Ovation on hold in Vila

Hogbay

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s unusual that they supplement the consistent missed mystery island by being anchored in Vila bay. It would be good if the passengers could get off but from my experience they can’t.

They had the tenders going from early to late when we were there on Quantum 

On 12/27/2022 at 9:43 AM, bretts173 said:

Just realised I have the dreaded Vila followed by Mystery island double next week on Ovation. We are not scheduled to leave Vila until 8PM. With the beetle problem well known, why would they schedule such a late departure.

There you go, just got the email advising change of itinerary. Instead of overnighting in Vila we are going to Mystery first then Vila. So 1 full day instead of 1.5 in Vila. No big deal for me however plenty have organised to go to fire show the first night and even a couple supposed to be getting married that day. Hope for everyones sake the weather is kind at mystery and we actually get there or there will be some cranky individuals.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bretts173 said:

There you go, just got the email advising change of itinerary. Instead of overnighting in Vila we are going to Mystery first then Vila. So 1 full day instead of 1.5 in Vila. No big deal for me however plenty have organised to go to fire show the first night and even a couple supposed to be getting married that day. Hope for everyones sake the weather is kind at mystery and we actually get there or there will be some cranky individuals.

That’s on the 4th ,the next cruise?

Your currently on the N.Z.cruise .

3 hours ago, bretts173 said:

Good decision.

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Are these beetles just a Royal pain in the butt?

Pacific Adventure spent yesterday in Vila and are just about to arrive at anchor off Mystery Island.

I was chatting to someone the other day and they think it’s the locals giving Royal Caribbean the cold shoulder.

I wonder if it’s some kind of tribal politics going on that’s got links with Lelepa ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I was chatting to someone the other day and they think it’s the locals giving Royal Caribbean the cold shoulder.

I wonder if it’s some kind of tribal politics going on that’s got links with Lelepa ?

Someone is talking with a forked tongue. Sadly, it is the passengers that have to suffer the fallout.

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Someone is talking with a forked tongue. Sadly, it is the passengers that have to suffer the fallout.

True,it is the passengers are the ones , no compensation as in port fees or $50 OBC.
Royal Caribbean share holders wouldn’t give a rat’s.

The beetle issue is supposed to be an issue if they leave Vila at dusk or later, attracted by the lights on the ship. As the ship left was due to leave at 6pm, that may be cutting it close, as sunset is around 6.25pm.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Are these beetles just a Royal pain in the butt?

Pacific Adventure spent yesterday in Vila and are just about to arrive at anchor off Mystery Island.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I think this may be closer to the mark.

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I think this may be closer to the mark.

It could have some merit mic.

1. Take you bat and ball and go somewhere else ,you are going to anyway.

2. Or there mates on Lelepa aren’t getting the deal  they thought ??
3. All of the above.

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Pacific adventure has spent a fun filled day at Mystery Island today.

Whats the chances of Ovation in the next few days?

Well, sort of.

Tendering was very slow due to it being a bit rough at the tender jetty. Not all passengers made it ashore. Slow tendering and larger ships aren't a great combo for these tender ports.

The bigger the ship, the more perfect the conditions need to be.