How to status match with another loyalty program to get status with VV

misguy

Go to the VV web site and click on loyalty.  There you will find three ways to get "Deep blue extras," so you click on status match.  That will take you to a page where you submit proof of your status on another cruise line or even some airlines--there is a list of what you can use.  I did a screen shot of my dashboard from the other line's loyalty program and uploaded it to the VV site.  If you have a cruise booked with VV, you also enter the reservation number.  In a few days, you'll get an email that either says your Deep Blue Extras have been added to your reservation or that you qualify for the match and encouraging you to make a reservation.  Totally simple, and we did enjoy the perks on our recent cruise.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 11/12/2022 at 4:48 PM, cantgetin said:

Go to the VV web site and click on loyalty.  There you will find three ways to get "Deep blue extras," so you click on status match.  That will take you to a page where you submit proof of your status on another cruise line or even some airlines--there is a list of what you can use.  I did a screen shot of my dashboard from the other line's loyalty program and uploaded it to the VV site.  If you have a cruise booked with VV, you also enter the reservation number.  In a few days, you'll get an email that either says your Deep Blue Extras have been added to your reservation or that you qualify for the match and encouraging you to make a reservation.  Totally simple, and we did enjoy the perks on our recent cruise.

I am unable to locate on teh VV Website any info on a Loyalty program.  The only options are "onboard" "Cabins", "Destinations" and "our ships".  Nothing on the bottom footer either.  Perhaps they discontinued?

image.thumb.png.bd1c9acbc8db9273e0decbf60a281528.png

BTW, I just received an email that mine was accepted (less than 24 hours after I submitted):

Thank you for submitting your Loyalty Proof of Status Form. 

Congratulations on securing that sweet Sea-Rover status for sailing in 2022 – which we’ve already added to your account. However, our new Deep Blue Perks are only applicable to sailings within 2022. 

As a Sea-Rover, you can unlock these perks by booking a third voyage within 2022. Deep Blue Extras will then be added automatically to your voyage, plus you’ll open access to the perks associated with our Red Hot Booking Bonus Months. 

Outside of this, as a Sea-Rover, you’ll get a $100 bonus for Bar Tab purchases through 2024.

I can't actually see my status or anything about the loyalty club in my account, but I did find $200 in sailor loot in my account for my upcoming booking, presumably my bonus for booking during a Red Hot Booking month as a Sea-Rover.

• Like 1

I was able to status match with my Platinum on NCL.  I have two VV cruises booked, one in December and one in February.  Got the Deep Blue Extras for the December sailing, but not the February one.  As said above, the match is only good for 2022 sailings.  I’m truly hoping they extend that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kchiumento said:

I am only Gold with NCL.  It looks like VV only matches on Sapphire and above.

They match for Platinum and above.  But again only for 2022 sailings.  I’m really hoping they extend that.  Will be a while before I can gain status on Virgin in its own right.  It will be tough having one sailing with the perks and then lose them for two more sailings. 

1 hour ago, kchiumento said:

I am only Gold with NCL.  It looks like VV only matches on Sapphire and above.

Try it anyway. They supposedly only match Elite and above for Celebrity, but I tried using my Select status and it was accepted. I put in Elite on the dropdown menu, but my uploaded screenshot of my card showed Select.

No one really knows what VV is doing with their status program in 2023 beyond the info that 2 voyages in 2022 gets you a $100 bar tab bonus for 2 years.  It looks like the program will be based on how much you've spent on cruises as well as on the ship., but no real info has been released.

• 2 weeks later...

I can say that we have used the early boarding, you get the 1:30 time slot, but you have to ask, we have gotten the premium internet, fresh squeezed juice, they have a party on the perch for members,  we will shake for the champagne but haven't, and I need to check because you are supposed to get $10 per day for coffee, but that hasn't been credited yet.

Note--it isn't $10 per day for coffee, it is $10 per cabin per day at The Grounds Club--can be used for any beverage there (coffee, tea, those with alcohol).THey charge your cabin and then delete the charge about 24 hours later...at least that's the way it was in October.

On 12/9/2022 at 5:40 PM, misguy said:

I can say that we have used the early boarding, you get the 1:30 time slot, but you have to ask, we have gotten the premium internet, fresh squeezed juice, they have a party on the perch for members,  we will shake for the champagne but haven't, and I need to check because you are supposed to get $10 per day for coffee, but that hasn't been credited yet.

Going in 15 days and have the deep blue extras so I wanted to know how you got connected to the premium wifi?

thanks

Everything included on Deep Blue is initially charged and then removed.  We had no difficulty with the removal, although I've read of people needing to go to Sailor Services.  I went down the first time and they said that if a charge persisted more than 48 hours or a charge in the last day was not removed by embarkation morning, to stop by again.  It all worked out fine.

• Thanks 1

They just added the deep blue extras to my January cruise. Minus the Moët champagne this time. I cruised in November, and the rep said it was only for 2022, but i used the link and it was added. i dont see the $100 drink credit yet. 

3 hours ago, wesport said:

They just added the deep blue extras to my January cruise. Minus the Moët champagne this time. I cruised in November, and the rep said it was only for 2022, but i used the link and it was added. i dont see the $100 drink credit yet. 

yep, the perks were officially extended unitl the end of 1Q23.  my guess is they're still in data gathering mode now that the ships are at higher pax loads and trying to see what perks people actually use.

i see the deep blue extras in my jan/feb voyages too.  i don't think the $100 bar tab will show up in the app until after boarding (when the rest of that kind of stuff pops up).  we never had the moet listed as a separate item, it was always just taken off after the fact.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, surfone said:

we cruise next month, I emailed and received confirmation that our loyalty match was received.  I don't see anywhere in my booking that deep blue extras is added.  Does it show up after we board?

It’s under add ons in your reservation

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wesport said:

It’s under add ons in your reservation

If you don't see it under "add ons," call Sailor Services shoreside.  Supposedly this is one of the things that cannot be fixed at the terminal.  However, just in case, take a screen shot of the confirmation email!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

If you don't see it under "add ons," call Sailor Services shoreside.  Supposedly this is one of the things that cannot be fixed at the terminal.  However, just in case, take a screen shot of the confirmation email!

I have 2 cruises book in the next 2 months.  My 'sailor loot and add-ons' show up for my first cruise when I login via the website login  as: Add-ons: Enjoy these onboard this voyage  (but not in the app).

No such link is showing up on my  second reservation, BUT, I have the email confirmation for this second booking showing all the extras.  I printed the confirmation email for the second in case the add-ons get dropped from the system.  Based on catgetin's post, I'm surely going to call Sailor Support a week out of my second cruise if it doesn't link up.

On 12/19/2022 at 8:53 PM, cantgetin said:

Everything included on Deep Blue is initially charged and then removed.  We had no difficulty with the removal, although I've read of people needing to go to Sailor Services.  I went down the first time and they said that if a charge persisted more than 48 hours or a charge in the last day was not removed by embarkation morning, to stop by again.  It all worked out fine.

Currently on the Valiant and all Deep Blue charges show up on your account and get removed on the last day - so we were told.  We went to sailor services and they removed the $95 bottle of champagne, but the premium internet and Grounds Club charges remained on our account. Not the best system, but they are working to improve it. Sailor services told us that all the charges are manually reversed, which must be a pain for them to manage.

BTW these are great perks and we’re fine with having to do the manual calculation to determine how much bar tab we have remaining.