Does the drink package ever get discounted?

Dinglebert

Up until now I would have said the drinks package at £40 a day was not worth it.  However, the price increases since our last P+O cruise means that it is now around the break even level.   I did wonder if there was going to be a black friday deal but no was the answer. 

Had anyone ever seen it discounted.  I know in the past it has been on offer as part of the package price but more interested if it has been discounted after cruise has been bought.

Formal night sees a higher percentage of passengers go to the main dining room. On traditional ships, dining room

capacity is designed to seat the entire guest capacity across two sittings.

On Iona/Arvia, with full freedom dining, this is an issue as capacity is below expected demand. The Chefs Table was introduced to compensate for the lack of capacity.

It is a dedicated area in the Horizon buffet. It serves the Celebration night menu, waiter service. You are given a free, fixed, wine pairing. The food is the same, from the same chefs, in the same main galley.

For me, this isn’t the premium booking as designed on other ships, but is free - and apparently really popular.

13 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Formal night sees a higher percentage of passengers go to the main dining room. On traditional ships, dining room

capacity is designed to seat the entire guest capacity across two sittings.

On Iona/Arvia, with full freedom dining, this is an issue as capacity is below expected demand. The Chefs Table was introduced to compensate for the lack of capacity.

It is a dedicated area in the Horizon buffet. It serves the Celebration night menu, waiter service. You are given a free, fixed, wine pairing. The food is the same, from the same chefs, in the same main galley.

For me, this isn’t the premium booking as designed on other ships, but is free - and apparently really popular.

Posted in the wrong place. Sorry