Retreat Cabanas on NS

KenNBarbie

We've got our cabana reserved,  now just researching all the details. The list of provided services is fairly clear, what's not is:

Access control;

Off hours use (given open 9-6 );

Spa tub size, towels, hours;

Electric outlets availability;

View of big screen from aft facing cabanas.

Thanks for your insights.

24 minutes ago, KenNBarbie said:

Access control;

The unwashed can access the cabana area but they are shooed by the crew if they did not pay (firsthand experience checking it out).  At the Retreat area, there is a sign to that effect. 

I've never used one but I think it is apparent that you have to pay to use and only the owner will use it.  So I doubt there is any type of "access device/key".

Other pros will chime in....Enjoy the cabana and the 'dam ship!

Edited by FlaMariner

There is a big thread on cabanas just down the board.

Access control is done by the cabana attendants, and they are very good about knowing who is allowed. Off hours use is without any services,  and may be affected by cleaning. Very rarely an event is held there that is not related to the cabana operation. Electrical plugs are very limited. You can't see the big screen. It is on the forward wall of the pool area, sort of below your feet in the cabanas.

They have tons of towels there. Otherwise I don't know anything about the hot tub use or operation. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

The unwashed can access the cabana area but they are shooed by the crew if they did not pay (firsthand experience checking it out).  At the Retreat area, there is a sign to that effect. 

I've never used one but I think it is apparent that you have to pay to use and only the owner will use it.  So I doubt there is any type of "access device/key".

Other pros will chime in....Enjoy the cabana and the 'dam ship!

What would be the point of paying for this if anyone could sit in this area?  All that said I’ve seen many squatters over the years in the area.  The stewards remind them this is a paid area.  Some argue with them.  One set of dudes kept coming back multiple times a day parking themselves in the family cabana which happened to be open on that cruise.  It’s like me trying to get in and park my butt in the Neptune lounge and refusing to leave.  I’m an adult and realize I didn’t pay for it and don’t belong in there.  I’m not the least bit bitter about that because I didn’t pay for it.

21 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’m not the least bit bitter about that because I didn’t pay for it.

Not bitter here about being shooed out......And totally understood why and support my shooing out...LOL.

We walked thru to check it out during embarkation and the crew guy explained how it worked and that it was only for those that paid, etc....And that we might want to proceed up to the sun deck where it is free.

All good!

25 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

All that said I’ve seen many squatters over the years in the area.

Same happens in Thermal Suite with the card access door....I consider it my duty to not allow piggybacks when I enter........LOL....Sometimes the spa ladies have to sit at the door and shoo the unwashed from entering.....

• Haha 1