Shore Excursion Covid Testing ?

hammo

We are cruising to Adelaide and Kangaroo Island on Grand Princess in January --- I have read that it may be required  to covid test before and after going ashore ? Is this the case ? Just wondering how this could be done for such a large number and timing if this was neccessary. ?

Pax on the current Coral Princess circumnavigation cruise were required to do a RAT test before disembarking at ports on the route.  But to my knowledge not after.  That is why so many positive cases were detected.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hammo said:

We are cruising to Adelaide and Kangaroo Island on Grand Princess in January --- I have read that it may be required  to covid test before and after going ashore ? Is this the case ? Just wondering how this could be done for such a large number and timing if this was neccessary. ?

It is only required when there are elevated levels of covid on the ship, and similar to all the other states when a ship is at tier 2 or above.

It is handled via your cabin steward, so that speeds things up. There is an allocated time when everyone returns to cabin to do the supplied RAT. Those that are negative show the strip to their steward, and are marked as OK to leave their cabin and to go ashore. Those returning positives ring the medical centre and remain in cabin.

As for after going ashore, this would only be for random testing by SA authorities.

• Like 1