Is ship time zone the same as local time?

mkkao924

We will be on Carnival Panorama March next year, and we will visit Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlan. I am wondering if the ship time matches the local time? For example, our Puerto Vallarta port day is 9am to 9pm, and we have our excursion booked at 11am at Aquaventuras Park. Will we have enough time to get there? Looks like it will take 15 minutes or so for Uber to go from cruise port (I understand we need to walk out of the terminal to take Uber) to the park.

How about Cabo San Lucas? I know Cabo will be a tender port so we need to reserve more time.

1 hour ago, mkkao924 said:

We will be on Carnival Panorama March next year, and we will visit Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlan. I am wondering if the ship time matches the local time? For example, our Puerto Vallarta port day is 9am to 9pm, and we have our excursion booked at 11am at Aquaventuras Park. Will we have enough time to get there? Looks like it will take 15 minutes or so for Uber to go from cruise port (I understand we need to walk out of the terminal to take Uber) to the park.

How about Cabo San Lucas? I know Cabo will be a tender port so we need to reserve more time.

While most cruise lines in most cases adjust the ship's clock to match local port time, Carnival tends to be the major exception and seemingly more often than not does not adjust ship's time to match the local port time. Someone who has cruised on Carnival on that particular itinerary may be able to give you a more precise answer .

I mostly sail on Princess (a subsidiary of Carnival), and mostly on the Mex Riviera itinerary.  The answer is "it depends."  According to the Princess representatives, it is up to each captain as to whether his/ her ship will adjust their clocks or not.  I know this does not help you plan your excursions.  I wish the cruise lines would all adopt one policy!  This "it depends" policy might be intended to coerce passengers to buy Ship's Excursions instead of private excursions.  Kind of like the tender policy of giving tender priority to passengers booked on Ship's Excursions -- book the more expensive Ship's Excursion so you don't have to worry about these things!!

Have a great cruise.