For embarkation day, purchasing port transfers without a hotel

JHLH821

We prefer to arrange our own hotel accommodations but wish to know if Oceania offers the option for non-hotel package guests to arrange/purchase space on a shuttle to the ship on embarkation day.

Thank you,

Leta

16 minutes ago, llhillman said:

We prefer to arrange our own hotel accommodations but wish to know if Oceania offers the option for non-hotel package guests to arrange/purchase space on a shuttle to the ship on embarkation day.

Thank you,

Leta

Are you staying at the same hotel that Oceania is using?

24 minutes ago, llhillman said:

Thank you,

Leta

pretty sure that transfers are now included for folks that use O air but don’t purchase the hotel piece. But that’s probably only good on day of embark/disembark and only between airport and cruiseport. Call O for correct info (or ask your TA to get the info.

Even if you could purchase the hotel-cruise terminal transport from O, remember that all their travel related charges are “per person.” 
Why not prebook the transfer with the concierge at your embarkation city hotel. I’m betting it would be less expensive than O’s charges. Or- just arrange your own (check mozio.com for average airport et al. travel transfer cost).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

pretty sure that transfers are now included for folks that use O air but don’t purchase the hotel piece. But that’s probably only good on day of embark/disembark and only between airport and cruiseport. Call O for correct info (or ask your TA to get the info.

Even if you could purchase the hotel-cruise terminal transport from O, remember that all their travel related charges are “per person.” 
Why not prebook the transfer with the concierge at your embarkation city hotel. I’m betting it would be less expensive than O’s charges. Or- just arrange your own (check mozio.com for average airport et al. travel transfer cost).

we will most likely book a transfer at our hotel- I will check out mozio.com, am not familiar with them. we are not staying at the Oceania hotel.  thank you

Yep.  We always find our own transportation from ship to hotel (or ship to port).  We generally need to do so anyway since most of the time we are arriving early and leaving late.  But there have been a few times when, for example, we debarked at Southampton a few years ago and needed to go into London.  I pre-ordered a car service for 6 of us.  Far cheaper than O's bus transport.

The one exception to this was on our last Renaissance cruise in early 2000:  we landed in Athens and happened to be on a flight that had many Ren passengers on it. There was a transport waiting for them to go to the three hotels Ren was using.  So we just got on and no one asked to see a "ticket".

Won't ever happen again, I am sure.

Mura

14 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Mozio.com is a search engine for private airport and related transfers. At a minimum, it gives you a “ball park” idea.

Since you do your own air, I assume you use ITA Matrix in your comparative air tix research. 

Correct, I refer to ITA Matrix and have identified a flight schedule we will most likely take- just waiting for the calendar to open.  Thank you