Hurricane Nicole and Princess Cay

voljeep

I am wondering the same thing I am booked on Sky for this Saturday. My flight from Portland Oregon to Fort Lauderdale was canceled this morning when I was at the airport. Can’t get a flight to FLL from Oregon until Friday, arriving 7:30 pm, this is cutting it close. My friend who I am cruising with went through Seattle and he will get there today without me. Hopefully, I will make it in time for ship. Best of luck to everyone traveling to Florida today. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Radams503 said:

I am wondering the same thing I am booked on Sky for this Saturday. My flight from Portland Oregon to Fort Lauderdale was canceled this morning when I was at the airport. Can’t get a flight to FLL from Oregon until Friday, arriving 7:30 pm, this is cutting it close. My friend who I am cruising with went through Seattle and he will get there today without me. Hopefully, I will make it in time for ship. Best of luck to everyone traveling to Florida today. 

Hopefully your friend's flight is able to land. Loads and loads of cancellations and delays at FLL and MIA today... 

By Saturday, no problems, long long gone out of the area.  Currently just heavy rains and some storm surge in the Ft Lauderdale area. Not too much wind as yet 

Princess Cay is relatively south of the main impact areas in the Bahamas, whatever damages it may sustain will be cleaned up and repaired by the weekend.. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Radams503 said:

Can you do a connection, and stay overnight at the layover airport area?

Many years ago, we were joining a ship in Cancun... 

Flight was Boston, Houston Hobby, Cancun.

There was a blizzard poised to arrive in boston, right at our departure time.

Called the airline, got on the next flight to houston.   Found a hotel

(at my expense) then flew onward the next morning.

It was part of a tour group, the people who stayed with the group joined the ship

a few days later...

(but they did have a tour conductor to comiserate with them)

The only problem was that it was during a rodeo in Houston, and we had to drive

a ways to find a hotel room.

If I were you, I would try to fly to atlanta, or memphis, etc.  as soon as possible.,

Then, just a short flight onward on Friday night / Saturday morning.

Edited by Roberto256

The storm is now over us in the Tampa Bay area. Look for other flight options but you should have no problem with a flight arriving the night before. We actually fly from here the night before and don't worry about it. We get in about the same time of night as you will for your cruise. Enjoy!

• Like 1