Cozumel cruise sponsored excursions

PrincessArlena'sDad

Cozumel is one port where I do not feel it is necessary to do a cruise ship sponsored excursion.  Unless you are going over to the mainland (Tulum, Xcaret, etc) you can go anywhere on the island easily.  So it all depends what you want.  The best beach clubs are independent and you book straight thru their websites, then take a taxi.  

Like was said before this is probably the easiest, safest port to book excursion on your own. (except trying to do one on the mainland. Dodgy trying to navigate ferries on your own)

Unless you have alot of ship credit to burn or just like overpaying for things, just book excursions in Cozumel after doing a little research in here for what you might be interetsed in.

We just got back from a cruise a few weeks ago and honestly it was crazy busy in Cozumel with 6 ships, so we did a cruise ship tour and it didn't go as we had hoped.  Part of the problem was that our ship didn't arrive until 10am...

Here's a video to explain:

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2022 at 6:02 PM, ABQrobin said:

We just got back from a cruise a few weeks ago and honestly it was crazy busy in Cozumel with 6 ships, so we did a cruise ship tour and it didn't go as we had hoped.  Part of the problem was that our ship didn't arrive until 10am...

I hate to hear you had a bad experience at Playa Uvas. We went here on our land vacation and had issues with the snorkeling area. It was roped off but yet boats were coming in and out non-stop, which made it very hard to snorkel around. We kept being motioned to "move" because of them and we were always on the look out for boats. It just wasn't a very pleasant experience for us. OUR DAY THERE

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

I hate to hear you had a bad experience at Playa Uvas. We went here on our land vacation and had issues with the snorkeling area. It was roped off but yet boats were coming in and out non-stop, which made it very hard to snorkel around. We kept being motioned to "move" because of them and we were always on the look out for boats. It just wasn't a very pleasant experience for us. OUR DAY THERE

I doubt we would go there again.... there are too many other beach clubs and we have never seen such weak food offerings and tiny drinks.  I am sure some people had decent food, if they paid extra for it.  Guess we should have done that.  

Hope you are doing well and hi to the whole family!

5 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

I doubt we would go there again.... there are too many other beach clubs and we have never seen such weak food offerings and tiny drinks.  I am sure some people had decent food, if they paid extra for it.  Guess we should have done that.  

Hope you are doing well and hi to the whole family!

Yea, I don't blame you. Probably not a place I would go back to either. 

We are doing well and have a cruise booked but for the first time in years, we will not be vacationing at Christmas. I'm finally having another foot operation the 1st of the year after suffering for a little over 3 years now from my injury. 

2 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Yea, I don't blame you. Probably not a place I would go back to either. 

We are doing well and have a cruise booked but for the first time in years, we will not be vacationing at Christmas. I'm finally having another foot operation the 1st of the year after suffering for a little over 3 years now from my injury. 

Wow.  I remember that, sorry its still a problem.  Take care and enjoy your cruise. 

We are contemplating a cruise early next year because we have some remodeling going on for our house and the $#%^#!! contractors are booked up until spring.  Maybe we will go on the Cabo/Mazatlan cruise.  We love Mexico and the culture, never been that far south though.  New adventures!