Post cruise survey

When filling out the survey, it asks if you were asked by any crew member to provide positive ratings/feedback on the survey?

Of course, we were. Their jobs depend on getting 10s. Waiters lose tables if they get less than 10. Heck even the Maitre D during his speech in the main dining room at dinner mentioned how important it was to get a 10.

Is it a big negative for the staff to mark Yes to this question? If I do, will it then ask me who requested the positive scores? 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

When filling out the survey, it asks if you were asked by any crew member to provide positive ratings/feedback on the survey?

Of course, we were. Their jobs depend on getting 10s. Waiters lose tables if they get less than 10. Heck even the Maitre D during his speech in the main dining room at dinner mentioned how important it was to get a 10.

Is it a big negative for the staff to mark Yes to this question? If I do, will it then ask me who requested the positive scores? 

It won’t ask you who asked you.  It only asks if some one did.  

We just got off a cruise and no one said anything about the survey.  When I was complimenting a particular crew member on exceptional service, she asked if I would send an email to her manager to that effect.  I said I would -- and did.  But I initiated the exchange and no mention was made of the survey.

I actually didn't put 10 for everything.  It's a ridiculous system if everyone just puts down 10.  Even exceptional ships and cruises can be improved.  That said, I never give less than a 9 without good reason.  For example, I gave food options in WJ a "6" b/c lunch consisted of almost the same exact food every day.  I recognize there will be repeats of favorites (burgers, etc.) but the lack of variety in main dishes and salads was noticeable.  I did give service a 10 because it was great.

I gave the spa (which I know is a vendor) a "2" b/c they left me in the "relaxation" room for 15 minutes (10 minutes beyond my booking time), where I was forced to listen to an acupuncture lecture and the speaker kept backing up into me.  Then my massage started out with a pitch for products and extras.  It was not a good experience.

Bar service was slow at the pool bar and I said so.  In particular, they ignored people with soda containers until there was no one else left.  In one case, a bartender was making some sort of pre-mix while 9 people waited to be served. 

If I run a business, I want to know if there are issues b/c that's the only way I can fix them.  Everyone telling me it's perfect (when I have to know it isn't) makes it impossible for me to put the resources where they are needed.  

Now I'm hoping that my occasional 9 isn't going to get someone fired.  Seriously.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

Answer the PCS questions honestly based on your positive or negative experiences. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

Thank you for the replies. I did answer honestly based on my experience. Fortunately, everything involving service was truly a 10. The crew was excellent! 

Excellent. 😉

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, Tlbecker1 said:

It won’t ask you who asked you.  It only asks if some one did.  

And if one of these idiotic customer service questionnaires asks you to name the crew, tell it to sod off!

Nicely of course. computer programs have feelings too. 

Edited by DirtyDawg

If you say "yes" are you getting someone in trouble? What if they told the waiters they have to ask for a 10, and you answer "no"? Then you're getting your waiter into trouble.  I never know what to say for that question. I always think if I answer "no" they know I'm lying and they throw out my survey. 

We've had 2 waiters remind us that we'll be getting a survey and that it's really important for them to get feedback, and asked that we please fill them out. Neither said anything about what rating we should give. 

I've been making a point to write down names of employees who have been extra helpful or kind because I've heard on cruise Critic that this can help them get time off or other bonuses.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ggo85 said:

If I run a business, I want to know if there are issues b/c that's the only way I can fix them.  Everyone telling me it's perfect (when I have to know it isn't) makes it impossible for me to put the resources where they are needed.  

I've managed several businesses, including a hotel and a sports facility.  I was very fluid in the facilities and always asked customers/guests about their experiences.  It's an essential part of management and human resources.  I wanted to know what was right, or wrong ... so improvements could be made.  For many, probably most crew on a cruise ship ... pay is low relative to other industries.  Lower-level, yet very important, crew are drawn from countries poorer than developed nations.  Positive guest comments become important when it comes to assignments, tip levels, wages, etc.  I honestly responded, and singled-out the room steward who did an excellent job, for his first contract on the ship.  I had no criticism for anyone on the crew, well ... I could have, for the Captain whose daily announcements were not understandable due to a poor PA system and his thick accent.  🙂

I asked our server about this question one night in the Main Dining Room.  He said he would ask his boss and get back to me.  The next night he said that his boss recommended not answering the question and go to the next question.  That’s what I’ve done ever since.

• Like 1