Continental Breakfast/coffee is no longer free? Rumor or Not?

northwoodsmom

Following the discussion of no-longer free continental breakfast vs. reduced price for "hot" breakfast...

I've never ordered the "hot" room service breakfast, but I would be hesitant due to the fact that most "hot" breakfasts we had on our recent 16 day cruise in the dining room, O'Sheahan's or even the buffet were not "hot". Without exception, they were lukewarm, at best. I can only imagine how not hot it would be after sitting on a cart, going down an elevator, being rolled down the long hallway, etc.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1

I absolutely wanted coffee delivered to our room with the former complimentary breakfast.  I was both happy and surprised when I found out it existed, then three weeks prior to our cruise it suddenly doesn't exist.  I would pay for coffee to be delivered.  I wanted that one bit of pampering for a week! However when I mentioned it to my hubby he smiled and said it was a good thing I was bringing the insulated  coffee mug - so that means no room service for me.  So yes, I am disappointed.  He is a stickler for not paying a dime over the cost we've already paid for plus tips.  Worse is, I get up much earlier than he does so he will expect me to bring two coffee mugs back.  I may forget to pack his - haha!

4 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Following the discussion of no-longer free continental breakfast vs. reduced price for "hot" breakfast...

I've never ordered the "hot" room service breakfast, but I would be hesitant due to the fact that most "hot" breakfasts we had on our recent 16 day cruise in the dining room, O'Sheahan's or even the buffet were not "hot". Without exception, they were lukewarm, at best. I can only imagine how not hot it would be after sitting on a cart, going down an elevator, being rolled down the long hallway, etc.

Love the made to order Omelettes. Always hot!

Didn't they remove the trays from the buffet in the last few years?

We always have coffee and danish plus fruit in the a.m. on the Veranda. Wife might push me over if that doesn't happen!☠️

1 hour ago, northwoodsmom said:

I absolutely wanted coffee delivered to our room with the former complimentary breakfast.  I was both happy and surprised when I found out it existed, then three weeks prior to our cruise it suddenly doesn't exist.  I would pay for coffee to be delivered.  I wanted that one bit of pampering for a week! However when I mentioned it to my hubby he smiled and said it was a good thing I was bringing the insulated  coffee mug - so that means no room service for me.  So yes, I am disappointed.  He is a stickler for not paying a dime over the cost we've already paid for plus tips.  Worse is, I get up much earlier than he does so he will expect me to bring two coffee mugs back.  I may forget to pack his - haha!

I would consider leaving him at home. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Wondering - can we add things to the hang tag that we want? For instance- I see a bagel on there that comes with the omelet- but I don't want the omelet. I just want a bagel with butter and cream cheese (which isn't listed as a condiment). I also want a croissant- there is a bread basket listed but not a croissant specifically. 

Croissants should be on the menu but bear in mind they are "minis" so 3 would equal a normal one.  If not there, definitely write them in!

Write in butter and check off strawberry jam, if so inclined but I haven't seen cream cheese listed.  Write it in - worth a try.  I've added a few "notes' and had them honored in the past such as toasted English muffin.

On 12/4/2022 at 7:14 PM, northwoodsmom said:

I am so sorry, room service.  I will edit my post.

Edit, I can not longer edit, I am soo sorry.

This is for room service ONLY. 

I just got off Escape today. It's true. Continental bfast, coffee room service not free.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, asmit4 said:

Wondering - can we add things to the hang tag that we want? For instance- I see a bagel on there that comes with the omelet- but I don't want the omelet. I just want a bagel with butter and cream cheese (which isn't listed as a condiment). I also want a croissant- there is a bread basket listed but not a croissant specifically. 

It would be easier just to call room service in the morning and order breakfast the way you want it.