Cruise Later deposit booking?

sunviking90

On a recent cruise I purchased cruise later deposits for each of us with the plan to book something when we got home. I could be mistaken, but I am sure I had seen these FCCs showing in my account about a week later. Anyway, now when I log into my account, there is just a blank future cruise booking with a number. I was trying to book a cruise online, and I can’t see any way to apply my Cruise later deposits. I do have the email confirmations too, but no numbers on them. Is this something I’ll have to call in to do?

4 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

On a recent cruise I purchased cruise later deposits for each of us with the plan to book something when we got home. I could be mistaken, but I am sure I had seen these FCCs showing in my account about a week later. Anyway, now when I log into my account, there is just a blank future cruise booking with a number. I was trying to book a cruise online, and I can’t see any way to apply my Cruise later deposits. I do have the email confirmations too, but no numbers on them. Is this something I’ll have to call in to do?

Was the cruise you were on booked through a TA?  If so, the Future Cruise reservations will be assigned to that TA (except in the rare case where you direct otherwise) and you will have to complete the booking through that TA.

Edited by mahdnc

Just now, mahdnc said:

Was the cruise you were on booked through a TA?  If so, the Future Cruise reservations will be assigned to that TA (except in the rare case where you direct otherwise) and you will have to complete the booking through that TA.

No, I booked it myself through Celebrity.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

We did the same during our cruise in September, i.e., on the last full day of our cruise, we plunked down a minimal deposit as part of the "Book Now or Book Later" deal. For that, we literally only received a paper receipt showing our names, the $200 deposit, and a confirmation number on the transaction.

Once we returned home, our Celebrity account did not "show/reflect" that deposit, and it showed a weird, non-specific "future cruise" date of 2099 or something wayyyy distant.

Ultimately, we again booked our next Celebrity cruise by ourselves online (within one week!) and our deposit -- and, more importantly, the onboard credit -- were applied to our reservation.

Bottom line, Celebrity does a poor job of making things easy online. We just took a sort of leap of faith, armed with that silly paper receipt and an email confirmation in case anything went sideways. Hopefully, you will experience the same!

Hope this helps,

cjr

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

We did the same during our cruise in September, i.e., on the last full day of our cruise, we plunked down a minimal deposit as part of the "Book Now or Book Later" deal. For that, we literally only received a paper receipt showing our names, the $200 deposit, and a confirmation number on the transaction.

Once we returned home, our Celebrity account did not "show/reflect" that deposit, and it showed a weird, non-specific "future cruise" date of 2099 or something wayyyy distant.

Ultimately, we again booked our next Celebrity cruise by ourselves online (within one week!) and our deposit -- and, more importantly, the onboard credit -- were applied to our reservation.

Bottom line, Celebrity does a poor job of making things easy online. We just took a sort of leap of faith, armed with that silly paper receipt and an email confirmation in case anything went sideways. Hopefully, you will experience the same!

Hope this helps,

cjr

Thanks, that is exactly wha ours looks like so it does help! 
The cruise im looking at is already in full payment date, so I’ll have to see if it comes off of the total. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

Thanks, that is exactly wha ours looks like so it does help! 
The cruise im looking at is already in full payment date, so I’ll have to see if it comes off of the total. 

I was never aware that you could book those online.  We have always called and booked directly with Celebrity after getting home with the strange little "receipt".  That would sure be nice to be able to do it yourself without calling.  Please report back with your experience!

• Like 2

Ultimately, we again booked our next Celebrity cruise by ourselves online (within one week!) and our deposit -- and, more importantly, the onboard credit -- were applied to our reservation.”

So, did you have to put down the usual $450 deposit when you booked and then had your $100 future cruise deposit applied as on board credit, or were you able to book on line with just the $100 future cruise deposit?

8 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

Ultimately, we again booked our next Celebrity cruise by ourselves online (within one week!) and our deposit -- and, more importantly, the onboard credit -- were applied to our reservation.”

So, did you have to put down the usual $450 deposit when you booked and then had your $100 future cruise deposit applied as on board credit, or were you able to book on line with just the $100 future cruise deposit?

No, when we booked our next (upcoming) cruise, the $200 we paid onboard ($100 per person) at the end of our September cruise was the only down payment we had to make. That was part of the attraction/reason we committed some dough right away.

cjr

15 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

Wow.  That’s great news.  Previously, I had to call to get a new cruise set up using the booked-on-board deposit.  

We've booked two Celebrity cruises entirely by ourselves, both online, and the second one was "pre-booked" using the "Book Now or Book Later" thing, but we've had ZERO problems so far.

I hope your experience proves likewise!

cjr

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

So, nothing to report back as I decided to go with another cruiseline that we also had cruise deposits for. 

I presume then your intention would be to use the future cruise deposit later at another time or will you let it lapse?