Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

That was pretty much my day here... I'm definitely not going to be getting my money's worth out of the Cheers! Package tonight. If I want any chance of making a decent day in St Maarten, I'm going to have to be up and ready to go early tomorrow. I've been averaging ten or eleven hours of sleep every night so far, but I might have to cut some corners somewhere...

Thanks for taking us along, we were there in 2019 and didn't see as much as you did so Thank You!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Next, I just wandered in no particular direction. Left, right, up, down... I love the old buildings here. People in America don't appreciate old World architecture, and they just bulldoze buildings like these down and build new ones.

PXL_20221207_160317446.thumb.jpg.d1bb4f445820232cf02eaece595fb62e.jpg

PXL_20221207_160332980.thumb.jpg.01f2b30bd48dfdf9b85eeb644125a08c.jpg

PXL_20221207_160345001.thumb.jpg.e7d79cdefb8e849d1a851c9fedf67158.jpg

PXL_20221207_160459136.thumb.jpg.876c245468f1a40b3a381b61e34bc600.jpg

PXL_20221207_160520549.thumb.jpg.cc72e9ba8f2322894b9abe2ed202c880.jpg

PXL_20221207_160526238.jpg

If you haven't already, hopefully someday you'll have a chance to visit Havana! Talk about beautiful architecture! The detail and colors and textures are really something to behold. There's even a mysterious beauty to the buildings that are falling apart - like you KNOW those walls have seen some things. And the food in Havana is amazing! 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:. I love the old buildings here. People in America don't appreciate old World architecture, and they just bulldoze buildings like these down and build new ones.

I agree with you Sid.  I had the same exact thought when I was in the Mediterranean last month. 

• Like 3

Guess I'm going to do the Nonna's meatballs, veal marsala, broccoli and cauliflower, and spinach.

Doesn't really sound like me, but I'm trying to do different things... Also, I think they got rid of the tomahawk pork chop...

• Like 12

I'm only two courses in, but I'm already ready to get out of here... The lady on my left (with the HEAVIEST Southern accent I've ever heard, and I'm from the South) hasn't stopped talking for five seconds the entire time I've been here. She even talks while she's chewing...

The two other guys to my right also haven't stopped for even a single second, and I'm nowhere near drunk enough to take it... I almost want to just ask for the rest to go... 

***I don't mind listening to people talk, I just can't stand hearing about gambling... It's something that's just foreign to me. I'm not judging people who do it, I just would rather not hear someone go on and on and on about it... 

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 11
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

The talking lady is from Alabama, that explains it.

***No offense to anyone from Alabama, but...

Lol, I worked and have since retired in Alabama. Grew up in Miami.  Spent 23 years in the Air Force moving about.  I do enjoy it here, but I have zero southern accent.  A lot of people still say "you're not from around here are you" even though I've lived here for twenty years.  🤣 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

That was pretty much my day here... I'm definitely not going to be getting my money's worth out of the Cheers! Package tonight. If I want any chance of making a decent day in St Maarten, I'm going to have to be up and ready to go early tomorrow. I've been averaging ten or eleven hours of sleep every night so far, but I might have to cut some corners somewhere...

Really enjoyed seeing your SJ pictures, it was like seeing it for the first time. Even though I was in SJ in August we had a crappy port time, 3pm-11:59pm. By the time we got off the ship it was already getting dark so we just wandered around in the dark for a while not seeing much.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

The talking lady is from Alabama, that explains it.

***No offense to anyone from Alabama, but...

I lived down there for a long time but was actually born in St Louis so I guess I can't take offense.  They wouldn't claim me because I wasn't born under an Azalea Bush.

• Like 1