Dinner Splendor Pool Grill

Observer

I was very pleased to learn in another thread on this board that dinner is available most evenings at the pool grill. It is a light dinner, and the dress code is very relaxed.

However, in another social medium, someone said that pool grill dinners will no longer be available beginning in January. This would come as a great disappointment to me.

Can someone who is currently on Splendor or who otherwise has access to authoritative information cast any light on this matter?

TIA.

17 hours ago, Observer said:

I was very pleased to learn in another thread on this board that dinner is available most evenings at the pool grill. It is a light dinner, and the dress code is very relaxed.

However, in another social medium, someone said that pool grill dinners will no longer be available beginning in January. This would come as a great disappointment to me.

Can someone who is currently on Splendor or who otherwise has access to authoritative information cast any light on this matter?

TIA.

Are you comfortable sharing where you heard this info pls?

30 minutes ago, Observer said:

It was on Facebook.   Dare I say?  🙂

I saw that  and would be interested in the answer. There also seems to be an ongoing problem with pool chair hogging which we find very frustrating and I'm hoping this is not going to continue to be a thing.  Thanks

14 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I can't find the post...

I cannot find it either.  I am pretty much a klutz with social media.  I am reassured that fizzy says that s/he saw it as well.  So I was not fantasizing.  I certainly hope they are not abandoning the light dinner option al fresco at the pool grill. 

11 minutes ago, Observer said:

I cannot find it either.  I am pretty much a klutz with social media.  I am reassured that fizzy says that s/he saw it as well.  So I was not fantasizing.  I certainly hope they are not abandoning the light dinner option al fresco at the pool grill. 

I do not think they are - although it is weather permitting so some ships may not offer it if it is too cold or wet.

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Confirmed. Pool deck dinner shutting down permanently due to losing money.

It was empty.almost, night before last when we went. We had the best lamb chops on the ship there. With all the places to eat on the Splendor, I can see why though. Problem is there is no really casual place to eat but there.

Now the Navigator really needs the pool grill with only three choices for dinning.

• Like 1

We were on Splendor for 24 nights from September to October this year, and never considered eating at the Pool Grill for dinner. It was not good for lunch, with seating often being unavailable, and extremely slow service for drinks and menu items. They were not able to keep their buffet adequately stocked. I usually only ate pizza when having lunch at the Splendor pool grill, and often had competition from the crew when trying to get a few hot slices. If I wanted a casual dinner, I would order room service with a great menu to choose from.

But I do agree that it would be a nice option on the Navigator where there are fewer dining options, and it would be easy to at least offer a casual menu and atmosphere for those that aren't looking for a multi course dinner.

This is very disappointing news.  Of course it is losing money. Nearly everything on Regent loses money. The money is earned with the very high fares. I assume that the bars lose money and the restaurants lose money.

Luxury cruise lines are supposed to offer services, and the pool grill offers a quick, light dinner in a very casual atmosphere.  Had Regent promoted dinner at the pool grill?  Every guest dining in the grill is a guest who will not be crowding other (indoor) outlets.

I can imagine myself making much greater use of room service at dinner time, and this is presumably a far more labor-intensive way of delivering food.

I hope that Regent will reconsider and reverse this unfortunate decision.

• Like 4

I'm very disappointed that the Pool Grill will be closing for dinner. It is a lovely place to eat on a warm night and it affords a place to be where dressing up is not required.

I also agree with the comment about it being an issue on Navigator due it the ship's limited venues.

It is also nice to have the choice on long crises: World Cruise, Grand Voyages for example.

PLEASE RECONSIDER

• Thanks 1

Many of us begged for the pool grill to stay open on the 2018 world cruise. My husband doesn't like to eat in the room especially for dinner. We have eaten at the pool grill on the current cruise and it was the best lamb chops in any restaurant: Please do not discontinue the service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Observer:  

That person is

Jennefer Teegen, Director of Guest Experiences & Loyalty

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

7300 Corporate Drive

Miami, FL 33126

jteegen@rssc.com

Jennefer has responded quite promptly when I have contacted her on past matters.  

GOARMY!

I too am disappointed and agree with those that enjoyed it and will miss it. For those that didn’t care for it, and they have every right not to - I will just say that 2 of the last 3 cruises served dinner at the pool grill. I never experienced ANY of the problems finding a seat, never saw them run out of food, and the fact that “seating was hard to come by” means someone enjoyed it. It was a great place to eat when returning from a late excursion for those that just did not want to bother dressing up that evening. 

• Like 2