Saint Greg’s Carnival Celebration - Live - November 27-December 4, 2022

Saint Greg

I don’t know if you guys remember the guy who I talked to in p&a the other day who cruises 24 weeks a year. He’s behind me on the transfer bus again and talking

My ear off again. And I don’t think he remembers we talked the other day because he’s talking like that conversation never happened. Maybe because I wasn’t wearing my hat on the ship. But man he likes to talk.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

30 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

This transfer cost me $36. Well it was mostly OBC. But it would’ve been 36. Here are the current Uber/Lyft prices

A73F355E-EADB-4868-83B5-11E813F15C1F.jpeg

E84CB357-AADD-454C-B3F8-ED5F588F28EE.jpeg

I pre-booked my Lyft pick-up for when Celebration gets back on Dec 11th for $17.  Did the same vid the trip to port this am.  $17 plus tip

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Seating is a problem in the center stage area. Every big show I saw there, I stood for. Which I don’t mind. But when it’s so bad that you can’t find a place to stand and watch it, that’s a problem. Those pictures look pretty good right? But all of those my arms were stretched as high as possible because I was behind three videographers that stood up and held their camera up for the entire show and it’s the only way I could get a shot of the entire stage without them in it.

2C2389A4-1536-4AD3-BD61-D101AA008F86.jpeg

Did the standing videographers have seats?  If I was seated behind them I would want them to sit down.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t know if they’re combining this with a later transfer or if they’re standing out there selling tickets or what but we still have not left.

This happened with us on the Vista in July. Bought the 9am transfer ticket, on the bus around 8:45 and didn’t leave for another hour. People were fuming and a lot of talk about missing flights because of it. 

A couple of people hopped off and grabbed an Uber to avoid missing their flights. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Did the standing videographers have seats?  If I was seated behind them I would want them to sit down.

They probably won’t do it but for jubilee they need to take the bar out. Or move it closer to Havana and put another section of tiered seating there.

1 minute ago, gopackgo21 said:

This happened with us on the Vista in July. Bought the 9am transfer ticket, on the bus around 8:45 and didn’t leave for another hour. People were fuming and a lot of talk about missing flights because of it. 

A couple of people hopped off and grabbed an Uber to avoid missing their flights. 

My only other transfer was the opposite. In Seattle I had like a 9:30 and got to leave on an earlier bus.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

My only other transfer was the opposite. In Seattle I had like a 9:30 and got to leave on an earlier bus.

Maybe with current gas prices they are trying to maximize and wait until the bus is filled. When people were bitching, they said “The times don’t matter that you buy.”

I will stick to Uber from now on. Good luck! 

• Like 1