Future cruise credits not certificates

Micahs Grandad

Just found out that the credits we have from covid cancelled cruises must be used by December 31,2022 and you must sail by than as well.

Neither of the two TA's we have been using think they are responsible for checking on this for customers and they both say they have asked Princess to allow bookings by 12/31 with sailings after that date but Princess will not budge.

Anyone been able to do something about this? We will be losing $ 650 each and would rather not. BTW we should have known this but do not see where Princess ever said there was an expiry date attached.

Thanks for your help.

31 minutes ago, Micahs Grandad said:

Just found out that the credits we have from covid cancelled cruises must be used by December 31,2022 and you must sail by than as well.

Neither of the two TA's we have been using think they are responsible for checking on this for customers and they both say they have asked Princess to allow bookings by 12/31 with sailings after that date but Princess will not budge.

Anyone been able to do something about this? We will be losing $ 650 each and would rather not. BTW we should have known this but do not see where Princess ever said there was an expiry date attached.

Thanks for your help.

If it’s bonus FCC for early covid canceled cruises they will not extend it.  The expiry date for any credits (FCC and/or FCD) is always shown in your account on Princess.com under future cruise credits.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Micahs Grandad said:

No, they have been quite resolute about the Dec 31st deadline.  We ended up booking on a week we would have rather not traveled on [Thanksgiving] to get the itinerary we were interested in prior to expiration.

Sorry to hear as we were facing the same thing when we canceled our 2023WC. Our FCC's kept rolling as they kept canceling so when I canceled I was told by my TA that they had to be used by year-end and I quickly booked a 20 day cruise for next week that used all of the FCC just under the wire. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Micahs Grandad said:

We will be losing $ 650 each and would rather not.  BTW we should have known this.

There are two dozen Princess cruises before the end of the year from Fort Lauderdale.

Some of them at prices that offer exceptional value. Why not enjoy a short fused vacation?

My suggestions would be 10 nighter Caribbean or Panama Canal cruises on the Caribbean, Island or Enchanted.

Edited by teecee60
  • Like 2

if you were depending on your travel agents to manage everything for you regarding your FCC, either you did not make that clear enough to them, or you need new travel agents.  I do not really think I have ever seen any credits distributed without a cancellation date!

Any chance you could get them reassigned to a friend or family member who could travel immediately?

I do not believe FCC or FCD are transferable. This won't help OP but everyone else should look at their Circle Savings account at least once to see where their credits lie and what the expiration dates state (use by / book by / sail by). JMHO It is ultimately our individual responsibility to monitor that just like we do our bank accounts

Goodwill credits expire this month (yes, including both my granddaughters')

Nonrefundable expire 12/31/23

Refundable expire 12/32/24

Covid "onboard" FCC expire 12 months after being issued

Every now & then there's an odd ball expiration (like mine that expire 5/1/23 bc my 1st CVP pushed it out to use on 1 particular voyage)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Micahs Grandad said:

Thanks for your help.

Sorry you are in this situation, but you are not a newbie here on Princess Forum and this topic has been frequently posted about.  Also, as others have mentioned above, the FCC details in your Captain's Circle Profile definitely include the expiry date. 

Bonus FCC is going to be lost, but actual money you paid is not lost as the FCC can be cashed out to recover your deposit or cruise fare.  During Covid, we could all earn some bonus FCC if we didn't take our money back.  It was also clearly stated by Princess that if we wanted to take a refund anytime, we would lose the bonus.

• Like 2

I know of one couple that had their future cruise credit extended past Dec 31, 2022 and that's because they verified they had covid a couple days before their scheduled cruise.  Their cruise is Jan 2023,  

But we earned that FCC by being on the Grand Princess Feb 2020 Hawaiian cruise.  That may or may not have anything to do with sympathy in extending the credit.  Or them may have gotten lucky.  Who knows.   

• Like 1