Opening Schedule

CHEZMARYLOU

My guess is that they can do this however I wouldn't be surprised that they will honor the mistaken cruise fare for those that politely but firmly stick to their guns.   This is where a travel agent who directs business to the cruise line could have some clout (if one was involved here).  As a last resort, you should be able to negotiate something in exchange for giving up the mis-priced booking since the cruise line wants to salvage what little customer satisfaction is left at that point.

https://consumerrescue.org/cruise-fiascos/cruise-line-mistake-pricing-error/

Edited by mahdnc

On 12/17/2022 at 10:26 AM, mac_tlc said:

If I hadn't stumbled onto the lower price, I would not book it at current pricing. The CS on the Ascent Fall 2024 TA is currently $40,288 for two ! WOW !!!

mac_tlc

The price we see currently on the Celebrity Suite for October 26,2024 is $23,128.52 for two persons. That is pretty high, but not $40K plus.  😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

Well I got a call from Celebrity today and the representative started to tell me about a pricing mistake and how they can't honor that price that I booked at, but they have several options available to me blah blah blah...

I cut him off and said I have a confirmed reservation that has been transferred to a Travel Agent and I have confirmation of that process being completed so if he has anything to discuss about my reservation he needs to call the TA, but I expect them to honor the reservation and price as it is currently.  I then called my TA and told him what happened and said I'm looking forward to that trip and plan to go at the price they published.  We'll see what happens.

Anyone else get a call like that for this trip?

Got the same call. Offered us an inside cabin. I told them check my history we have never booked an inside cabin. Emailed Lisa L office. Got a call in 15 minutes. The higher ups had a meeting today and there are no options but paying the price or inside cabin. I let her know how disappointed we are in Celebrity. Told her we sailed on the last ship before the shut down and one of the first after. We’ve been loyal. We have 4 cruises booked and I let her know we will have to think about what we are going to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cbfb said:

Got the same call. Offered us an inside cabin. I told them check my history we have never booked an inside cabin. Emailed Lisa L office. Got a call in 15 minutes. The higher ups had a meeting today and there are no options but paying the price or inside cabin. I let her know how disappointed we are in Celebrity. Told her we sailed on the last ship before the shut down and one of the first after. We’ve been loyal. We have 4 cruises booked and I let her know we will have to think about what we are going to do. 

Thanks for the info.  This will be an ongoing saga I'm sure.  Stay strong people.  I just got off the phone with Celebrity to add the 2nd & 3rd passenger names to this Silhouette cruise (really I was seeing whether the booking was still valid).  Rep got into the booking and updated names no problem.

Before calling, I noticed that they had a pricing error on top of the pricing error.  The invoice they sent while we were on the phone showed a charge instead of a credit for the second and third passengers basic wifi all included code resulting in a $282 increase versus what I booked it at originally and was shown on the original confirmation.  The rep was able to get that corrected.  Anyone else see a slight increase in price listed in your "Manage Reservation" page versus the original confirmation?

I was surprised that there wasn't a hold on the reservation or something along those lines that would have prevented the reps from servicing the reservation.  For now, I'll wait for a call from them before doing anything.  Until then, mum's the word.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2022 at 9:09 AM, mahdnc said:

Nice! Mazatlan will be a great place from which to view the eclipse. 

When Jubilee called on Mazatlan on Jul 11 1991, passenger representatives during the cruise were able to persuade Captain Gallo to deviate from the ship’s published docking schedule so that we could watch the eclipse from sea on a mobile platform that could seek out a sunny spot and evade cloud cover.  To make every passenger happy, he actually docked at Mazatlan twice. Once in the morning and a second time later in the afternoon!

I was on that sailing, and I really appreciated the efforts put forward on this so we could see the eclipse. I'm booked on the Discovery Princess for the 24 eclipse and am hoping Princess will step up and do likewise.

11 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I was on that sailing, and I really appreciated the efforts put forward on this so we could see the eclipse. I'm booked on the Discovery Princess for the 24 eclipse and am hoping Princess will step up and do likewise.

Awesome.  You are right--the efforts to change the itinerary are very much appreciated.  I have been watching with great interest your roll call and there appears to be a great deal of effort also being made (actually more aggressive).

My wife and I elected not to book a cruise to watch next year's eclipse this time.  We will be in the USA on terra firma (maybe Texas).  I am planning on photographing the eclipse and this time I need a stable platform from which to use my camera with its long telephoto lens and slow shutter speeds.  Also I am planning on taking my family and perhaps friends and so it is more practical to plan this as a land vacation.  

I wish for you smooth seas and clear skies on eclipse day!

• Like 2