Anyone on Sirena now?

sbcs5390

58 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Term J  is  a building & upstairs there are some hard chairs  & washroom  & the check in counters  it has A/C

The big BUT is  sometimes they will not allow people in the building until their  ready so you are stuck outside  in the heat

A word of advice on the IC  the check out line  can be long early morning

I would  ditch the Grump & go sit by the pool  until check out time

If you think he would be  bad sitting in the lobby of the hotel  he will be worse sitting in the port building

I know from experience 😉

Sounds like we have similar husbands 😉 Good advice, thank you 😄

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

This is all very interesting but so far no one has been able to answer the OP’s query. Apart, I suppose, from the general comment that there are supply issues everywhere.

Got off the Sirena on 11/4 in Barcelona before the ship departed for the TA to Miami. There were supply shortages at the time, and since BCN is not a major resupply port for O/NCL, I’m sure those issues continued on for the TA.

Miami is the major resupply hub for the entire fleet. Time will tell on how they do restocking various supplies there. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pinotlover said:

If you show up early, or during early boarding at the dock, don’t come crying over the results of your personal decision.

We arrived at the Sirena at 3:00 pm in Bilboa to find one couple ahead of us in line. An easy 5 minute check in and off to an awaiting ready cabin. Some of the decks hadn’t been called even at 3:00 however. 

Your decision, your choice.

Somewhat - except in these circumstances we used O air and O transfers - O assigned the flight and will transfer us at the time they choose from MIA. So, we aren't exactly the ones making the choices, although it's true we consented to not having that control when we agreed to let them handle it. 

2 hours ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

This is all very interesting but so far no one has been able to answer the OP’s query. Apart, I suppose, from the general comment that there are supply issues everywhere.

I think supply issues all over is the comprehensive answer to hope for atm. 

• Thanks 1

Our check-in time on 11/18 is 11:30 am. We will be prepared for any issues that delay boarding. The boarding of the last two cruises we took, on HAL and Celebrity, were the simplest and most streamlined I've ever encountered (way better than before Covid), but those ships were not completely full (the Holland-America ship was nearly full though, last April) and they were not turnovers from TA crossings. They also both docked in Port Everglades, not Miami. If that makes a difference.

51 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Our check-in time on 11/18 is 11:30 am. We will be prepared for any issues that delay boarding. The boarding of the last two cruises we took, on HAL and Celebrity, were the simplest and most streamlined I've ever encountered (way better than before Covid), but those ships were not completely full (the Holland-America ship was nearly full though, last April) and they were not turnovers from TA crossings. They also both docked in Port Everglades, not Miami. If that makes a difference.

It is usually when the ships come from overseas the first  stop  in the USA  as they need to have their Inspections done

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/default.htm

It takes a bit longer than normal turnaround days

16 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Got off the Sirena on 11/4 in Barcelona before the ship departed for the TA to Miami. There were supply shortages at the time, and since BCN is not a major resupply port for O/NCL, I’m sure those issues continued on for the TA.

Miami is the major resupply hub for the entire fleet. Time will tell on how they do restocking various supplies there. 

Not sure what supply issues there were. We didn't see anything except NY corned beef. Chef was amazing, fish soups and stews unbelievable. 

• Like 1

We were on Sirena 10/25 - 11/4 and were not aware of any supply issues. There was nothing on the menus that we were told was unavailable.  The food was excellent. 

The only thing that was not on the ship that I was aware of were the tote bags but that has been an ongoing issue on all the ships. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

We were on Sirena 10/25 - 11/4 and were not aware of any supply issues. There was nothing on the menus that we were told was unavailable.  The food was excellent. 

The only thing that was not on the ship that I was aware of were the tote bags but that has been an ongoing issue on all the ships. 

Did you get a substitute amenity for the tote bags? I am due to receive one on my Marina cruise in december as I move from blue to bronze.

3 hours ago, susiesan said:

Did you get a substitute amenity for the tote bags? I am due to receive one on my Marina cruise in december as I move from blue to bronze.

The tote bags that are in short supply are the blue totes everyone in Concierge and above receives.  these are different than the loyalty amenity received when you move up a level.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, samiam0403 said:

For those boarding next week, just got the email that boarding on Sirena on the 18th is delayed an hour until noon due to a mandatory Coast Guard inspection. 

As expected and forewarned. Boardamania will be fun to watch on this one. People will still show up at 09:00-09:30. 🤪

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

As expected and forewarned. Boardamania will be fun to watch on this one. People will still show up at 09:00-09:30. 🤪

Yep! I plan on a late checkout and a leisurely trip to the port. If I have to wait, I've got plenty of books on my Kindle to occupy my time. When I'm not people watching, of course. 🤣

Will be interesting to see how many people eventually board that day.

Has O left rooms vacant due to potential COVID needs? The change to the single rooms, should reduce max capacity a bit, too. And O was trying to get people to change their reservations from this cruise for the identical 2023 cruises on Riviera.

3 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Will be interesting to see how many people eventually board that day.

Has O left rooms vacant due to potential COVID needs? The change to the single rooms, should reduce max capacity a bit, too. And O was trying to get people to change their reservations from this cruise for the identical 2023 cruises on Riviera.

Might be a few rooms reserved, but not many. On our cruise, those with Covid quarantined in their cabin.

Our final night’s dinner was with a couple just released from Covid prison in a standard veranda. They talked about how small that cabin became during quarantine, but praised the Lord they weren’t booked in an inside cabin serving their quarantine therein! Makes one think.

The 11/18 - 11/28 cruise on Sirena is scheduled to arrive in Miami on 11/28 at 7 am. What time do they usually began disembarking? We will be carrying all of our luggage off with us, which on most cruise lines is the first group allowed to disembark. (Our first Oceania cruise!)

We are onboard the Sirena now and have no complaints. Well, maybe that blackjack has not been kind to me. 🤣 I haven’t noticed any major supply chain issues that have affected us. We are in a concierge cabin, and there is no blue bag, but we have some at home already. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thespiritmovesme said:

We will be playing Left, Right, Center for quarters in the Game Room @ 0930 Nov. 11. Come join us & your luck might be better.

Might just have to do that. Nowhere to go but up on the luck. Thanks!!

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

The 11/18 - 11/28 cruise on Sirena is scheduled to arrive in Miami on 11/28 at 7 am. What time do they usually began disembarking? We will be carrying all of our luggage off with us, which on most cruise lines is the first group allowed to disembark. (Our first Oceania cruise!)

When immigration is finished   but feel free to line up at the exit doors usually deck 4  with bags in tow

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

When immigration is finished   but feel free to line up at the exit doors usually deck 4  with bags in tow

You exit the ship prior to going through immigration, right? I'm just asking the typical Oceania schedule for passengers to leave the ship. Does it start at 7:30? 8:00? Assuming the ship arrives at 7:00 as scheduled. (And I'm not talking about disembarking from a transatlantic. I'll be on a closed-loop Miami-Miami Caribbean cruise.)

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

You exit the ship prior to going through immigration, right? I'm just asking the typical Oceania schedule for passengers to leave the ship. Does it start at 7:30? 8:00? Assuming the ship arrives at 7:00 as scheduled. (And I'm not talking about disembarking from a transatlantic. I'll be on a closed-loop Miami-Miami Caribbean cruise.)

Immigration is also for the crew while they are still onboard

In the past  we have had the officials come on board  Non US residents had to do  a F2F    then crew  then people could disembark

they probably have  stopped doing that  now

I would plan for 8am but you may be off earlier

It depends on the shore side Officials

• Thanks 1