Mdr's on Grand Princess

Can anyone shed some light on how each of the Mdr's are being used on Grand?

Are they having one for traditional, one for Dine my way, one split CC / Dine my way? Interested to hear how the new version of anytime dining is working, or not 😆

Also which Mdr is split if anyone knows?

2 hours ago, Womble99 said:

Can anyone shed some light on how each of the Mdr's are being used on Grand?

Are they having one for traditional, one for Dine my way, one split CC / Dine my way? Interested to hear how the new version of anytime dining is working, or not 😆

Also which Mdr is split if anyone knows?

I found when I clicked on dining in the medallion app it listed the available times for each dining room and gave an idea of how each one worked.

from memory one was set dining only (Botticelli), and I think one was anytime dining, and one a mix.

we went for the set dining only one as we’re not fans of anytime dining as we don’t feel that it flows as well as there is variety of dining stages throughout the passengers.

Edited by LuckiePuris
Additional info
  • Like 1

There is no official set time dining on Grand Princess. All 3 MDRs have the same menu and bookings can be made on the app. In practice, once onboard you can speak to the dining room staff and organise same time, same table dining every night. We started with 4 of us on a share table for 8, and other diners became permanents during the cruise until we ended with a fixed 8 people.

Da Vinci has one area set aside for Club Class Dining.

I have been trying to book dining times. Apparently this can only be done after the final payment is made for the cruise, but at the moment, the Medallion app seems to be 'down', or at least the Dine My Way part isn't working properly. I have three Princess cruises booked and when I try to access the January one to book dining times, the Medallion app opens my June cruise every time I try.😠 I will phone Princess tomorrow and see if they can get it to work.

Edited by Aus Traveller

9 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

There is no official set time dining on Grand Princess. All 3 MDRs have the same menu and bookings can be made on the app. In practice, once onboard you can speak to the dining room staff and organise same time, same table dining every night. We started with 4 of us on a share table for 8, and other diners became permanents during the cruise until we ended with a fixed 8 people.

Da Vinci has one area set aside for Club Class Dining.

Botticelli on Grand has early or late set dining

3 hours ago, LuckiePuris said:

Botticelli on Grand has early or late set dining

That is new then. We disembarked today and some of our friends had a table booked for 6.30 every night in Botticelli. We ate with them one night when some of their companions were eating at Crown Grill.

5 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

That is new then. We disembarked today and some of our friends had a table booked for 6.30 every night in Botticelli. We ate with them one night when some of their companions were eating at Crown Grill.

I’m not too sure but just going by medallion dining booking options.

12 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have been trying to book dining times. Apparently this can only be done after the final payment is made for the cruise, but at the moment, the Medallion app seems to be 'down', or at least the Dine My Way part isn't working properly. I have three Princess cruises booked and when I try to access the January one to book dining times, the Medallion app opens my June cruise every time I try.😠 I will phone Princess tomorrow and see if they can get it to work.

You don't need to wait for final payment for booking dining slots. I have made our dinner reservations for Feb and next November, neither have had final payment made.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

You don't need to wait for final payment for booking dining slots. I have made our dinner reservations for Feb and next November, neither have had final payment made.

My comment about not being able to make dinner reservations before final payment was because this was information on the website. I am going to phone Princess again today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LuckiePuris said:

I’m not too sure but just going by medallion dining booking options.

While trying to make my dinner reservations for cruises on the Coral Princess, the Medallion app had timeslots every 20 minutes from 5pm to around 6.30. Then the next seating started with every 20 minutes from 7pm to 8,30. This is quite different from the old-style early and late dining that were at 5.30pm and 8pm. Now there is a lot of variability.

On 11/18/2022 at 8:33 AM, Aus Traveller said:

While trying to make my dinner reservations for cruises on the Coral Princess, the Medallion app had timeslots every 20 minutes from 5pm to around 6.30. Then the next seating started with every 20 minutes from 7pm to 8,30. This is quite different from the old-style early and late dining that were at 5.30pm and 8pm. Now there is a lot of variability.

Maybe it varies ship to ship?

Grand has three dining rooms and they offered different time slots / time options depending on the dining room.

26 minutes ago, LuckiePuris said:

Maybe it varies ship to ship?

Grand has three dining rooms and they offered different time slots / time options depending on the dining room.

Yes, Grand class ships have three MDRs, two off the Atrium, the other aft. Coral id a Panamax class and only has two MDRs.

The aft MDR on Grand is only accessible via the aft lifts and stairs, down from deck 7 and above. You can't access directly on deck 6.

I'll be interested to see what it's like on Grand.  I've done 2 on Coral recently. One restaurant was my time. Making a reservation is useless (even though they advertise to book to avoid wait times and queues). 

When you arrive and tell them you have a booking they say - join the line. 

this was in June and last week. 

The website says most people have to be paid in full before they can make reservations.

Platinum and Elite members can make reservations before full payment. 

If Coral is anything to go by it's a waste of time anyway.  I just turned up whenever I liked and got a table easily.