Faster To The Fun is back...

Riles34

12 minutes ago, IrishSails said:

One more question. The order summery says 8:00-9:00. Does that mean that’s our check in time? Seems way too early.

Thanks we are so excited!

I would ignore the 8-9 time, check ins rarely start earlier than 1030 as they have to get all the people from the previous sailing off the ship before they can start your check in/sailling.  More specific time will show up later once you are allowed to do online check in.

8 minutes ago, ctlyf said:

I've tried with my phone and computer, going both directly through FTTF link and Shore Excursions. Never get the ability to chose person/cabin, and not going into my cart... any ideas?

That's frustrating!  Could be a few reasons - if your sailing is still very far out, it could be that it's just not actually available for purchase yet.  It could also just be a glitch and you need to try again later.  It may also mean that a bunch of people hopped on it quick and it is already sold out for your trip.

I would much prefer Carnival milking people for $$$ with this than nickel and dimeing and cutting back on other stuff.

I doubt the cabins being ready upon boarding ever comes back since that is from Carnival's insistance on saving money on staffing shortages versus anything covid related.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, asalligo said:

December 18th. My normal check in date was December 4th, I will certainly be checking all week started December 1st. 

Please keep us updated. 

We have a suite booked for our 8 day horizon cruise, so we wouldn't get it for that (though I checked price out of curiosity and it's $129.95)

But for our August Glory 7 day cruise we are interested.  But, with 3 cabins,  $390 is a lot!  Though with kids, an 82 year old, and medical equipment, we'd still consider it if it did a lot to make boarding day much easier. 

• Like 2

I doubt the cabins being ready upon boarding ever comes back 

As long as you can put your carry ons in the closet and not need to keep them with you until later then it is still worth that perk.  We drop off and then go explore and eat so they have plenty of time to complete the cabin.  

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

If FTTF had to stick to the arrival time, then getting on board early isn't really one of the perks.

Ds and Ps also have to stick to their times, but they can check in online 2 days early, which generally translates to being able to board early. 

Apparently, 16 day check in is not a FTTF perk. 

Although D&Ps can check in a couple of days early, it appears they do not have to stick to their check-in times that are assigned.  Similarly for FTTF.  From Mr. Heald this morning (my winky emoji):

...the order of boardings:

Diamond Guests and Suites

Platinum Guests from Cleveland, Ohio ( 😉 )

Platinum Guests

Faster to the Fun

Earliest Boarding time...

I'm sure there have been some confusing moments when D&Ps show up "early" to check-in with cruise terminal staff that haven't got the memo, but hopefully that gets fixed.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here is what is listed from the purchase page from our next cruise.  It certainly says rooms will be ready upon boarding.  I hope this is the case with D/P as well.

What you will get

(Note: VIFP Club Diamond & Platinum members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)
Priority Check-in
Priority Check-in

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes for initial embarkation at onset of cruise.

Guaranteed Stateroom
Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage
Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services
Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations
Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations (excluding Your Time Dining).

Priority Water Shuttle Boarding
Priority Water Shuttle Boarding

We hope you take advantage of Carnival's Excursions. If you choose to explore the destination on your own, you will have the option to choose a priority water shuttle from the ship to shore.

Debarkation
Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late debarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

19 minutes ago, Drazil65 said:

I doubt the cabins being ready upon boarding ever comes back 

As long as you can put your carry ons in the closet and not need to keep them with you until later then it is still worth that perk.  We drop off and then go explore and eat so they have plenty of time to complete the cabin.  

The purchase page says they will be ready upon boarding.

5 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have

55 minutes ago, Ladyfunk25 said:

That's frustrating!  Could be a few reasons - if your sailing is still very far out, it could be that it's just not actually available for purchase yet.  It could also just be a glitch and you need to try again later.  It may also mean that a bunch of people hopped on it quick and it is already sold out for your trip.

I was able to finally get it... have to go into the details, then your cabin shows up and you can add to cart. Perhaps that's the way it is with all excursions... I don't think I've tried to add an excursion straight from the main page 🤷‍♀️

I am tempted to purchase as I will have two small kids joining this cruise. The only perk would really be having the room ready, but I can't get over the $150 price tag for a 7 day Celebration cruise in February. Worth it with kids or no? Boarding previously went super fast (15 minutes)...decisions! 

16 minutes ago, ctlyf said:

I was able to finally get it... have to go into the details, then your cabin shows up and you can add to cart. Perhaps that's the way it is with all excursions... I don't think I've tried to add an excursion straight from the main page 🤷‍♀️

The same thing happened to me!  Got it for 2 cabins.  8 day on Sunshine $129.95 per cabin.

• Like 1

I bought it for my upcoming 5 day cruise out of galveston in large part because if my husband can get OFF the boat earlier and start seeing patients earlier on the day we disembark, it will more than pay for itself.  

I tried to buy it for my 12 day Europe sailing, but it was not available for that one. 

1 minute ago, john91498 said:

holy smokes, it's $150??? I thought it was $50 last time we thought about getting it...

Depends on the ship and sailing but looks like it will be $89-$150. $150 for my Celebration sailing in February. 

17 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

If anyone purchases soon, it'd be interesting to see if their online check in date changes from 14 to 16 days. Hopefully we'll get reports one way or the other!

I just purchased it for a 5 day cruise and my online check in date stayed the same.  

41 minutes ago, john91498 said:

holy smokes, it's $150??? I thought it was $50 last time we thought about getting it...

39 minutes ago, Riles34 said:

Depends on the ship and sailing but looks like it will be $89-$150. $150 for my Celebration sailing in February. 

Yeah, it's a sliding scale based on cruise duration, and the Excel class ships get an extra upcharge too.

It was $80 for a 7-day pre-COVID, IIRC.

For an 8-day we have upcoming on Magic, it would be $130.  

Shorter sailings are cheaper.  E.g.:

2 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

BTW:  It was listed as $89.95 for our 5 day out of N.O.  I added it to the cart, but didn't complete the purchase since we didn't need it.