Discovery Princess production shows, days and times 1/14/23 sailing.

mike1simi

My family has booked 6 cabins on the 1/14/23, 7 day - Discovery Princess ship to Mexico.  We are trying to plan our dining schedule so as not to conflict with the Main Showroom entertainment.  We know there is a show every night, but certain shows are more interesting to us.   Mostly big production numbers.  Has anyone sailed recently, and can recommend the best show days and times, to be sure and not miss?

Thank you very much,

Mike 

I was on Discovery in Alaska in July, and they had Spotlight and Rock Opera. We were at near-full capacity, and both early and late shows for both productions were at capacity seating, with the usual conflicts of people saving seats despite the no-saving announcements. I arrived half an hour early to Rock Opera to get a seat, with people around me constantly moving about and people trying to get saved seats. The end result was I got Covid there most likely, according to a contact tracing app on my phone, but it was fortunately on the final sea day so I was able to get home before symptoms set in. I'll be on Discovery next week, so if the theaters are full I probably won't try to tempt fate again. 

On 11/10/2022 at 11:52 AM, mike1simi said:

•  
  • 18 hours ago
  • Ventura County California

My family has booked 6 cabins on the 1/14/23, 7 day - Discovery Princess ship to Mexico.  We are trying to plan our dining schedule so as not to conflict with the Main Showroom entertainment.  We know there is a show every night, but certain shows are more interesting to us.   Mostly big production numbers.  Has anyone sailed recently, and can recommend the best show days and times, to be sure and not miss?

Thank you very much,

Mike 

On 11/10/2022 at 6:01 PM, Ombud said:

You will have 2 of these 3. My favorites were Rock Opera & 5 Skies, but Spotlight Bar was good too20220913_120101.thumb.jpg.b79eefb88c17cc6d4b92c5c1474a0159.jpg

Thank you so much for this information.  Do you happen to know on the 7 night Discovery Princess cruise which nights the production shows are offered?  Thanks!

On 11/10/2022 at 6:45 PM, rj59 said:

I was on Discovery in Alaska in July, and they had Spotlight and Rock Opera. We were at near-full capacity, and both early and late shows for both productions were at capacity seating, with the usual conflicts of people saving seats despite the no-saving announcements. I arrived half an hour early to Rock Opera to get a seat, with people around me constantly moving about and people trying to get saved seats. The end result was I got Covid there most likely, according to a contact tracing app on my phone, but it was fortunately on the final sea day so I was able to get home before symptoms set in. I'll be on Discovery next week, so if the theaters are full I probably won't try to tempt fate again. 

Thank you so much for this information.  Do you happen to remember which nights on your Alaska cruise had the productions shows?  Like night 2,3, 4 etc.  Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

1 show is definitely on the 2nd night 

Definitely probably.  A couple times we have made an effort to get to a show I wanted to see, only to have it postponed due to stage technical issues or choppy sea making it too dangerous for the performers.

12 hours ago, donswife said:

Definitely probably.  A couple times we have made an effort to get to a show I wanted to see, only to have it postponed due to stage technical issues or choppy sea making it too dangerous for the performers.

Thank you so much, appreciate your response 

1 hour ago, avonlady6390 said:

I was on the discovery last month if I remember rock opera was on Sunday and spotlight bar on Friday with 7:30 and 9:30 times the other nights were filled with a comedian and soloists.

Thank you so much, appreciate your response 

•  
  • 18 hours ago

•  

Thank you very much,

Mike 

Hi Neighbor!

I will be on Discovery in two weeks. They do sometimes switch the days of the shows around but I'll report back on which days were which shows. Just keep in mind, that could change.

You will love the Discovery, she's a beautiful ship with great staff. This will be my 2nd time sailing her.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:31 AM, tonit964 said:

Hi Neighbor!

I will be on Discovery in two weeks. They do sometimes switch the days of the shows around but I'll report back on which days were which shows. Just keep in mind, that could change.

You will love the Discovery, she's a beautiful ship with great staff. This will be my 2nd time sailing her.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:31 AM, tonit964 said:

Hi Neighbor!

Thank you so much, look forward to hearing back from you.  Have a great trip.

As you can probably surmise from the replies given above, you may have a bit of trouble trying to absolutely nail down a combination of dinner reservations along with shows.  Your best bet is to just set a dinner reservation time that will allow you to get to whichever showtime you prefer.  Since you really can't know for absolute certainty about which shows are on which nights....perhaps just set aside the same time for dinner each night.

Thank you.  It is usually that way on most cruises but this is our first on Princess so I wasn't sure what to expect.  I notice that they are showing House of Gucci one night for the movies under the stars.  I am guessing it is edited.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 6:04 PM, jp2746 said:

Is the comedian clean or "kid friendly"?   My son is 16 but would not want to go if it is adult themed.

The comedians on board rotate out every week. The one we had on my current sailing is very clean and is hilarious but he disembarked on our day in Cabo, they’ll be a different one on next cruise I’m sure.

•  
  • 18 hours ago

Thank you very much,

Mike 

I’m on the Discovery now and there is only two production shows on this sailing. They are at 7:30 & 9:30.

Rock Opera on Sunday 11/27, and tonight 11/29.

Spotlight Bar is only on Friday, 12/2.

The other nights are comedians, illusionists and some other singer.

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

I’m on the Discovery now and there is only two production shows on this sailing. They are at 7:30 & 9:30.

Rock Opera on Sunday 11/27, and tonight 11/29.

Spotlight Bar is only on Friday, 12/2.

The other nights are comedians, illusionists and some other singer.

And the shows reverse every week.  Next week, they'll have Spotlight Bar first, then Rock Opera so they have back to back same shows (elaborate setup), also they fly in the tenor for Rock Opera to stay a couple days. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

And the shows reverse every week.  Next week, they'll have Spotlight Bar first, then Rock Opera so they have back to back same shows (elaborate setup), also they fly in the tenor for Rock Opera to stay a couple days. 

Oh, good to know. I guess I should book a B2B so I’m aware of these things. 😁

Did you see Rock Opera? Deciding whether it’s worth checking out.

You can see which nights and at what time shows are scheduled. In the Journey View Activities timeline in the app. I’ve seen it populate as much as a couple of months before a cruise

Edited by Torfamm

8 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Oh, good to know. I guess I should book a B2B so I’m aware of these things. 😁

Did you see Rock Opera? Deciding whether it’s worth checking out.

We've seen Rock Opera on 2 different ships and it's one of the best Princess productions we have seen.  5 Skies also great, but not on Discovery.

• Like 1