Encore Mar 5-12, Great Stirrup Cay cancelled, replaced with Nassau

MichelleLP

I just received an e-mail stating that the stop for Great Stirrup Cay has been cancelled for our Mar 5-12, 2023 Encore cruise out of Miami. The port has been replace by Nassau. I'm quite disappointed that the private island day has been cancelled, we have cruised there before an enjoyed it very much. Does anyone know why NCL would have dropped this port of call?

It might be because the Prima is also scheduled to be at GSC on the same day as the Encore. GSC is a tender port and its always better if there is only one ship tendering

Considering the Prima is a newer ship, that ship gets the prefer slot for arriving at the island with the encore unfortunately drawing the short straw. no idea on why it took NCL this long to notice this schedule conflict

Omg we are all so upset. Same thing happened to us for Feb 19 sailing on encore. We were supposed to stop at GSC on day 2, that was cancelled and we go to Nassau on our last day. Everything got moved around. We were looking forward to our villas in silver cove and now nothing! Nassau doesn’t not excite me at all. 

Yes, it's very disappointing. One of the reasons I booked this cruise was because it stopped at GSC. To get this news the day before final payment was due was also annoying. We're meeting up with other family members on this cruise so we don't really have the flexibility to rebook.

What is the best website to look up cruises in port. I've used two different ones but getting different data. We are on Encore 3/26/23 and wondering if Prima in port same day for GSC and we are likely to get changed too! The GSC day is the first day 3/27/23. 

I have just seen on NCL website that 3/26/23 is not cancelling GSC but instead switching the order of the ports. Original Miami, GSC, Sea, St Thomas, Tortolo, Puerto Plata Sea. New Miami, Sea, Puerto Plata, St Thomas, Tortolo, Sea, GSC. It looks llike St Thomas and Tortolo are on the same days. I expect my booked excursions will be fine, but what about booked for GSC - will those transfer. The App has not updated this schedule change yet. 

2 hours ago, Frogger22 said:

What is the best website to look up cruises in port. I've used two different ones but getting different data. We are on Encore 3/26/23 and wondering if Prima in port same day for GSC and we are likely to get changed too! The GSC day is the first day 3/27/23. 

i use https://www.cruisetimetables.com/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frogger22 said:

I have just seen on NCL website that 3/26/23 is not cancelling GSC but instead switching the order of the ports. Original Miami, GSC, Sea, St Thomas, Tortolo, Puerto Plata Sea. New Miami, Sea, Puerto Plata, St Thomas, Tortolo, Sea, GSC. It looks llike St Thomas and Tortolo are on the same days. I expect my booked excursions will be fine, but what about booked for GSC - will those transfer. The App has not updated this schedule change yet. 

We are on that cruise with you…

May I ask where you saw the itinerary change? I noticed this same change on a port schedule website back in July, but didn’t know how accurate it was. I’m curious if NCL is now reflecting the change 

1 hour ago, Kenlorz said:

We are on that cruise with you…

May I ask where you saw the itinerary change? I noticed this same change on a port schedule website back in July, but didn’t know how accurate it was. I’m curious if NCL is now reflecting the change 

Yes, I noticed it when I went to check our cruise to see if the price was lowered due to the new 50% off perk (it was not for the Club Balcony - same price!!). The main page lists our normal itinerary. When I proceeded to try to book it, a pop up came up that said the new changes. 

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Post pandemic, we are 0 for 3 getting to GSC due to wind and seas. They are always mean and stop for a moment so you can see the island before going back out to sea. 

Ouch.  I'm one for two with GSC, but always hope for the best.  IMHO it is the best part of a Caribbean cruise.  I have two more booked currently, both with booked Ocean Villas.  We can simply wait and hope.

• Like 1

I received the same email for our Feb 19 sailing on Encore. GSC was one of the main reasons for us booking this cruise as we really enjoyed Harvest Cay on our first NCL cruise 2 years ago. I called NCL to change to the Prima sailing same day from Port Canaveral, as it does go the GSC. I was told that since I was within 120 days of sailing that there would be a $1000.00 charge to make this change. Said that I thought NCL would work with me since their change is what was prompting my request and was told sorry.

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2022 at 5:48 PM, MichelleLP said:

I just received an e-mail stating that the stop for Great Stirrup Cay has been cancelled for our Mar 5-12, 2023 Encore cruise out of Miami. The port has been replace by Nassau. I'm quite disappointed that the private island day has been cancelled, we have cruised there before an enjoyed it very much. Does anyone know why NCL would have dropped this port of call?

My husband and I were pretty upset too. This will be our first cruise and GSC was one of the reasons we booked this one.

• Like 1