Ship change advisory – Carnival Magic to Carnival Venezia

Old Fart Cruisers

18 hours ago, CruisingFamily2005 said:

6 Days Canada/New England

Sept 23,2023 -Sept 29,2023

Same as ours but no cabin assignment yet. Just texted PVP to see if he could find out anything. So frustrated, paid extra for a balcony on Lido deck so I guess we’ll see what we get! 🤯

On 11/14/2022 at 6:10 AM, phoneman69 said:

Just got the email myself for our 2 room sailing in June of 2023. Taking our 7 and 5 year old grand daughters on their FIRST cruise. NO WATERWORKS on this ship. NO SLIDES for the kids. This is not going to be an UP grade from the Magic.

The bonus here is that being their first cruise it actually would be better than if they'd sailed before with waterworks. My son's first cruise was on Princess, his first few actually, and it was fine because he didn't know what he was missing. Now that he HAS experienced Waterworks I don't think it'd be as easy to go on a ship without all those bells and whistles.

4 minutes ago, Jamericannn said:

I replied to that email letting them know it is unacceptable. I let them know that if I am not assigned a similar room I will be extremely angry. 

Do you really think they care?  If you don't like the assignment then you'll have to cancel and pick a different date that you may get an acceptable cabin.

• Thanks 1

About 30 minutes after i got that update email, i received a new cabin confirmation email yet the email still shows my room as TBA ...hmm..maybe i am one step closer to getting an assignment?

its even more strange is that confirmation email is for my cruise in august yet nothing for my cruise in June. It appears they are working backwards for some odd reason like what another person posted about September cruises

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We received as well. We feel much better now! 😡😡

Well let's hope you still get a comparable room assignment even though there pushing some of us off. I am wait on a balcony assignment for June 2023. Was on Deck 8 of Magic. Worst part is they assigned 1 of my 2 rooms. Where's the other ?????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Do you really think they care?  If you don't like the assignment then you'll have to cancel and pick a different date that you may get an acceptable cabin.

It's a real shame that you book a sailing over 400 days out put down a deposit and make some payments and this is the way your treated by Carnival. Over 15 sailings with them i expected better.

• Like 3

Received our cabin assignment last night.  Extremely comparable to what we had before.  Life is good.  We've never been through a ship change before and overall for us it went quite smoothly.  We will be keen to see what Carnival does with this beauty.

So, our PVP called us this morning, as I had left him a message last evening. He still can't access our B2B bookings, but no matter as we have decided to dump those bookings. We are now booked on the 15 day Journeys cruise leaving on 9/29. Better islands, and $1300 less than the 15 day B2B that we originally booked. We will cancel our B2B bookings after we finally get our reassigned cabins. There is no way that they will be giving us the bowling alley balconies that we originally booked. Once I know I will list my gripes and give them to my PVP who will go to bat for me and try to get my nonrefundable deposits applied to my new booking. Even if I wind up losing my deposits I feel we came out ahead. We now have a better 15 day cruise for a much better price. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting for your new cabin assignments. 😎

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

It's a real shame that you book a sailing over 400 days out put down a deposit and make some payments and this is the way your treated by Carnival. Over 15 sailings with them i expected better.

It doesn't really matter how many sailings you have with them.  They are a big business and the bottom line is that they could not care less about you.  Their marketing strategy for years has been to cultivate new blues and turn current blues into reds. 

If they truly cared about keeping you around then they would have a better thank you for your loyalty by tweaking their VIFP program.  What you get from Carnival as you move up the line is an absolute joke compared to what you get from Royal and NCL.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

So, our PVP called us this morning, as I had left him a message last evening. He still can't access our B2B bookings, but no matter as we have decided to dump those bookings. We are now booked on the 15 day Journeys cruise leaving on 9/29. Better islands, and $1300 less than the 15 day B2B that we originally booked. We will cancel our B2B bookings after we finally get our reassigned cabins. There is no way that they will be giving us the bowling alley balconies that we originally booked. Once I know I will list my gripes and give them to my PVP who will go to bat for me and try to get my nonrefundable deposits applied to my new booking. Even if I wind up losing my deposits I feel I we came out ahead. We now have a better 15 day cruise for a much better price. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting for your new cabin assignments. 😎

Oh that's a nice choice. I was looking at that one. Unfortunately, my husband can't get that much time off, so we settled on a 10 day for Thanksgiving. I hope  you get your deposits back, they really dropped the ball on this one.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We are now booked on the 15 day Journeys cruise leaving on 9/29.

Congratulations Jamman!  Good thinking!  I LOVE Journey cruises!  Hope you get your deposit switched over to new booking.  Happy Thanksgiving to you Patti and Ryan!  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Congratulations Jamman!  Good thinking!  I LOVE Journey cruises!  Hope you get your deposit switched over to new booking.  Happy Thanksgiving to you Patti and Ryan!  

Thanks Karry! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. 😎

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2022 at 2:23 PM, shof515 said:

Part of the problem is the competition out of New York with both Royal and Norwegian doing year round cruises. Also new next year is MSC is also doing cruises out of here more often. 

Hopefully with these newer longer 9-12 day itinerary going to the south Caribbean proves to be popular and they keep offering every year

There must be a big cruise market for all those ships out of NYC.