Late seating time has changed

doones2

I've noticed a number of different early and late seating times, depending on the sailing.

As I've mentioned, if the seating is incorrect, I do not recommend calling MSC to straighten it out, as I've had huge pricing changes occur from something as simple as a change in the dining time.  Thus, it's a good suggestion to do it onboard.  If the Maitre'D gripes, as happened to me once, just be polite, grin and bear it.

My upcoming European winter sailing incorrectly shows early dining, which I did not select.  But I don't dare call MSC about this, lol.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

On our latest Seaview cruise there were three seatings. We had early at 17:30. I believe late was 19:00 and latest was 20:30. Seaview was full booked then. On our latest Opera cruise there were two seatings. We had early at 18:30. I believe late was 20:00. Opera was far from full, it was a week after her restart since the pandemic.

13 hours ago, doones2 said:

When we originally booked our Mediterranean cruise we picked late seating for dinner which was 7:45.  It is now 9:30.  Are there 3 seatings for Mediterranean cruises?  9:30 is way too late for us.

Just wait until  you get onboard.  You will be able to switch at that time.

I called MSC and inquired about the dining hours.  Answer was early seating is 5:15-7:30. Late seating is 7:45-9:30.  There is no 9:30 seating.  I have cautiously accepted this answer until we get on board and go check on this ourselves.

43 minutes ago, doones2 said:

I called MSC and inquired about the dining hours.  Answer was early seating is 5:15-7:30. Late seating is 7:45-9:30.  There is no 9:30 seating.  I have cautiously accepted this answer until we get on board and go check on this ourselves.

To wait and check on board is certainly wise.

Still, if you tell us ship and sailing date, somebody might provide at least more precise experience from the resp. previous season.

5 hours ago, carlmm said:

To wait and check on board is certainly wise.

Still, if you tell us ship and sailing date, somebody might provide at least more precise experience from the resp. previous season.

We are sailing the World Europa in May.  Because it’s new we have nothing to go on yet.  Right now it’s being used as a hotel in Qatar during the World Cup.

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2022 at 2:06 PM, Markanddonna said:

Europeans, and there will be many on your ship, prefer late dining. So, it is very likely you will be able to change once onboard.

Correct. I prefer to eat from about 8.30 onward. The thought of a 5.30 dinner is unthinkable.

Spanish and those from Portugal prefer to eat even later.