RCCL Harmony - Can you buy HDMI cables on board or in port?

karenor

I'd like to project content from my phone or computer to the TV in my stateroom. Is there a shop on board, or in port,  that sells cables and possibly converters? Of course I have lots at home, but might splurge on one to enjoy on the cruise if I can track down such a thing. Doubting I can "borrow" one from staff. Or borrow from a fellow cruiser (we're sailing right now, departed on the 26th) (where on here to ask?). Thank you!

57 minutes ago, karenor said:

I'd like to project content from my phone or computer to the TV in my stateroom. Is there a shop on board, or in port,  that sells cables and possibly converters? Of course I have lots at home, but might splurge on one to enjoy on the cruise if I can track down such a thing. Doubting I can "borrow" one from staff. Or borrow from a fellow cruiser (we're sailing right now, departed on the 26th) (where on here to ask?). Thank you!

We "always" bring whatever we need with us...and these are a must.. However whether you can purchase one will depend on what ports you'll be in. No, they don't sell these onboard.

1 hour ago, karenor said:

We'd all like to do that, it's not as easy at it seems.  You could probably find a cable in a port, but figuring out how to get to the source is a lot trickier than you think, as RCL has purposely shut those buttons out of their remote.  I'd suggest you figure out how to get to the HDMI source before buying a cable.

U will need both an HDMI cable and a universal remote. We use this one from GE which we purchased on Amazon, but you may be able to find a similar one in port

:

GE Universal Remote Control for Samsung, Vizio, LG, Sony, Sharp, Roku, Apple TV, TCL, Panasonic, Smart TVs, Streaming Players, Blu-ray, DVD, 4-Device, Silver, 33709

• Thanks 2

We haven't needed the universal remote onboard any longer. We've been able to change the input with our cabin remote then use our Firestick remote.

We also haven't had any problems on the five RCI ships we sailed on this year getting this to work so we could watch Netflix or Amazon Prime etc.

Edited by Ashland