Will shorts get me through the 4 days?

raphael360

I apologize for the very silly question, but I am trying to determine if I can wear shorts the entire cruise, including dinner at the Wake. I can bring dress pants if I need to, but hoping not to need to.

my past few cruises have been on SEABOURN, so this is different, new and exciting. 

would love to hear from anyone who has been on a VV cruise. 

Edited by raphael360
sic

I'm pretty sure my husband wore "dress shorts" with a nice shirt and an eccentric coat for The Wake back in June. 

Honestly, I think whatever you wear will be fine. It's truly a non-judgy cruise. The Pajama Party is usually the first night too, so you'll probably see jammies at dinner. 

Absolutely, you can.  A t-shirt and shorts can take you everywhere on the ship.  In fairness, you'll see some people a bit more dressed up and some a lot more dressed up, but there is no dress code and no dirty looks anywhere.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, raphael360 said:

I apologize for the very silly question, but I am trying to determine if I can wear shorts the entire cruise, including dinner at the Wake. I can bring dress pants if I need to, but hoping not to need to.

my past few cruises have been on SEABOURN, so this is different, new and exciting. 

would love to hear from anyone who has been on a VV cruise. 

Yep, no dress code on the VV ships, though it was interesting to me how it seems more people were dressing up for dinner on VV than other ships I've sailed. I would just suggest something other than gym shorts, but I work my dress shorts to dinner every evening except Test Kitchen and The Wake. But that was just my choice. 

On 11/25/2022 at 8:51 PM, Cloud9 Bob said:

Can you? Yes, absolutely.

That said, I personally like to bring a long pair of cotton cargo  pants with me. I'm a bit old school and I would rather have them for Saturday evening dinner.

I'm all about looking nice for dinner, but cargo pants?!? Seriously? Is it 1999? 😆

Edited by gordiej