Pinnacle Suite fridge content?

JoieNsk

We are lucky to be in a Pinnacle Suite on Oosterdam for a South America cruise, as we got big future cruise credit due to cancellations, and we applied it to this cruise, so the room is not terribly expensive as it usually is. Plus it is a 14 days long cruise with a lot of on board time, and I am positive this would be our only unique trip like this - kind of a lifetime thing. So I splurged.

Long story short, we are getting close to the date - in March of 2023.

I found a bit controversial info on what do we get with the room. There is a big fridge in the room, and I read somewhere that it comes with a lot of bottles in it, but they are not included (like with Celebrity for example). But there is pretty hefty mini-bar type price tag on them. Can somebody who had this room confirm or not confirm this info?

If all those bottles are not included - I assume we can ask to remove them, right? I ordered beer and some wine, so we can drink it in the room - I would like to use the fridge for the drinks we already paid for.

Also can somebody tell me - if we can get tea kettle, so I can make my own tea? Life is not fun for me without tea.

And if somebody has some tips, we might not know - I would appreciate all the input. I've only been on HAL once, and for my husband this would be the first time.

Thank you in advance! These boards are priceless source of info!

Edited by JoieNsk

31 minutes ago, JoieNsk said:

We are lucky to be in a Pinnacle Suite on Oosterdam for a South America cruise, as we got big future cruise credit due to cancellations, and we applied it to this cruise, so the room is not terribly expensive as it usually is. Plus it is a 14 days long cruise with a lot of on board time, and I am positive this would be our only unique trip like this - kind of a lifetime thing. So I splurged.

Long story short, we are getting close to the date - in March of 2023.

I found a bit controversial info on what do we get with the room. There is a big fridge in the room, and I read somewhere that it comes with a lot of bottles in it, but they are not included (like with Celebrity for example). But there is pretty hefty mini-bar type price tag on them. Can somebody who had this room confirm or not confirm this info?

If all those bottles are not included - I assume we can ask to remove them, right? I ordered beer and some wine, so we can drink it in the room - I would like to use the fridge for the drinks we already paid for.

Also can somebody tell me - if we can get tea kettle, so I can make my own tea? Life is not fun for me without tea.

And if somebody has some tips, we might not know - I would appreciate all the input. I've only been on HAL once, and for my husband this would be the first time.

Thank you in advance! These boards are priceless source of info!

Have not sailed in Pinnacle but you can always ask cabin steward to remove items from fridge that you won't want (if fee based) we always do.  As for tea kettle, not sure they would have these. They do have coffee/pod machines but I find the taste of coffee in my tea ruins it. I would get hot water from Neptune lounge (or have them deliver each morning) and steep your tea. 

34 minutes ago, JoieNsk said:

Cannot speak to the fact of whether or not the mini-bar items are included in the Pinnacle Suite but they DEFINITELY are not included in any other category of stateroom.  So the first thing that I always ask my stewards is to remove all of them, and they do this quickly.

21 hours ago, REOVA said:

Have not sailed in Pinnacle but you can always ask cabin steward to remove items from fridge that you won't want (if fee based) we always do.  As for tea kettle, not sure they would have these. They do have coffee/pod machines but I find the taste of coffee in my tea ruins it. I would get hot water from Neptune lounge (or have them deliver each morning) and steep your tea. 

Thank you!

I agree about tea from a coffee machine - it sucks. I normally bring my own portable water heater with me when I travel. And actually I got away even brining it on the cruise with me. But one of the last times Royal Caribbean got it out of my carry on and took it away from me all the length of the cruise. So I don't take it on the cruise with me anymore.

Celebrity would give you a kettle if you ask.

I probably would just use a microwave - like later was suggested.

21 hours ago, AV8rix said:

Cannot speak to the fact of whether or not the mini-bar items are included in the Pinnacle Suite but they DEFINITELY are not included in any other category of stateroom.  So the first thing that I always ask my stewards is to remove all of them, and they do this quickly.

Thank you! I will ask them too. If I really need something - I will figure how to get it. 

Do they stock juice and water in the lounge - so you can take it to your room? Disney and Celebrity do. I think Royal Caribbean does too.

But I don't remember what Holland does.

Bottles of water are definitely included at no charge in the Pinnacle suite and are replenished as needed. A kettle was also in our P. suite, so if you don't see one, just ask...it will appear. And it does have a large microwave. The refrigerator is also much bigger than normal. Why not have a special afternoon tea delivered and set up in your dining area and invite a couple of new friends - the Neptune lounge Concierge will arrange it and can suggest other ideas as well - lots of good memories in that suite...make the most of it!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, twodjs said:

Bottles of water are definitely included at no charge in the Pinnacle suite and are replenished as needed. A kettle was also in our P. suite, so if you don't see one, just ask...it will appear. And it does have a large microwave. The refrigerator is also much bigger than normal. Why not have a special afternoon tea delivered and set up in your dining area and invite a couple of new friends - the Neptune lounge Concierge will arrange it and can suggest other ideas as well - lots of good memories in that suite...make the most of it!

Thank you very much for the great info and suggestions!

The room looks great indeed. I looked again - this itinerary has immense amount of time on the ship - including all the scenic sailing days etc. I have never done a cruise with having so much time on board, honestly.

So such a nice "apartment at sea" - as essentially this room is sized like - would be a wonderful amenity in itself!

Enjoy the Pinnacle suite! We had a Pinnacle suite in 2020 and have it again in March and I can't wait.

Fridge:

All nonalcoholic drinks in the fridge are included with the suite. Anything alcoholic you have to pay for (just ask your room steward to remove them.

Included:

Canned water, Sparkling water, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite 

In the main room they will leave a bottle of prosecco as an embarkation gift and a large bottle of water (which they will replace for you)

A word of warning about the fridge/freezer. It is an industrial style unit and ours stuck every time we opened it and you had to make sure you really pushed to fully closed it.

Tea kettle

I'm 90% sure we had a kettle, it was in one of the many cabinets. They is a box of Harney & sons individually wrapped teas in a tea box on the counter. If you have a favorite, don't be afraid to ask the stewards to stock more or less of specific varieties. (This also works for the Nespresso pods, as I like decaf in the evening).

If you do get tea delivered to the room they send an assortment of tea bags from the Lido not the nicer ones. But they do send a carafes of hot water .

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2022 at 6:14 PM, RuthC said:

I believe the Pinnacle Suite has a microwave oven in which you can heat water for tea. 

Other than heating water, what do people use a big microwave for?  

Can pax  bring leftovers (doggie bags), e.g., from giant meat dishes that are 2x -3x the size one usually eats, from dinner?  

If so, are there plates and silverware to put food on?

Thanks in advance.

I’m in the Pinnacle Suite on the Eurodam right now. Must vacate on Sunday  and go back to reality.

When I have time to write which may be after Thanksgiving, I will give you lots of hints since this is my second time in a Pinnacle.  It is a fabulous experience you will love. But to answer a few of your questions, yes, there is a kettle and a wooden box of assorted teas.  I wrote an email to someone in guest services ahead of time and requested certain things to be in the refrigerator and on the counter and all requests were granted before we arrived. I will give you that email address to you as well.  I brought many things from home that helped me use the kitchen (pantry) easily and I will share all those ideas with you.,  I look forward to sharing with you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

Other than heating water, what do people use a big microwave for?  

Can pax  bring leftovers (doggie bags), e.g., from giant meat dishes that are 2x -3x the size one usually eats, from dinner?  

Thanks in advance.

Although I have been entertained in the Pinnacle Suite a few times over the years, I have never stayed in one, so I am not familiar with the specifics of the room. 
I have never dreamed of bringing leftovers from any restaurants, so don't know if they provide take out boxes, or if there are health laws that prohibit it. 
I don't know for certain if plates and silverware, but I think I remember that there are. I know that meals can be served there, including to guests, but don't know all the details. 
Sorry.

Well, I brought microwave popcorn...it was a huge hit with our friends. My partner also sleeps later than me and he's used the microwave to heat up his breakfast once he's up.

You you can get take out containers from the specialty restaurants, I'm not sure about the MDR. I frequently bring (or have delivered) my dessert to have later in the evening.

There is a full dinner service for 8 in the room. You can have course by course dining in the room (speak with the Neptune Concierge to arrange).

• Thanks 3

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2022 at 10:46 PM, CruisinNana said:

I’m in the Pinnacle Suite on the Eurodam right now. Must vacate on Sunday  and go back to reality.

When I have time to write which may be after Thanksgiving, I will give you lots of hints since this is my second time in a Pinnacle. ..

Thank you so much!

If you have those tips - I will really appreciate them!

Sorry, I was not responding to the topic for a while, as I was not getting notifications about new responses for some reason. I thought this topic died long time ago. But there so much helpful info here!

Edited by JoieNsk

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO EVERYBODY!!!

The cruise is coming closer. I am both excited and a little nervous. As we have never been to South America before.

I feel very comfortable in any European country. As we have been to Europe so many times, on cruises and not. But SA is kind of unfamiliar land to me!

Also trying to learn some Spanish. But we had too much excitement in our family life lately. Also I work more now, as I became main provider for the health insurance for our family - since my husband retired recently. I know I should do a little bit every day. But I don't :))) I will still try 🙂 I still have about a month and a half to work on Spanish 🙂

36 minutes ago, JoieNsk said:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO EVERYBODY!!!

The cruise is coming closer. I am both excited and a little nervous. As we have never been to South America before.

I feel very comfortable in any European country. As we have been to Europe so many times, on cruises and not. But SA is kind of unfamiliar land to me!

Also trying to learn some Spanish. But we had too much excitement in our family life lately. Also I work more now, as I became main provider for the health insurance for our family - since my husband retired recently. I know I should do a little bit every day. But I don't :))) I will still try 🙂 I still have about a month and a half to work on Spanish 🙂

If I am correct, we are on the same cruise - the 14 day portion of the longer south America one ending up in FL.  There is a good roll call going over in that section that you might miss because the name is titled under the full 31 day journey: 

I'm so excited too! We are only in a veranda but looking forward to all the sea days nonetheless 😉

2 hours ago, Dobby36 said:

If I am correct, we are on the same cruise - the 14 day portion of the longer south America one ending up in FL.  There is a good roll call going over in that section that you might miss because the name is titled under the full 31 day journey: 

I'm so excited too! We are only in a veranda but looking forward to all the sea days nonetheless 😉

Thank you for the info!

We must be on the other part of the cruise - we are from BA to Santiago.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:43 PM, JoieNsk said:

Thank you! I will ask them too. If I really need something - I will figure how to get it. 

Do they stock juice and water in the lounge - so you can take it to your room? Disney and Celebrity do. I think Royal Caribbean does too.

But I don't remember what Holland does.

Along with the bottles of water provided that were already mentioned, yes, there is water and juice in the Neptune Lounge.

IME in the morning it is fresh squeezed oj and later in the day, cranberry juice.

On 11/19/2022 at 12:32 AM, Catlover54 said:

Thanks in advance.

There are indeed plates and silverware along with fine glass ware.  Plenty.

It is there for regular use and If the OP wishes to do course by course dining in their Pinnacle Suite (recommend).

11 hours ago, Dobby36 said:

Thank you again, Dobby!

Found the roll call. Never did one before. But I can see how useful it can be!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JoieNsk said:

Thank you so much!

If you have those tips - I will really appreciate them!

Sorry, I was not responding to the topic for a while, as I was not getting notifications about new responses for some reason. I thought this topic died long time ago. But there so much helpful info here!

If you could email me, it would be so much easier for me to respond to you. Please put in the subject….Pinnacle Suite info…

My e info is Dblondheim  at. A. O. L. Dot com. I’m sure you can figure how to address the email

I wake up much earlier than my husband so things I requested enabled me to be able to make myself or him a light breakfast without having to order room service.  I brought several things from home to help in the galley. 
Looking forward to hearing from you. You will love your “home away from home!”

17 minutes ago, CruisinNana said:

Looking forward to hearing from you. You will love your “home away from home!”

Thank you!

Just sent two e-mails (hopefully) - first one without the subject "Pinnacle Suite info". So sent the second one - with the subject 🙂