Jim_Iain - Solstice LIVE Mexico Riveria B2B - December 3 and 11

Jim_Iain

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Been busy loading up Audio Books on my iPhone.    A CC members recommended using my Local Library and Hoopla.    This option has saved me a bundle.   It's incredible the resources in our Public Libraries at our fingertips.

Here's what's up on my Book List -

Chris Carter -  07 - I am Death

Jefferson Bass - 09 - Gallery of the Dead

Joe R Lansdle - 09 Honky Tonk Samurai

John Sanford  - 23 Silken Prey

Karen Slaughter -  Grant County - 04 Indelible

Patricia Cornwell - Win Grano - 02 At Risk

I should have pulled out some wine like Charla! All caught up. And this reminds me I need to get caught up on the Sanford series!

Margaret

2 hours ago, Stratford1950 said:

Isn’t it great getting older…glad it went well now focus on your cruise🧐

I always say -   It's better than the alternative.    Cruise is #1 priority now.    We are both packed except the shaving kits, toothbrushes etc.  

Tomorrow morning I will be able to download our boarding passes.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, amcco said:

I should have pulled out some wine like Charla! All caught up. And this reminds me I need to get caught up on the Sanford series!

Margaret

Sanford is one of my favorites and I pace myself so I don't run out of them.  He released 32 - Righteous Prey in 2022.   I still have 9 on my phone to listen to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, juanrod said:

Enjoying another great trip report.  It is 50 out in socal already driving home tonight could see the rain clouds gathering 

It really came down hard here between 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM    Suppose to now just be scattered showers. 

Just checked Weatherunderground for LA and is looking nice for Saturday.

Thanks for inviting us to be a part of your cruise.  I will be doing Mexican riviera next month and I am hoping to see the 🐳 whales.   
ok I have to ask , how much do you walk-in 3 hours , is it brisk or leisurely walk

have an amazing cruise and look forward to all your stories and info 

Bon voyage 

Hello! I have just finished reading all responses to your initial post and I must say I am impressed this thread is already on page 10 and the cruise doesn't start for 2 more days! 

I have read many of your past posts and but am also mostly a lurker rather than a poster 🙂 My husband Michael (never reads CC) and I will be on the second leg Dec 11. We are also really happy not to have to fly to the east coast to board the ship!  

I will be following along this week - hope you have a fabulous time and look forward to hopefully running into you in Michael's club or on the ship somewhere 🙂

• Like 1

Hi Jim,

Thanks for getting back to regarding the excursion in Canada.  Small world.  We live in Niskayuna so very close to Ballston Lake.  Fortunately we get much less snow these days but still the cold.  So looking forward to following along with you on this cruise. 

Vicky

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'll post a You Tube on it.   Basically you plug it in -  they have a pup up to go to a webpage to facilitate log onto Celebrity.

To select Source -    I have a blog post below with pictures

https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/4883390713075263858/8751576541081482974

Hi Jim, do I need a mini router to use the Amazon fire stick?

12 hours ago, marcop said:

Thanks for inviting us to be a part of your cruise.  I will be doing Mexican riviera next month and I am hoping to see the 🐳 whales.   
ok I have to ask , how much do you walk-in 3 hours , is it brisk or leisurely walk

have an amazing cruise and look forward to all your stories and info 

Bon voyage 

I walk around 10 miles or 21,000 steps.    I have to admit I do take a break.    My halfway point is a Starbucks in an adjacent town where I grab a Triple Shot.  That's my reward.  

When I first retired I found I was packing on  pounds just sitting around doing nothing, so I bought a Fitbit.    Initially I set up the reminder to get up an walk 100 steps an hour.    Shortly, I was   taking my first 1 mile walk and was amazed how easy it was.   I just kept gradually increasing until I got to 10 miles and have been doing it for about 5-6 years.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, janbear said:

Hello! I have just finished reading all responses to your initial post and I must say I am impressed this thread is already on page 10 and the cruise doesn't start for 2 more days! 

I have read many of your past posts and but am also mostly a lurker rather than a poster 🙂 My husband Michael (never reads CC) and I will be on the second leg Dec 11. We are also really happy not to have to fly to the east coast to board the ship!  

I will be following along this week - hope you have a fabulous time and look forward to hopefully running into you in Michael's club or on the ship somewhere 🙂

Thanks for you compliments.     Feel free to jump in and let others know how you are enjoying your cruise.   Iain is much the same as your husband and has never logged onto CC.   I do read some of the more interesting or funny posts.

I know so many on CC that lurk and no longer post.  The most common reason is they feel that every time the comment someone posts snarky comments.  Unfortunately that is common on any forum where people can hide behind a handle.

CC has a really nice feature available by clicking your Icon -   Ignore User.   I have a number of people that are consistently very negative and I prefer to just use this feature instead of reading their vitriol.  

We will definitely be in Michael's Club for a light breakfast and about 7:30 in the evening for drinks.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

Just caught up on all the posts and you haven’t even sailed yet!  Happy to see you and Iain are going on a cruise this weekend!  Safe travels there and looking forward to your live review!

Bonnie

Thanks Bonnie .    Suddenly the cruise is becoming real.    Packing is mostly finished and so happy the storm has moved on and we have a nice sunny but chilly morning (35 F).   I may have to use my puffer for the fist time as the high is only to be 55.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The last two Zenith parties I've attended were held in Blu.

Same for us on Silhouette, Millennium and Summit.  On the New England cruise the Chief had sourced Canadian Lobster and was one of the offering.    It's nice to have the lunch to meet others  now that many of the Zenith's that don't travel in Retreat no longer have access to Retreat lounge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PANIN36 said:

Hope you and Iain have a fantastic B2B sailing Jim. Looking forward to your report and of course, those wonderful pictures.

I just started reading and hope to catch up by the time of your embarkation!

Vien

Thanks Vien.      Unfortunately when these Lives get so lively I find it difficult myself to go back and find a picture or comment I made.   I wish the search function worked better.

2 hours ago, Eastern flygirl said:

Jim——Don’t forget the passports.  I will be following along, always enjoy your posts.  

I don't think I will ever do that again.     I now put a stick on the front door with a reminder.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, venicecruiser said:

Just happened to go on Cruisecritic this am and saw your thread.  I thought you were not cruising again until April!

Happy to see I will have a new "live from" to read each morning!!!

Have a wonderful, safe trip.

Claudia

Claudia  - 

That was the original plan but once we got back from the New England Cruise  I went looking and found this close by cruise.   Couldn't resist.    The timing worked perfect

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

Hi Jim, do I need a mini router to use the Amazon fire stick?

No mini router is required for either Fire Stick or Roku.   The mini router is just helpful so I don't have to log on every time I use the Firestick.   The mini-router stays logged on to the internet account even when not in use

BTW you can also create a mini hotspot using you PC instead of a mini-router.  That's what I do when I have to use a VPN to spoof my location.   Good thing is that with Firestick you can download the VPN App and use it direct on the stick.

• Thanks 1

Welcome all.   

Well I got my Upgrade Rejections yesterday exactly at 4:00 PM (48 hours prior to departure).     This ship has been pretty well booked in Retreat since we booked in September.     I grabbed the last Sky Suite which is a accessible  Suite and hoped a SS would open up so I could change room but that also didn't happen.

A CS opened about two weeks ago but was about double my fare so I passed on it hoping to get an upgrade to it.   Unfortunately for me someone booked it a couple days later.

We are happy with a Sky or even an Aqua.     

For the second cruise,  I originally booked a SS but a CS opened at only $1,000 more so I grabbed it.    It was on the 11th floor which isn't my favorite.    A month later another opened on the 6th floor and I put it on hold until my agent could swap rooms for me.   

• Like 3

A little hack I do after booking is create a short cut to the room availability  screen for my cruise.    I just start a mock booking and get to the screen where it shows all the cabin class availability and book mark that page.    I can then check it daily very quickly for price drops or to see if a class opens up

Here's and example:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/booking-cruise/selectRoom/stateroomCategory?pID=SL08X007&sDT=2022-12-11&sCD=SL&sCT=CO&roomQuantity=1 

• Like 10

23 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Been busy loading up Audio Books on my iPhone.    A CC members recommended using my Local Library and Hoopla.    This option has saved me a bundle.   It's incredible the resources in our Public Libraries at our fingertips.

Here's what's up on my Book List -

Chris Carter -  07 - I am Death

Jefferson Bass - 09 - Gallery of the Dead

Joe R Lansdle - 09 Honky Tonk Samurai

John Sanford  - 23 Silken Prey

Karen Slaughter -  Grant County - 04 Indelible

Patricia Cornwell - Win Grano - 02 At Risk

In case you missed it, there’s a new Louise Penny out…A World of Curiosities…a new Gamache novel. 
Cathy

• Like 1