Royal Caribbean Deluxe Beverage Package?

I’m not sure where to post or find an answer to this. 

I’m trying to figure out if the Deluxe Beverage Package (alcohol) is worth the cost for me and my friends at today’s discounted amount of $72.99/day. We enjoy a bloody mary with breakfast, maybe a couple of fun drinks in the afternoon, wine with dinner, and a nightcap. Worth it to buy the package??

i know we can take wine onboard. Can you take your own wine to the dining room? Does that save money?

i appreciate any help and comments! 

19 minutes ago, GoGo 2 Three Boys said:

I’m not sure where to post or find an answer to this. 

I’m trying to figure out if the Deluxe Beverage Package (alcohol) is worth the cost for me and my friends at today’s discounted amount of $72.99/day. We enjoy a bloody mary with breakfast, maybe a couple of fun drinks in the afternoon, wine with dinner, and a nightcap. Worth it to buy the package??

i know we can take wine onboard. Can you take your own wine to the dining room? Does that save money?

i appreciate any help and comments! 

While the Royal Caribbean board is the best place to ask this (and this thread may be moved there) when we were onboard Royal a couple of years ago mixed drinks were $11 to $12 each. but they may have gone up since then because of inflation. At that price point you would need to consume about 7 drinks a day in order to break even, or a combination of mixed drinks and other included beverages. You would also need to consume this each day of the cruise, including of course when in port. Only you can answer if you would drink enough to justify the cost. You can bring your bottle of wine to the dining room but if you do then you may be charged a corkage fee (whether or not the staff opens it for you).

Breakeven is 6-7 drinks average a day so it’s up to you if you think it’s worth it.   Based on what you said, it’s going to be closer to 5 drinks a day.  Now you also get bottled water, coffee and soda with that so if you usually drink those items it would more than likely make up the difference.

Current cocktails such as pina coladas, margay and such are now $14 plus tips.  Break even is 5-6 of those per day.  Wine is a few dollars less.  You can bring 2 bottles of wine per cabin.  I ask the cabin attendant for wine glasses and bring one to dinner each night.  I’ve found I can do 3 MAYBE 4 drinks consistently but 5/6 is too much for me after the first few days.  But I am old and a lightweight!

The refreshment package is $20 a day it includes everything the deluxe beverage package has except alcohol. The specialty coffee, soda, mock tails, smoothies, shakes, water and juice is included in both packages. So if you spend $70 a day on The deluxe beverage package you need to consume 4 to 5 alcohol drinks per day to break even. $50 a day in just alcohol. Of course if you’re diamond it would not make sense because you get 4 drinks a day. So I buy the $20 and get 4 free alcohol drinks a day. 

40 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Breakeven is 6-7 drinks average a day so it’s up to you if you think it’s worth it.   Based on what you said, it’s going to be closer to 5 drinks a day.  Now you also get bottled water, coffee and soda with that so if you usually drink those items it would more than likely make up the difference.

Don’t forget about the fresh squeezed orange juice and shakes! 

• Haha 1

As far as the OP question, it's never added up for us.  Maybe 1, maybe 2 days...but not every day of the cruise.  Not even close.  But as others have said here, you have to make your own assessment of course. 

Not to horn in on your thread, but me and wife had a discussion earlier about this that might apply.  I've always thought if one passenger in a stateroom buys the deluxe drink package, then the other adult in the stateroom has to buy it also.  My wife thinks she read somewhere [maybe here on CC?] that the second passenger in a stateroom only has to buy the 'classic beverage' package?  That might cut the ultimate cost in half almost if true.  Does anyone know if that is true or not?  We still couldn't come close to making it cost beneficial, but curious nonetheless.