Black Friday 2022

Kcason20

Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are about potential discounts this year. This will be my first Black Friday watch lol and I am hopeful so save some $$ on Cruise Planner items for our Harmony cruise October, 2023. Thoughts??

Kayka

Over the last decade, I have found some great deals some years, and not-so-great other years.  The fact that the 'onboard' prices have slowly been creeping higher and higher, and the need for Royal to recoup a couple of years of losses, I'm not expecting too much.  Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I think this is going to be one of the not-so-great years.  The other thing is that for a sailing  six months out from now, there isn't much at all showing yet in the Cruise Planner. I'll be watching for the best deal on two different 4 night sailings to Perfect Day (Indy and Freedom) where the current prices on everything are 2, 3 and even 4 times more than I've ever paid.  I also have a 7 night sailing on Anthem in May--that's where nothing at all is showing for excursions yet. 

8 minutes ago, rockmom said:

The fact that the 'onboard' prices have slowly been creeping higher and higher, and the need for Royal to recoup a couple of years of losses, I'm not expecting too much.  Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I think this is going to be one of the not-so-great years.  

Sounds like a reasonable guess. I've also wondered if that's part of the reason why cruise planner prices have risen across the board recently ... raise prices by 30%, then have a 30% Black Friday sale and break even. 😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Winner.  This post should be an auto-reply to end and close this and every other "sale" thread.

Not so fast, that article linked above stated that we could see a $550 instant savings plus 30% off every guest. How would we have gotten a heads up about a sale that unique and exciting without this thread 😂