Faster To The Fun is back...

Riles34

Joe’s sentiment is very much in the majority I think.  If you are watching your value for money this may be a proposition that just isn’t there for the vast majority of the customer base.  But if you want a little piece of… (lux/VIP both not great descriptors for these modest perks but you know what I mean) and are willing to spring for this amount vs. thousands more for a suite or other line’s offerings like the YC or Haven for these perks you then it might be just right for you.  Getting on early, the room being ready, the priority line at GS and the early debarkation make it worth the modest extra pp in our book.  The demand is certainly there.  I am going to watch it to see how long it takes to sell out.

Cheers. Mark  

13 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

If anyone purchases soon, it'd be interesting to see if their online check in date changes from 14 to 16 days. Hopefully we'll get reports one way or the other!

I just bought it and mine did not change. 89.95 for a 5 day cruise. If I get confirmation that I have to adhere to a check in time, I will cancel though. I see no benefit if that is the case. 

Edited by asalligo
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I just bought it and mine did not change. 89.95 for a 5 day cruise. If I get confirmation that I have to adhere to a check in time, I will cancel though. I see no benefit if that is the case. 

There were check-in times before Covid, and FTTF/Priority guests ignore those times and show up early. The check-in times aren't anything new.

22 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

There were check-in times before Covid, and FTTF/Priority guests ignore those times and show up early. The check-in times aren't anything new.

Yes, check in times have been in place for a long time, but as a long time purchaser of FTTF I can tell you that pre covid you could buy FTTF and have a check in time of 1:30 and just ignore it and get into the terminal at 10:00. That is the perk I am most interested in with FTTF and something was posted yesterday on Heald's account inferring this may no longer be a perk allowed. 

Edited by asalligo

15 minutes ago, IrishSails said:

It shows up for my cruise but won’t let me put it in my cart. We depart 12/19. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

Make sure you click on the direct link to FTTF excursion first before adding it to the cart - I've read a lot of other people having the same issue.

21 minutes ago, IrishSails said:

It shows up for my cruise but won’t let me put it in my cart. We depart 12/19. Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

because it is by cabin not buy person.I couldn’t get it to work on my phone but when I switch to my laptop it popped up with a different screen where you chose which cabin/person. Until you get to that screen you haven’t really put it in your cart. Make sure you just do it for one person not both because it is by cabin not buy person.

Do you think its worth it for Celebration ship? This will be my 2nd cruise. It's $150. We will be using Carnival transportation for disembarkation, don't have tender ports where we are going, and John Heald said that guaranteed stateroom isn't 100% guaranteed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bulldogsoc said:

Joe’s sentiment is very much in the majority I think.  If you are watching your value for money this may be a proposition that just isn’t there for the vast majority of the customer base.  But if you want a little piece of… (lux/VIP both not great descriptors for these modest perks but you know what I mean) and are willing to spring for this amount vs. thousands more for a suite or other line’s offerings like the YC or Haven for these perks you then it might be just right for you.  Getting on early, the room being ready, the priority line at GS and the early debarkation make it worth the modest extra pp in our book.  The demand is certainly there.  I am going to watch it to see how long it takes to sell out.

Cheers. Mark  

If FTTF had to stick to the arrival time, then getting on board early isn't really one of the perks.

Ds and Ps also have to stick to their times, but they can check in online 2 days early, which generally translates to being able to board early. 

Apparently, 16 day check in is not a FTTF perk. 

26 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

because it is by cabin not buy person.I couldn’t get it to work on my phone but when I switch to my laptop it popped up with a different screen where you chose which cabin/person. Until you get to that screen you haven’t really put it in your cart. Make sure you just do it for one person not both because it is by cabin not buy person.

I've tried with my phone and computer, going both directly through FTTF link and Shore Excursions. Never get the ability to chose person/cabin, and not going into my cart... any ideas?

As a cruiser with three small children and all of their accompanying crap, FTTF has historically been worth it just to drop our stuff off in the room first thing.  The other "perks" are a bonus, but there will come a point where the cost is just too much.  Not sure what that point is yet, but I'm keeping an eye on it.  We don't sail again until Dec 2023 so I've got time to stalk CC and see what y'all have to say.

• Like 1