1 ot away from next level Lattitudes

havanadaydreaming

quick question for the NCL aficianados....if my wife and i are 1 pt away from next level on Lattitudes will our next sailing reflect future benefits?  

i think this has happened to us previously on NCL and we had to wait until the next cruise.  I know on Carnival you get the perks the sailing you bump up.  Not a big deal to us, either way.  

THANKS!  

I feel your pain. We are at 149 points...one away from sapphire. 

That one singular point would give us a nice little perk upgrade, but both our TA and the Haven pre-concierge said it's a hard "no". 

Yeah...we are super lucky to have the Haven perks, but still - there's something so sweet about Sapphire level. 25 days until our next cruise, so happy to get the bump for our 2023 Alaska sailing!

Warmest, Amy

• Like 1

I think the only difference between Platinum and Sapphire is an offer for priority seating in the theatres (which isn’t necessary) and dinner with the officers which isn’t happening on most ships.  There’s also the Sapphire pin.

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

I think the only difference between Platinum and Sapphire is an offer for priority seating in the theatres (which isn’t necessary) and dinner with the officers which isn’t happening on most ships.  There’s also the Sapphire pin.

Amy said there's something sweet about Sapphire level to her, and that's what's important.  There's no need to downplay her feelings with snarky comments.  So Sapphire doesn't hold any allure to you, that's ok.  But to her, it's important.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nilbog said:

Amy said there's something sweet about Sapphire level to her, and that's what's important.  There's no need to downplay her feelings with snarky comments.  So Sapphire doesn't hold any allure to you, that's ok.  But to her, it's important.

What about scolding other members on Cruise Critic? Is there a need for that? So you felt @YVRteacher's comments were snarky, but they thought they were important enough to share.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Nilbog said:

I was being factual, not sarcastic at all.  I was trying to be helpful.  Your post is disrespectful to me.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nilbog said:

💖 Thank you both...and I was not trying to be start a fight or disagreement.

It truly is a "sweet" milestone to me as cruising is my happy place. It's more of a "oh cool...look at the amazing places we've been and people we've met" vs "oh cool...free pin".

Have we been on other cruise lines? Sure - but we love NCL and the Latitudes perks are very nice. It may not mean the world to everyone, but to our family every day on a cruise is another awesome memory. In that respect, that silly pin means the world to us (and thank you Nilbog...you are too kind). Just my opinion...Warmest, Amy

On 11/15/2022 at 8:57 PM, YVRteacher said:

this.  i was awarded platinum after completing my last cruise, and that is the important step: free laundry and a free premium meal. 

4 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

I was being factual, not sarcastic at all.  I was trying to be helpful.  Your post is disrespectful to me.

this.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Nilbog said:

Absolutely zero sarcastic about that reply. Just pointing out the factual differences.

I didn’t realise that stating facts was a crime here.

• Like 5

On 11/15/2022 at 10:38 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

quick question for the NCL aficianados....if my wife and i are 1 pt away from next level on Lattitudes will our next sailing reflect future benefits?  

As others have stated, no.  I actually calculated that I'd be a point short of Sapphire after my last cruise.  I wound up squeezing a weekend booze cruise in to get those 3 points that would put me over the top on my last sailing.  But no, there were no incremental benefits; those kick in next time.

And no, the incremental benefits of Sapphire aren't great but the priority reservations would be nice, if indeed they're a real thing.  Remember, there are a few "benefits" that really aren't, such as the Concierge and Internet package discount.

Edited by phillygwm

11 hours ago, amygutman said:

💖 Thank you both...and I was not trying to be start a fight or disagreement.

It truly is a "sweet" milestone to me as cruising is my happy place. It's more of a "oh cool...look at the amazing places we've been and people we've met" vs "oh cool...free pin".

Have we been on other cruise lines? Sure - but we love NCL and the Latitudes perks are very nice. It may not mean the world to everyone, but to our family every day on a cruise is another awesome memory. In that respect, that silly pin means the world to us (and thank you Nilbog...you are too kind). Just my opinion...Warmest, Amy

Everyone appreciates different things. If the pin is valuable to you, then that's great! My husband loves collecting the pins. I don't love them. Neither of us are wrong, nor are you. The important thing is you find what's valuable to you and enjoy it. 

Don't worry about the disagreements. They happen all the time - it's not you, it's those arguing (and yep, I've done it myself haha). Just ignore them and you'll be fine. 🙂

11 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Everyone appreciates different things. If the pin is valuable to you, then that's great! My husband loves collecting the pins. I don't love them. Neither of us are wrong, nor are you. The important thing is you find what's valuable to you and enjoy it. 

Don't worry about the disagreements. They happen all the time - it's not you, it's those arguing (and yep, I've done it myself haha). Just ignore them and you'll be fine. 🙂

Ya know...that's a great attitude. My vacation, my "sweet spot".🚢 I'm on a cruise in 23 days and could not be more excited! 

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2022 at 10:40 AM, Nilbog said:

Gezzz  The person was only stating a fact. 

• Like 1