Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

50 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Someone mentioned earlier that I just didn't seem like myself this week. The truth is, they're right. There's a lot of stuff that I need to fix in my life, and drinking is probably one of them. I know that a lot of people like to really cut lose when they go on a cruise, but they're for the most part, light drinkers or something back home. Well, my everyday life pretty much revolves around drinking every night after work. I've tried to cut back, and have completely non drinking nights, but those are few and far between. What I've been consuming on board is about what I would drink on an average Monday evening. 

My goal when I get back home is to give it a much better effort. I assume that I'm doing terrible harm to my health, but that's a whole nother story. 

I'm about to dig my one pair of pants out of the bottom of my suitcase and start getting ready for dinner at Rudi's Sea Grill. I might go down to the bar and have a couple before dinner, but I'm going to try and pace myself better tonight. 

I know y'all are thinking "heck, he's never even come close to 15", which is true, but the drinks I've been having are pretty stout by design. Once I pass that certain point, I go from Jekyll to Hyde pretty quick...

Anyhoo, that's my problem to try and work on.........

Let the show continue...

Sid, Enjoy dinner at Rudi's.  That's my fav of the specialty restaurants on Mardi Gras.

And it is healthy to look at our lifestyles every once in awhile and try to change some things up.  

• Like 7

I was just browsing through the list of all you magnificent people who've been following along on my journey this week... At the end of the review I'm going to personally thank EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU... Thanks for putting up with my shenanigans...

Screenshot_20221206-171308.thumb.png.a0e4e76f4fa8da501d1992f36e5acb2c.png

Screenshot_20221206-171326.thumb.png.eac5bed60bdf4aad2d16e0f188397b75.png

Screenshot_20221206-171354.png

• Like 13

53 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Someone mentioned earlier that I just didn't seem like myself this week.

Funny thing is I thought you seemed more like yourself this week.  I follow you every day, and know your ups and downs, and this week you were excited to be back in Miami and on a cruise. It’s been nice to see you happy for while.  Just have to be careful with that devil that has its grip on you.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Irene225 said:

I could have written your last heartfelt post myself, complete with this meme follow up LOL
Thanks for always sharing so  honestly!  That is what keeps people following.  

xoxo 

Total honesty is the only thing I know.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Let's just say that I just discovered that there's more than one full Monty restroom on board... Sorry for flashing you, that's just the way Carnival designed it...

LOL.  It got to the point on the MG I made my husband stand in front of the door of some of those restrooms.  While Carnival tried to make everything hands free, the timers are so slow I could be done before the door ever fully closed and locked.  I was hoping they didn't repeat the same mistake on the Celebration.  Oh well, maybe the Jubilee will be better. 

• Like 2

Rudi's Sea Grill... When I started giving the waiter my order, I made it all the way to the end, and then he said "okay, what would you like for dessert?"... I told him that I don't eat dessert, and I'll just get another app. He says that he'll have to check with the chef. I just gave him my additional app, and hopefully there's no trouble here. I don't see what the big deal is. I'm just trying to trade one item for another...

PXL_20221206_230653905.jpg

• Like 9

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Apparently, this is the shrimp app... It's literally an inch long. If they try to hold out on the rest of my order I'll flip this table over.

PXL_20221206_232003469.thumb.jpg.8dd13e5cf31cdf0eb28e0539db32389a.jpg

PXL_20221206_232006153.jpg

I’m pretty sure that’s just a chef’s complimentary starter, from what I’ve seen most appetizers are MUCH bigger 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Rudi's Sea Grill... When I started giving the waiter my order, I made it all the way to the end, and then he said "okay, what would you like for dessert?"... I told him that I don't eat dessert, and I'll just get another app. He says that he'll have to check with the chef. I just gave him my additional app, and hopefully there's no trouble here. I don't see what the big deal is. I'm just trying to trade one item for another...

PXL_20221206_230653905.jpg

giphy.gif

• Like 1