Prima Indulge Food

kapcruiser

Everything I had from Tamara was good - Pork Vindaloo, Chicken Tikka, but I was disappointed that Naan was not available at lunch since they were using the tandoors for the chicken.  The romaine and kale salad was good with blackened tuna.  Pad Thai was good, but not great.  I thought the breakfast at Indulge was good, and easy to grab something.

8441AB8C-D87B-47EA-983B-0DEBE4675D86.jpeg

9304A0A0-E31F-4337-A612-AEEA84E436A1.jpeg

E04D2379-D4F2-4A4C-A883-7C5344FD0A07.jpeg

413F9F82-E3EA-4C17-ADAC-85835419CC02.jpeg

3DC03A00-56D5-4BF7-A03C-8720313DA268.jpeg

FC09660A-2BFC-43D4-AE72-3B0A4598AEB0.jpeg

Edited by pilgrimage

I loved the variety of foods at the food hall. I had a really nice piece of salmon there, but I can't remember which place it came from. I liked the totopos from the Latin section. I actually really enjoyed the shrimp Pad Thai. The Food Hall is one thing that would make me consider cruising on Prima again. There were some things about the ship that I did not really prefer, but The Food Hall made up for some of them by being a good complimentary food option.

13 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I loved the variety of foods at the food hall. I had a really nice piece of salmon there, but I can't remember which place it came from. I liked the totopos from the Latin section. I actually really enjoyed the shrimp Pad Thai. The Food Hall is one thing that would make me consider cruising on Prima again. There were some things about the ship that I did not really prefer, but The Food Hall made up for some of them by being a good complimentary food option.

Was the salmon from Q BBQ at lunch?  I forgot about that - it was a nice piece of fish and cooked just right.

18 minutes ago, pilgrimage said:

Was the salmon from Q BBQ at lunch?  I forgot about that - it was a nice piece of fish and cooked just right.

I think it was from Q, and definitely at lunch time. I commented to my husband how nicely it was cooked and that it was juicy. It was a generous portion as well.

• Like 1

I also enjoyed the Chicken Tikka and Shrimp Pad Thai. Pulled Pork sandwich from Q wasn't bad, and always enjoy the deviled eggs (with bacon garnish). Cobb salad, tomato bread and tagliatelle bolannase were also lunch staples for me. Honestly did not have anything I didn't like at Indulge.

• Like 1

Everything was very good but for me the BBQ from Q and the kebabs stood out.

Don't forget the entree selections are a little different between lunch and dinner services.  Get there early or late for lunch and dinner and seating will be a little better.

Indulge Food Hall from this Sunday, IMO a very good alternative to buffet without having to get out of your seat.

So many options and pretty decent food.

Tamara and Seaside Rotisserie 👍🏻 Very good (obviously subjective) 

Duck wrapped in Bacon

Lamb Chops
Pork Vindaloo 

Opens at 5:30 for dinner, try to get there at 5:00 if you want a table, by 5:30 it was packed.

Some seating available directly at bar of each establishment 

Was also open on embarkation day for a varied lunch menu.

186FA9EB-19FB-4B6B-9A6C-5430187B4E49.jpeg

C34069B3-12AC-4E40-A4E5-3D5843A981C8.jpeg

C375B602-B689-4920-9F58-D5955F88FF52.jpeg

415A5CAE-0895-4442-B23A-C10A476ADA74.jpeg

19583221-5FB4-4DA1-AFB0-3702F8AF750D.jpeg

897D6A14-AE26-499D-8600-0B4C214AE121.jpeg

66DD5254-2E4A-4078-B0B7-81DD630D91B8.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor

Boy I'm getting hungry looking at those photos!

I wonder if NCL will end up retrofitting this on some of the Breakaway class ships.  With some more elbow room I can see this becoming very popular on board.

The portions are not huge and hopefully it will lead to less waste.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Boy I'm getting hungry looking at those photos!

I wonder if NCL will end up retrofitting this on some of the Breakaway class ships.  With some more elbow room I can see this becoming very popular on board.

The portions are not huge and hopefully it will lead to less waste.

I would love them to add the Indulge Food Hall to other ships.  Ordering on the tablets was easy and we were amazed with how fast our items came out.  Lunch & Dinner had great choices.   Also loved at breakfast that they had ready to go breakfast sandwiches that were easy to grab.

We definitely over-ordered the first time, but after that I think it's less food wasted than when you are wandering through the buffet and taking a spoonful of everything that looks interesting.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kapcruiser said:

Do u have to be sitting at a table to order or can u place an order and go outside to eat?

Waiters will serve you at the tables outside the Food Hall. They only have paper menus there, so you have to flag down a waiter and they will take your order. All of the Food Hall restaurants take walk-up orders, so you can grab-n-go if you are seated elsewhere. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are making me hungry.  We will be in an aft-facing suite, right above the Food Hall at the end of January. Biggest criticism seems to be seating.  With a suite nearby, will we be able to get any seating priority, or could we do to-go orders to go back to the room?   How about being able to order off the NCL ap?  Yes, I know, if I tell the butler what I want, he'll set it up, but I prefer to be independent.😄

4 hours ago, fandangocruiser said:

You guys are making me hungry.  We will be in an aft-facing suite, right above the Food Hall at the end of January. Biggest criticism seems to be seating.  With a suite nearby, will we be able to get any seating priority, or could we do to-go orders to go back to the room?   How about being able to order off the NCL ap?  Yes, I know, if I tell the butler what I want, he'll set it up, but I prefer to be independent.😄

There is no priority seating and yes, seating is limited. To make matter worse, they have some tables for six that, no blame, a couple of two will take because no other option. If you sit at a specific counter, have to eat what they serve there.

Never saw anyone take food out but not sure if allowed or not.

I know some say portions large, not really, I'd call most a tasting.  No trays so not sure how you would cart a bunch of food off.   Are you in a Haven suite?  If so, the Haven elevators are very close by but they for sure don't stop at 9.  Other elevators forward of the Local so a hike.

A better option if weather is good is order at spot and take food outside weather permitted or, if they let you, grab food and eat at tables in Local which are right there..  Lots of seating outside.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fandangocruiser said:

Since I haven't sailed Haven (assuming you're in the Haven as you mention suite) on the Prima, my answer could be a bit off, however you could ask your butler to deliver items from the Food Hall to you. Butlers will bring items from any other restaurant (specialty or included) on other ships, so I'd expect the same to occur on NCL's even more luxurious ship. 

Hands down, my single favorite item from Indulge were the Datiles con Alemendras (bacon wrapped, almond stuffed dates) from Tapas. 

It's the only dish we had every time we ate at Indulge (since the Tapas menu stays the same for both lunch and dinner).  They are just a perfect little bite.  The sweet from the date, the nuttiness of the almond, smoky bacon, and top it off with BLUE CHEESE!!  OMG, I'm definitely going to have to try making those at home.  

Other stand outs were, from Tamara, the Chicken Korma and Short Rib Dosa (BTW, this thing is HUGE... think burrito instead of taquito with regard to size since it's not obvious from the pic on the tablet).  From Nudls, the Agnolotti and the Fiocchetti (both from the dinner menu).  From Seaside Rotisserie, the Picanha and the Tenderloin (from the dinner menu) and the Beef Shich Kebab, which was like kofta (from the lunch menu). From Q, the Jalapeno Cheese Grits (dinner menu).  But really, pretty much everything I tried was delicious.  

• Like 1

I made the mistake at dinner of ordering the Short Rib Dosa thinking it was a small appetizer.  Picture was deceiving.   First time at Indulge it's easy to over-order😋

For lunch we enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich from Q.  Salads were always good and the Tomato soup was delish.  Also loved many of the 'small plates'.  One was kind of like bruschetta, but I think the name was Pan con tomato.   Absolutely loved the Pesto Gnocchi from Nudls, but it was 'sold out' later in the week.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brigand13 said:

Hands down, my single favorite item from Indulge were the Datiles con Alemendras (bacon wrapped, almond stuffed dates) from Tapas. 

It's the only dish we had every time we ate at Indulge (since the Tapas menu stays the same for both lunch and dinner).  They are just a perfect little bite.  The sweet from the date, the nuttiness of the almond, smoky bacon, and top it off with BLUE CHEESE!!  OMG, I'm definitely going to have to try making those at home.  

Other stand outs were, from Tamara, the Chicken Korma and Short Rib Dosa (BTW, this thing is HUGE... think burrito instead of taquito with regard to size since it's not obvious from the pic on the tablet).  From Nudls, the Agnolotti and the Fiocchetti (both from the dinner menu).  From Seaside Rotisserie, the Picanha and the Tenderloin (from the dinner menu) and the Beef Shich Kebab, which was like kofta (from the lunch menu). From Q, the Jalapeno Cheese Grits (dinner menu).  But really, pretty much everything I tried was delicious.  

Bacon wrapped dates are very easy to make at home!

Stuffed with nothing or goat or blue cheese.  

• Like 1