" are now 20 DD and 21 DS.  My only requirement when booking a quad cabin is to have a sofa bed and a pullman above for the kids/adults.  Otherwise, the layout is awful. Typically inside cabins are smaller and do not offer this layout.

Yes, it can be crowded, but we are low maintenance folks and everyone is in a better mood when on vacation. The guys frequently use the pubic restrooms and occasionally (depending on ship and cabin location) will shower in the gym locker room. It's not that we cannot afford two cabins, I am just frugal; 3rd & 4th guest sailing free or super-discounted is just too good to pass. We take many types of vacations a year.  We have an RV,  and last year 6 of us travelled across county in a 32' RV for 16 days. We visited 9 National Parks. I won't lie, there were times on that trip that I thought I could murder, but we had an amazing time and fun memories for a lifetime.   We have also traveled across country in a Amtrak sleeper.. now THAT is tooooo tight and we will not do that again.

Edited by mpcaruth
  • Like 1