Upgrade Offer - opinions welcome!

mathed101

19 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I got an EXCELLENT upsale at a very reasonable price on my recent Eurodam cruise.  I would have taken it except that I had specific plans for my cabin.

Roy

I read your experience of watching the sides of the canal rise & fall through your window, and that sounded like a great experience too. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mathed101 said:

I just printed our luggage tags and they do say Priority on them so hopefully they will get to our room faster than the average. Our boarding pass still has a later time to board at 12:20 so I hope we will be able to still make it to the MDR for lunch. 

Ha. In theory. We were first to Port last month and bags first on empty luggage rack outside terminal. Didn't get bag to room until ship was moving 4 hours later. That was a 1 off but it happens. So much for priority luggage tag. 🤣 There will be bumps when traveling so just need to sail on. Would be nice to have tags scannable and tracked like airlines do. 🤔

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mathed101 said:

The first cabin I was offered was across from the Neptune Lounge so IDK if that is a best location or not? 

Usually near a door or elevator is busy and noisy but Neptune Suites are set back and usually the bathroom and closet area buffers the noise. But you also don't have as many people using the Lounge as the elevator/stairwell. Plus access to Lounge is from both Port and Starboard sides so not all Suite guests will use your side. Jumping across the hall to grab fruit, yogurt, juice, etc will be nice. Just remember what times the Lounge opens and closes. 

• Like 2

For us the great feature of the Neptune was the large balcony.  For me, I am on a cruise when I am having breakfast on my balcony and the larger balcony of a Neptune makes it an even better experience.  HAL does an amazing room service breakfast and I encourage you to consider having breakfast on your balcony every morning.  Just check out this current thread and you will see pics of breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill and Room Service and for me, the PG pales in comparison.  And yes, I am a fan of a great breakfast. lol.

Second on my list was the free laundry and dry cleaning/pressing.  Used it because we had it but honestly have sailed many times without it and haven't had any issues.

We are not fans at all of the Neptune Lounge.  We found it very disappointing and one of the least hospital lounges on the cruise ship.  It may have been just our experience and certainly it can change from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.

Best of luck.  The upgrade offer is a wonderful way for you to try it out and see if it is something that you would like to have always.  A common consensus is once you have a Neptune Suite you will always want one but this wasn't at all how we felt after sailing in one.  Different strokes, different folks.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbr663 said:

For us the great feature of the Neptune was the large balcony.  For me, I am on a cruise when I am having breakfast on my balcony and the larger balcony of a Neptune makes it an even better experience.  HAL does an amazing room service breakfast and I encourage you to consider having breakfast on your balcony every morning.  Just check out this current thread and you will see pics of breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill and Room Service and for me, the PG pales in comparison.  And yes, I am a fan of a great breakfast. lol.

LoL. My DW (and I) were quarantined for 6 days and she says she will never do room service again 🤣 I guess it's ingrained now. 

1 hour ago, cbr663 said:

We are not fans at all of the Neptune Lounge.  We found it very disappointing and one of the least hospital lounges on the cruise ship.  It may have been just our experience and certainly it can change from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.

The lounge has downgraded (repeated or deleted items) post covid but it depends on who is working as well as the passengers as we have met some great friends sitting around. Still nice to pop in and see what is going on. 

1 hour ago, cbr663 said:

Best of luck.  The upgrade offer is a wonderful way for you to try it out and see if it is something that you would like to have always.  A common consensus is once you have a Neptune Suite you will always want one but this wasn't at all how we felt after sailing in one.  Different strokes, different folks.  

Yes. We go back and forth depending the itinerary, number of days and of course cost. Used to do it more with daughter. But we don't need the space now but every now and then it's nice. 

2 hours ago, mathed101 said:

The first cabin I was offered was across from the Neptune Lounge so IDK if that is a best location or not? 

Oh, yeah. A few steps to the concierge, the snacks and the honor bar... couldn't be a better location than that! We also upgraded to a Neptune Suite last month on Eurodam and are now forever spoiled. Enjoy your suite life!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cbr663 said:

Thank you! We love to eat breakfast on our balcony and try to do it every day that we can onboard! I am sure that we will like sailing in a NS this trip as it is a special occasion for us. We want to cruise more and our budget just won't allow us to book NS straight up so we will look for upsells if necessary but we are pretty happy with a balcony as that is our must have.

2 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

Great location.  Congrats.

Thanks but I actually didn't take that first cabin! 😏 I opted to take one further towards the aft and on the starboard side of the ship. I am so happy to be able to get that one!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SKCruiser007 said:

Oh, yeah. A few steps to the concierge, the snacks and the honor bar... couldn't be a better location than that! We also upgraded to a Neptune Suite last month on Eurodam and are now forever spoiled. Enjoy your suite life!

Sounds like you enjoyed your upgrade!! I chose a cabin a bit down the way from the lounge though. I wasn't sure about being so close to the door of the lounge etc...but I sure can see how convenient it could be!

3 hours ago, REOVA said:

Ha. In theory. We were first to Port last month and bags first on empty luggage rack outside terminal. Didn't get bag to room until ship was moving 4 hours later. That was a 1 off but it happens. So much for priority luggage tag. 🤣 There will be bumps when traveling so just need to sail on. Would be nice to have tags scannable and tracked like airlines do. 🤔

Took my luggage a long time to get to my room on my last cruise.  I was in the first boarding group.  Got my luggage around 3:30 if I remember correctly.

13 hours ago, mathed101 said:

Those are the ones I go for!  Other people like the aft-wraps, others closer to the mid-ship elevators and of course other locations, so you need to decide for yourself per your likes.

The ones by the Neptune Lounge are soooooo convenient for snacks and assistance from the staff.  Some people has complained about door and traffic noises, but I have never found this to be a problem, plus the lounge is only open until about 7-8 PM and usually not until about 7 am.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Those are the ones I go for!  Other people like the aft-wraps, others closer to the mid-ship elevators and of course other locations, so you need to decide for yourself per your likes.

The ones by the Neptune Lounge are soooooo convenient for snacks and assistance from the staff.  Some people has complained about door and traffic noises, but I have never found this to be a problem, plus the lounge is only open until about 7-8 PM and usually not until about 7 am.

Thanks for the lounge info. I don't know how much we're going to be in the lounge but I am excited to find out!!  BTW, I appreciate all of your past posts about upgrades as they have been very helpful to me when figuring out what dollar value would be considered to be a good deal.j