On line check in

marnie2005

This is a bit trickier than it should be.  You need either to upload or take the picture with your Computer/Ipad/Iphone.  I found the digital pictures I had were not compatible.  Using my phone worked every time.  

Just know, when you get to the registration desk, they will take a new picture the day you board.  Kind of duplicate of details.  Just an FYI.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment.

Our recent Prima sailing we had to upload before then when in Haven lounge shoreside they came around with ipads and checked us in and took picture.  Kind of silly.

I like DCL is if you have a recent picture on file it can be used for a few years without having to take again.

• Like 2

only problem I think is that your edocs  do not get completed without photo, I have read that you can still board without edocs, just need your original email confirm from NCL (or maybe not, your name should show up somewhere as being a paid passenger?)   and of course passports, etc.  Last two cruises since this new online check in started, had photos taken again at the Port checking in.  Have no idea why this is required????????????  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, marnie2005 said:

Do you need to upload a pic for on line check in? Thanks!

The simple answer is "yes". A photo with mostly face, straight on into the camera with a solid background. That is what the workflow is looking for you to do. Whether the port folks take another photo is totally irrelevant to getting you checked in fast so that you can grab an early check-in time. Check in opens exactly 21 days prior to departure at midnight eastern time (US). 

• Thanks 2

2 things:  Has anyone elected the Priority Package on the Check In questions? It shows you receive: 

Priority Check in

Priority Disembarkation

$50 spa credit on port days each

Priority Tender

All of this for $99 per cabin.  Is there a real upside to this offer. It doesn't say if the Spa credit is on a $200 or more purchase or give more details. And isn't Priority check in only about 15 minutes difference before they start? 

Secondly, I couldn't find where to post a NEW question about this within the PRIMA boards.  Can anyone help me with this? 

Thank you!  

Sailing on the Prima Dec 11th.. check-in is today, so any thoughts are appreciated. PS.. I don't usually pay for this but the issue with getting reservations for the shows etc seem to be a problem. Unless they have worked this out by now. This is one of the few newer 5 day revenue sailings for Prima.