On the Splendor BtoB Dec 3 -20

cwn

1 hour ago, Kristal Blade said:

It’s nearly 3am, I am wide awake so getting in the mood for later today by enjoying these photos of life on board.

Looking forward to unpacking and decorating our cabin now!

Same here, due to jet lag I’m wide awake as well. I’m so thrilled to board later in the day and see alll the wonderful decorations in reality. 
im also so happy and thankful that we AND our complete luggage made it to Miami. It’ll make things so much easier now. 
when we arrived in the hotel last night, they had a reservation for three nights for one person, upps, but the regent representative helped us and they fixed it into a wonderful room for three for one night. So right now I can enjoy a wonderful view from the 16th floor to the skyline.of Miami.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, zipcruise said:

Same here, due to jet lag I’m wide awake as well. I’m so thrilled to board later in the day and see alll the wonderful decorations in reality. 
im also so happy and thankful that we AND our complete luggage made it to Miami. It’ll make things so much easier now. 
when we arrived in the hotel last night, they had a reservation for three nights for one person, upps, but the regent representative helped us and they fixed it into a wonderful room for three for one night. So right now I can enjoy a wonderful view from the 16th floor to the skyline.of Miami.

We are on the 10th floor, views are great!

Bring on breakfast, we are ready for it right now, ha ha.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, cwn said:

Well I am now packed and we have early reservations in Chartreuse. I made them months ago for 6:30 but when they changed the opening times to 6 they moved ours to 6 so we will miss the Krew Kappers which is always good. I made them change the Prime 7 (same deal) so we could attend the Loyalty cocktail party, but didn’t realize at the time we had the same problem with this reservation.

To catch up on the last three days, we were in Costa Maya Mexico on Dec 17. Most of the tours were 3 man ones so we passed. It was a beautiful day but very humid. The pier was long and didn’t look like there was much at the other end so we made it a ship day. And ended that with our Prime 7 dinner. It was a stellar meal and service was great. Much better than the last cruise.

Yesterday was Cozumel. We have been there many times diving and more recently taking the grandkids on cruises out of Galveston. In fact my Dad use to go fishing there in the late ‘50 and’60s before there was really anything there!

We docked right in town  near the ferry dock which is nice if you want to explore on your own. We just took the bike taxi on the pier to the Welcome area and walked around a bit. The NCL Pearl was beside us and I think most of the crew and passengers were watching the game on a TV at the bar in the shopping area. I contributed to the economy getting some bead ornaments for our soon to be Christmas tree and we had a nice late lunch ashore. Last night we ate at the pool grill. We went at 6:30, about 25 people came in while we ate. We had the best pork ribs I have ever had. I think they are making a big mistake doing away with evening service. I don’t see how they need 8 suites for s staff of two cooks. A bartender, and a head waiter and an assistant and the man serving ice cream! We begged for casual out door service on the 2018 WC. 

Today I went to crafts this morning and we made a Morse code bracelet spelling out bon voyage. Cute…I think anyway. Dick went to Trivia this afternoon and placed 3rd while I packed! He got a visor for his efforts. 

I will post sone pictures after dinner but it is time to eat again!!!

They were using 3 guest suites for 6 employees and 2 employees were in staff cabins. Pool deck dinner closes jan 5 for all ships but Mariner which will stay open until the end of the WC. There were 690 pax on cruise ending dec 20 and 736? On next leg with all cabins free for guests fulls booked.

23 hours ago, mnocket said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what are "3 man tours"?

Symbol used to denote that the tour is considered active to very active and should only be taken by people who have no mobility issues as cwn said and able to walk long distances or on challenging terrain etc. 

On 12/5/2022 at 9:06 AM, Kristal Blade said:

We get a kettle when we cruise with other lines.. P&O, Princess, Celebrity, Azamara.

I don’t want to bring my own kettle, just have one to use while I’m in the cabin.

I think I might be concierge level, I never drink coffee and I don’t see that a kettle is more of a fire hazard than a coffee maker.

I will probably ring room service if I don’t get a 

Edited by purpleally