Marella Ship up for sale?

1 hour ago, howmuch! said:

Discovery is currently in Cadiz having a cosmetic refit of cabins on decks 7 and 8, but should be sailing to caribbean from Malaga on the 8th.

Yep, she's one of our fave ships, we had a nice pre-lockdown trip on 21st March 2019, out of Laem Chabang to Sihanoukville, Phu My and Colombo etc., etc.

Before starting this thread I did look at Brummjam's excellent post on Marella Itinaries for 2023/24 and she does have a pretty full diary for the next couple of years :-

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/marella-cruises-2023.html

Perhaps Marella are simply 'testing the water' with a view to getting a replacement vessel? If successful, I hope they keep the Diccovery name. 

hiya Howmuch,   just looked and Discovery is still in Cadiz i wonder if the refit has got behind. will look tomorrow to see if it sails to Malaga to pick up passengers.  We hope so we should be boarding it when it docks in Barbados.

So-called ship broker websites always feature ships that are not actually on the market. They seem to take a speculative punt (pardon the pun) that someone will make an offer the cruise line can't afford not to take...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Britboys said:

So-called ship broker websites always feature ships that are not actually on the market. They seem to take a speculative punt (pardon the pun) that someone will make an offer the cruise line can't afford not to take...

I'd be surprised if the broker was allowed to advertise a ship for sale, without some sort of input from the owner. I know she's had a recent refurb but the guide price seems a touch high for a  1996 build, compared to others on the market :-

https://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats-for-sale/type-power/class-power-cruise-ship/ 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bertie Doe said:

I'd be surprised if the broker was allowed to advertise a ship for sale, without some sort of input from the owner. I know she's had a recent refurb but the guide price seems a touch high for a  1996 build, compared to others on the market :-

Yep,think much the same BD

You,d think TUI/Marella would have something to say if one of their ships was falsely advertised as being for sale

16 hours ago, Bertie Doe said:

They often don't actually name the ship and so seem to get away with it...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am looking for an old Cruise Ship for a project 

KNIGHTS SHIPS I would be very grateful for the information

If you would donate to help with the project or Cruise Ship you do not need I would welcome to hear from you with any Help   

ACg8ocKIqFP22SMMvCs4oz-lINgqnyKt1IRE81yrhfARmkKi16M=s80-p

Stephen Knight <stephenknight079@gmail.com>

Mon, 29 Jan, 12:50

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to info
cleardot.gif

Dear Sir or Madam HR Team 

I want to make a request about a project I am working on KNIGHTS SHIPS Luxury and Wealthy Lifestyle. 

I am planning on looking for an Old Cruise Ship just before Scrip it so I can be planning on using Renewable Energy Supply. 

I want to Thank you for taking the time out of work busy schedule to look at my information. 

I would just like to request any Donations or Free Gifts available to help with my project. 

I am working on a Film Documentary about the KNIGHTS SHIPS

Thank you for the Free Gift or Goody Bags 

Very strange request above but see below

Companies house page copy for Knights Ships Ltd

Registered office address

32 Crompton Road Rubery Rednal, Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B45 0LH 

Company status

Active

Company type

Private limited Company

Incorporated on

14 June 2023

Accounts

First accounts made up to  30 June 2024
due by 14 March 2025

Confirmation statement

First statement date  13 June 2024
due by 27 June 2024

Nature of business (SIC)

18202 - Reproduction of video recording

30110 - Building of ships and floating structures

33150 - Repair and maintenance of ships and boats

59120 - Motion picture, video and television programme post-production activities

4 officers / 0 resignations

KNIGHT, Stephen Anthony

Correspondence address

32 Crompton Road, Rubery Rednal, Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B45 0LH 

Role ACTIVE

Secretary

Appointed on

14 June 2023

KNIGHT, Sunday Angel

Correspondence address

32 Crompton Road, Rubery Rednal, Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom, B45 0LH 

Role ACTIVE

Secretary

Appointed on

14 June 2023