Does Carnival Pride have USB ports on TVs?

Normie22

I will be cruising with my hubby on the Pride within the next year and was wondering if the TVs had an available USB port to be able to bring a few movies to plug in for the occasional laid back afternoon or if we get rained out for a day. Anyone know or have done this?

We just always bring at least our 12.5" Chromebook or our 16" LG Gram laptop with us. We don't pay for wifi (overpriced and generally REALLY POOR). We just pre-download a few shows from Netflix & Amazon Prime. Then we just snuggle really close and watch a show if we want. However - sometimes it might take us MULTIPLE attempts to complete watching a show because other things happen (due to the snuggling). We've only been married since 1992 (met in 1989) so I'm sure everyone understands how these things seem to happen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I am not sure, but I know my husband hooked up my Kids' video games someway to the tv when we were on the Pride. 

6 hours ago, Normie22 said:

I will be cruising with my hubby on the Pride within the next year and was wondering if the TVs had an available USB port to be able to bring a few movies to plug in for the occasional laid back afternoon or if we get rained out for a day. Anyone know or have done this?

Hi 🙂

I have been hooking up a laptop, portable cd players & games to cabin televisions on Carnival, Royal & Princess for quite sometime now. 

I use an HDMI cable to connect to the television & laptop/cd player or game console. Most stateroom televisions on cruise ships pull out slightly if the HDMI outlet can't be reached behind, or on the side of the television.

(Most Important Is The Remote Control)

Since the (Input Button) is deactivated on cruise ship tv remote controls, I simply bring a universal remote to (change/access the input) to the desired input needed. 

There are many YouTube videos online that show exactly how to do it. Very, very, easy. Just need a universal remote control and a HDMI cable. 

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi 🙂

I have been hooking up a laptop, portable cd players & games to cabin televisions on Carnival, Royal & Princess for quite sometime now. 

I use an HDMI cable to connect to the television & laptop/cd player or game console. Most stateroom televisions on cruise ships pull out slightly if the HDMI outlet can't be reached behind, or on the side of the television.

(Most Important Is The Remote Control)

Since the (Input Button) is deactivated on cruise ship tv remote controls, I simply bring a universal remote to (change/access the input) to the desired input needed. 

There are many YouTube videos online that show exactly how to do it. Very, very, easy. Just need a universal remote control and a HDMI cable. 

Yes, its the Input Button/Source Button on cruise ship Remote Controls that are deactivated. Nothing is deactivated on the televisions themselves. You're right, very easy peasy, its all about the remote control, Bring your own. Change the input.

I have done the same to play movies. Hdmi cable from my cd player on my laptop hooked up to the television. 

TIP --- In regards to Carnival, I've noticed a regular $8.99 Samsung Remote will change the Source/Input on Carnival televisions.

71-Zt-BUHn44-L.jpg

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, PortSideCruzan said:

🌴

Just be sure to put everything back the way it was before you debark, it would be unfair to your cabin steward to make them waste time fixing that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Just be sure to put everything back the way it was before you debark, it would be unfair to your cabin steward to make them waste time fixing that.

Put (everything) back the way it was before. Mmmmmmm..... ok, thanks for the reminder, LOL!

1) Change input back to ship tv channels by pressing input button once on my own remote control. Then pack my remote in suitcase/carry-on.

2) Unplug hdmi cable & pack in suitcase/carry-on.

Gotcha.... Thanks!!

🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 11:17 AM, ObstructedView2 said:

Put (everything) back the way it was before. Mmmmmmm..... ok, thanks for the reminder, LOL!

1) Change input back to ship tv channels by pressing input button once on my own remote control. Then pack my remote in suitcase/carry-on.

2) Unplug hdmi cable & pack in suitcase/carry-on.

Gotcha.... Thanks!!

🤪 🤪 🤪 🤪

Was it hard to reach behind the tv to plug in the HDMI cable