Best hotel/ bnb in the las rambles or gothic section of Barcelona?

Cookie002

Hi there

i am looking for peoples input about the best hotels in Barcelona with an excellent location for walking. We are going to stay a week next October, and I am looking for something that has great location and character, relatively reasonably priced, and we always appreciate breakfast included… things have changed so much since Covid, I would appreciate anyone weighing in, even though there are older threads on this.

thanks so much!

Edited by Cookie002

Well prior to the pandemic I stayed in Hotel Suizo.  I loved the location right beside a metro stop and taxis to ship were readily available.   Character???  I suppose that is relative.  I do find a lot of Spanish hotels brown and gloomy, and not in a rustic way.  

I do like value for money, we stay just the night before the cruise so we are there for just 17 hours.  However I do always expect a hot shower, clean bed and no noise.  I got it here along with the great location.  I can’t comment on breakfast because we usually go for a walk on waking (I love Barcelona) there are usually coffee shops around and this was the case here.   

I have stayed in numerous areas around Barcelona, only the Ramblas sticks out as “awful” because it was right above a party point for young people and we got no sleep at all.   It has become the bar for awfulness in our family.  

if you look for somewhere in your price range, with good reviews, near a metro stop you can hardly go wrong. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Well prior to the pandemic I stayed in Hotel Suizo.  I loved the location right beside a metro stop and taxis to ship were readily available.   Character???  I suppose that is relative.  I do find a lot of Spanish hotels brown and gloomy, and not in a rustic way.  

I do like value for money, we stay just the night before the cruise so we are there for just 17 hours.  However I do always expect a hot shower, clean bed and no noise.  I got it here along with the great location.  I can’t comment on breakfast because we usually go for a walk on waking (I love Barcelona) there are usually coffee shops around and this was the case here.   

I have stayed in numerous areas around Barcelona, only the Ramblas sticks out as “awful” because it was right above a party point for young people and we got no sleep at all.   It has become the bar for awfulness in our family.  

if you look for somewhere in your price range, with good reviews, near a metro stop you can hardly go wrong. 

Thanks for the info, we don’t want to be in party central! I like the gothic area as well, but did not think about metro stops. I will adjust my parameters.

Hotel Jazz has a great location. It is near the metro and Las Ramblas. Our  room was very nice and well priced.  We booked a Superior Room with an excellent breakfast . We were very happy with it. 

• Like 2

On 12/5/2022 at 11:36 PM, Cookie002 said:

Thanks for the info, we don’t want to be in party central! I like the gothic area as well, but did not think about metro stops. I will adjust my parameters.

don’t want to leave the impression that the whole of the Ramblas is necessarily noisy.  It was just at this point.  I have tried to work out where we stayed.    I am not convinced but Placa Teatre looks, from Google maps, like it might be there.  It was the statue that was the meeting place.   The bulding does not seem to be a hotel any more.  The young people, who will now be in their late thirties may well have another place to hang out at 4 am on a Sunday morning.  

On 12/5/2022 at 11:34 PM, Cookie002 said:

Well, I don’t want to spend 500 a night, but 300-400 maybe if it was excellent?

i was determined to find out where we were  the quest prompted me to get out the old hard drive.  It was all on a 2006 video.  The camera quality meant that you cannot see.  Next time i go to Barcelona i will work it out.  

i had the pleasure of experiencing the time when i thought towel animals warranted photos.  I named our steward and waiter, i saw DH in a suit and recalled that youngest got a Balenciaga dress for the cruise.  It was perfect for a teenager and thankfully on mega sale, i think we still have it.  

it was nice to have an excuse to watch it. 😘😘😘

We have stayed 3 times at a small hotel right on Las Ramblas. It was called Arc La Rambla. Simple but clean, modern rooms, quiet (our rooms were away from the street) and it included a buffet breakfast. It's been about 5 years since we were there, but it was only about $150 per night. Super convenient and of course very walkable to the whole of Las Ramblas. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2022 at 8:56 AM, Markanddonna said:

We stayed at the Hotel Continental on La Rambas several years back. It is in your price range and we were happy with it.

That’s what we’re looking at for our November TA… did you have a balcony? I’m thinking about the upgrade … but also want to sleep! We’ll be there 4 nights. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 1:26 PM, susi_q said:

That’s what we’re looking at for our November TA… did you have a balcony? I’m thinking about the upgrade … but also want to sleep! We’ll be there 4 nights. 

We've stayed at Hotel Continental twice and are booked again for September. The first time we stayed, the La Rambla balcony rooms were booked out so we had a balcony overlooking the back terrace. It was quiet at all times, really nice.

The last time we booked the front balcony rooms, we enjoyed sitting out people watching etc but when you lock the balcony door there was very little, if any noise. We have booked the La Rambla balcony rooms again. The location of this hotel is perfect, I love the quirkiness, even if a little dated and the staff are fantastic.

• Thanks 1