Vista - Porthole on 1 or Inside on Lido?

Angelboys3

Which cabin would you choose? 7 day cruise just myself and hubby. Currently booked in a porthole room but thinking of switching to an inside on lido deck. The cost isn’t much more to switch but it looks like the PH room may be a bit bigger since it has a couch? Not first time cruisers but have never done any type of inside cabin, always OV or occasional balcony but we’ve always had 4 per cabin with the kids along. We’ve also never had a lido deck cabin which is why I’m thinking of trying that this time. Thanks!

I would do the Lido cabin.  I find the convenient location pays for itself time and time again over the cruise.  We have long got away from the 'have to have a OV or balcony' phase and will gladly stay in an interior.  We spend the majority of our time outside the cabin and they usually aren't worth spending the extra money to upgrade.

We like porthole cabins but you have to choose wisely. Some have one twin bed that does not have a second twin to convert to a king bed as shown in this photo. One person has to sleep on top of the couch in this example. Regardless of the bed configuration many porthole cabins have a huge shelf under the portholes that make for convenient storage.

Other porthole cabins do have two twins that convert to king but there are fewer of them. All have a view and you always know what the weather is without looking on your TV.

Port hole cabin.jpg

both portholes.png

image (9) (2).png

Edited by sanmarcosman

Porthole usually has more space with the couch but is down away from everything.

Lido inside has less space but step out your door to all the pools, bar, loungers, casual food options, etc.

We like the extra space but always prefer Lido when available.

Edited by Island Dog

We were booked deck 1 PH on Panorama for our February cruise and just got a $54 offer to upgrade to a Lido interior and jumped on it! (Initial cruise was a killer deal)  I was not thrilled about being on deck 1. We also bought thermal suite-passes for the week and will be right close. 😁

Edited by kona_wahine
  • Like 1