Beatles show on Bliss

Jetswdo

2 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I plan to be pretty go with the flow on my maiden voyage on the Bliss … but I will be one of the annoying people forming a line way too early for the Beatles. 

That's a good plan!  We were on the Bliss in February (with less than 2,000 on board) and the line started at 6:15 every night!  We managed to see the show twice in the Cavern Club and also saw the theatre show once (on a 16 day cruise).  

• Like 3

On ours the one we say on day 2 was the psychadelic era. (Like Sgt Peppers) I know one of their other shows was Abby Lane. Would have liked to get back, but on a 5 day cruise there was too much to do and too little time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

but I will be one of the annoying people forming a line way too early for the Beatles. 

Get there early...on our recent Bliss cruise we got there before 7pm and there was standing room only!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I plan to be pretty go with the flow on my maiden voyage on the Bliss … but I will be one of the annoying people forming a line way too early for the Beatles. 

If you don't, you will never get in. We were on the Bliss in February of 2020 and the Cavern Club was the hottest ticket in town. We got shut out a few nights because we didn't queue up early enough.

• Like 2

We were on the same cruise as nhtravels, Beatles shows are always full. We never did make it to the Cavern Club in time to see the show inside so we sat out on the Waterfront area right outside the Cavern Club and watched them from the flat screen tv. I quite like that location, very enjoyable. We did see them the night they performed in the theater, outstanding show. 

• Like 3

Thanks for all the info.   So to get in to cavern club for each Beatles show,  do you need to line up an hour early?  Are any show times less crowded than others? ( Just trying to figure out restaurant reservation times)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jetswdo said:

Thanks for all the info.   So to get in to cavern club for each Beatles show,  do you need to line up an hour early?  Are any show times less crowded than others? ( Just trying to figure out restaurant reservation times)

In my experience yes, get there an hour early. There is a bar so you can have a drink while waiting. We would go down at 6pm and have cocktails in Maltings whisky bar next door. Once we saw people going in (there never was an actual line, people just went straight in) we left the bar and claimed our seats. All shows seemed to be crowded.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CaptainBazz said:

In my experience yes, get there an hour early. There is a bar so you can have a drink while waiting. We would go down at 6pm and have cocktails in Maltings whisky bar next door. Once we saw people going in (there never was an actual line, people just went straight in) we left the bar and claimed our seats. All shows seemed to be crowded.

You mentioned that once inside the Cavern there are drinks available at a bar. Any food/snacks offered?

Edited by New2cruise2022
Revised comment.
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

Do you have to stand in a line for all that time?  I remember on the Epic you had to go an hour early but you could sit down when you got there. 

On our last two cruises the doors opened about an hour before showtime and you could go in and sit down. There was a bar so you could get a drink. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2022 at 2:36 PM, CaptainBazz said:

No, not snacks, just drinks. You could probably bring something with you.

Please don't.   How many more places on a cruise ship do you need to eat at?

Edited by pickle11
  • Haha 1

Typically, the Beatles cover band has four shows:

1. Beatlemania ('62-66), in the Cavern Club

2. Sgt. Pepper / Magical Mystery Tour ('67), in the Cavern Club

3. Abbey Road, with a bit of the White Album and Let It Be ('68-69), in the Cavern Club

4. A theatre show with a bit of everything

We really enjoyed the shows on the Joy back in 2020, and they really pack 'em in. From the lines, you'd think NCL had booked the real Beatles!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

We really enjoyed the shows on the Joy back in 2020, and they really pack 'em in. From the lines, you'd think NCL had booked the real Beatles!

Just close your eyes and sing along.  Nice to be young again.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, pickle11 said:

Please don't.   How many more places on a cruise ship do you need to eat at?

Only asking because of a rare mitochondrial disease that impacts energy production and metabolic needs. Just a matter of planning ahead to maintain energy levels and avoid life-threatening seizures. Different needs for different people. 

But I understand where you are coming from. I absolutely wish it wasn’t a consideration for our family and we could just go with flow regarding meals and food like most people. 

Edited by New2cruise2022
Addition

3 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Only asking because of a rare mitochondrial disease that impacts energy production and metabolic needs. Just a matter of planning ahead to maintain energy levels and avoid life-threatening seizures. Different needs for different people. 

But I understand where you are coming from. I absolutely wish it wasn’t a consideration for our family and we could just go with flow regarding meals and food like most people. 

I understand.  We all have different needs.  I apologize.